Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (51292 Views)

Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Biography: Profile Of Adedoyin Salami, Chairman, Newly Constituted Economic Team / Pius Odubu Emerges As NDDC Chairman, As Buhari Constitutes NDDC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Correcto: 12:29am On Sep 17, 2019
Qualified but not as Soludo. I am Yoruba before you start saying trash
Afamed:

And the person that was given wasn't right?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MetaPhysical: 12:31am On Sep 17, 2019
carzola:
Soludo should be the chairman of such committee
cause of his experience.

well...
Nigeria is a sitting duck..
we are a thicking time bomb
i hope the next elections comes faster.

If no Ibo man you complain.
If Iboman included you complain he is not Chairman
If Iboman is Chairman you complain the parastatal is for gutter and drainage.

What does Ibo really want

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MetaPhysical: 12:32am On Sep 17, 2019
6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member

Congrats Prof!
The only Iboman qualified to lead Nigeria, if there ever was one!
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Correcto: 12:34am On Sep 17, 2019
Honestly, former CBN Governor is not a position to ignore, especially when he did well than the present. I personally think he should be the head of that committee. I am Yoruba before you start saying unnecessary tribal statement.
CoolAmbience:

You are such a mediocre to say that.

You think it is a popularity contest?

Thank goodness that the man that was made chairman isn't Hausa/fulani, una for don bring una petty tribal card out...

You think it is by being former governor of CBN?

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by fyneguy: 1:10am On Sep 17, 2019
ChristianNorth:
For yoruba moslems that will defend this, the VP is the statutory Chairman of the National Economic Council and National Economic Management Team.

The VP is the CEO of the Economy.

But our Star Boy was just fired from his constitutional role. The only role the constitution assigned to the VP

I am beginning to lose hope in Nigeria's future, if an average youth has your mindset.

Economic ADVISORY Council to the President is different from the NATIONAL ECONOMIC COUNCIL/EMT which Osinbajo heads.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by MetaPhysical: 1:32am On Sep 17, 2019
fyneguy:

I am beginning to lose hope in Nigeria's future, if an average youth has your mindset.

Economic ADVISORY Council to the President is different from the NATIONAL ECONOMIC COUNCIL/EMT which Osinbajo heads.

You should use an analogy to help him digest it.

Mrs Abike Dabiri advises the President on Diasporean Affairs. This does not cancel out the Minister of External Affairs on foreign issues
National Security Adviser aids the President on National security profile. This does not cancel out Minister of Defense or that of Interior.

Economic Advisory Council will not sit in FEC meetings but VP as Head of NEC will sit in Executive Meetings to give reports on Economy of Nation.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Olanipekun1: 2:05am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
Anijay1212:

That lazy youth matter just tire me.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Olanipekun1: 2:07am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
TRIGITIS:

You dey mind the clown ni? For his mind, striking comments up and down na trolling be dat. If I get him time, I swear he go dey hide for nairaland. I fit track all the moniker he dey use. But I'm very busy for now.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Olanipekun1: 2:07am On Sep 17, 2019
[s]
Anijay1212:

So that one time devil is stalking you too.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Josewonder(m): 2:15am On Sep 17, 2019
when there is problem they re Biafra and nigeria is a zoo, when federal appointment comes they re Nigerian and IBO man should get it. the most useless set of people in the world. even if they surport u that person is dead politically..ask fayose., saraki, atiku ,obi and brother jona. they re a course race.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by gabng(m): 4:15am On Sep 17, 2019
Good Luck with your assertions

ChristianNorth:

Sorry, we now have an aboki from Zamfara managing the Social Investment Program.

VP will continue to share Trader Moni and reports to Buhari through the ministry.

So, technically, he answers to the aboki minister.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by COMPAQ(m): 4:17am On Sep 17, 2019
Amudeneogu:
out of the eight persons, the north has 7persons the east has 1person haba.

Look at the names again and don't be stupid

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:25am On Sep 17, 2019
umbre:

For the record i'm not a Northerner but you're the bias and ethnocentric person here. Having a Muslim name doesn't guarantee one is a Northerner, please know this as from today.
Lastly, your English is terrible, it lacks syntax and everything. Please work on it before you jump on to any comment section in the nearest future.

English ko English ni
Well done Queen Elizabeth grand father
I don see the plenty plenty accolades wey you don collect in speaking the queen's language.

When saying something about the north for my presence, you berra gerra of here...because sisi you don't know about the north.

The last time I checked, prices of commodities are rising higher more than the tallest building in the world.

Yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:27am On Sep 17, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You nor go face your ladies doctor work abi?

True talk my brother.

A bag of rice is 22,000
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Meteng: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2019
youngsahito:
Buhari will never listen to their advice.
All na for show
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by ChristianNorth: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2019
fyneguy:

The reason you should go back to school.

The EMT has been disbanded and replaced with EAC.

Osinbanjo will continue to head NEC because that is the arm Buhari is using to push his RUGA bullshitt.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Electroweb(m): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2019
kokoA:
Rewane Bismarck don finally get appointment after much much.

**Thanks to Channels tv***
Yes o! I thought I was the only one that decoded it. I guess hard work and perseverance pays.
Hmmm! A team where Soludo and Bismark are on board...well I just hope they will postulate ideas that will move the country forward.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Mayeldah(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2019
Will Buhari even listen to their advise on Economic matters? That Man President is a scam. He only listen to what favours Fulanis that's all.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by vertueptime: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2019
Afamed:

Your choice of Soludo is 100% of your tribal loyalty. Tell me if the person appointed is not as qualified as Soludo. Don't be clever by half

See you, im hausa, soludo has more exerience and access to previledged information than all others, but im sure you wont understand this, when soludo constituted a team in 2016/16 when the administration was blundering in economic decisions to offer free advisory services to the FG, they called him a wailer,and now when all things are about to fall apart you try to hire him? Soludo has more integrity than even pmb himself, the current vision 2020 financial roadmap was his sls continued with, infact let me talk less
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Beat123(f): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2019
When it’s 2 years to go, you come appoint team!! Ishie
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by exminister(m): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2019
Na you know the value of igbo man
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Barzinime(m): 8:53am On Sep 17, 2019
Doyin Salami is a Northerner right?

Very dumb set of people on here.

Ladiesdoctor:
Everything about this man is North. He no dey tire with this kind biased attitudes?

Wetin North knows about Economy building?

Wetin stops him from making Charles Soludo the chairman, and all the Hausa's as members?
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Awoleesu(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2019
Afamed:

Ask your English teacher for a refund of your school fees. A group is the subject. A group of 5 man panel.

Cc : Awoleesu
Sorry dude, but I guess my English teacher did a thorough job...

It can only be :

A 5 man panel

Or

A group of 5 men.

No such thing as
"A group of panel" ok?

You may as well have a group of panels, BUT never a group of panel!

I understand, not all of us are fortunate to be taught by Erudites...
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by kayceman(m): 9:26am On Sep 17, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:
Everything about this man is North. He no dey tire with this kind biased attitudes?

Wetin stops him from making Charles Soludo the chairman, and all the Hausa's as members?

Is the chairman Prof. Doyin Salami a northerner? There are only 3 northerners and 5 southerners in that committee chaired by a man from the south west who is equally qualified. I don't know why you are been tribalistic about this. What we should be praying for is a result that will impact a positive change in the lives of ordinary Nigerians and not this sentiment pls.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Afamed: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2019
Awoleesu:

Sorry dude, but I guess my English teacher did a thorough job...

It can only be :

A 5 man panel

Or

A group of 5 men.

No such thing as
"A group of panel" ok?

You may as well have a group of panels, BUT never a group of panel!

I understand, not all of us are fortunate to be taught by Erudites...
You might be taught by Erudites and still move off the track
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Olumideobaco: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2019
Afamed:

And the person that was given wasn't right?
All are eminently qualified and capable to lead the team.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Arizonaguy(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2019
GboltNG:
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, in Abuja, approved the constitution of an Economic Advisory Council (EAC), Igbere TV reports.

A statement obtained by Igbere TV issued by Buhari’s Spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the President.

Igbere TV recalls that the now disbanded EMT had Vice President Yemi Osinbajo as chairman, who presides over the weekly meetings and receive reports from it directly. With the latest development, Osinbajo will no longer be in charge but Buhari.

“The Economic Advisory Council (EAC) will advise the President on economic policy matters, including fiscal analysis, economic growth and a range of internal and global economic issues working with the relevant cabinet members and heads of monetary and fiscal agencies.

“The EAC will have monthly technical sessions as well as scheduled quarterly meetings with the President. The Chairman may, however, request for unscheduled meetings if the need arises”, the statement issued by Adesina added.

The statement listed the following names as members of the newly constituted Council:

1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman

2. Dr. Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman

3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member

4. Dr. Shehu Yahaya – Member

5. Dr. Iyabo Masha – Member

6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member

7. Mr. Bismark Rewane – Member

8. Dr. Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)

http://igberetvnews.com/997217/soludo-others-get-new-appointment-buhari-constitutes-economic-team/

the headline should have been buhari sacks osibanjo
it would have made the piece more interesting
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Afamed: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
Olumideobaco:
All are eminently qualified and capable to lead the team.
Well said
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Donkonyon: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2019
Soludo should reject this appointment, let buhari and tinubu manage the economy, we want to see the outcome of their economic policies after 8 years. Or they should apologize to Nigerians for mismanaging our economy.
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by maisauki: 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2019
Ladiesdoctor:

and the Chairman is of norther extraction, abi? I wonder at how some people reason and jump to premeditated conclusions
Re: Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments by Nature8(m): 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2019
Dorothy20:

How do you feel comfortable making such derogatory comment about the Vice President

undecided

https://www.independent.ng/emt-osinbajos-position-as-vice-president-has-become-totally-irrelevant-afenifere/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President / Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire / Aisha Buhari Travelled With Entourage To US And Brussels - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.