Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Footballer, 21, Stepped In Front Of Train And Was Killed 12 Hours After Reading - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Footballer, 21, Stepped In Front Of Train And Was Killed 12 Hours After Reading (283 Views)

Why Are People Still Smoking After Reading This? (Pictures) / Woman Dies 24 Hours After Her Wedding In Delta State (Photos) / Benue Man Who Snapped Pictures In Coffin Dies 24 Hours After (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Footballer, 21, Stepped In Front Of Train And Was Killed 12 Hours After Reading by stellapatu: 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
A young footballer died under the wheels of an express train just 12 hours after he broke off his romance with his girlfriend over texts he found on her phone.

Jacob Standbridge, 21, stepped in front of the high speed passenger locomotive after he texted his mother saying: 'I love you mum so much. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I'm so sorry'.

Jacob - known as Jake - suffered multiple injuries in the 6.30am impact on October 13 last year at Sandbach railway station in Cheshire and died at the scene.

He had split up with Ciera Barnes the previous evening after he became upset about texts he found on her phone but a coroner ruled it was not clear whether he intended to take his own life.

An inquest heard Jacob, a sports teacher, from Sandbach had played in midfield for the Stoke City Academy and other clubs then after studying a BTECH in sports management was offered a job providing sports training programs for local schools.He had intended to propose to Ciera during a trip to New York and the pair bought a house together. But an inquest heard their relationship became troubled after he began taking steroid injections then coming off them.

His mother Karen told the Warrington hearing: 'Sometime in January 2016 Jacob met Ciera, although he had had lots of casual girlfriends she was his first love and became part of the family.

'But it seemed to be in the last seven to eight weeks of his life that things with Ciera became rocky, and this coincided with the period he started to use steroid injections.

'He felt she had changed and didn't love him anymore. He once broke down in front of me and told me that he loved Ciera but she was messing with his head. I reassured him that ups and downs were part of a relationship.

'When he talked about his relationship with Ciera at times I felt that he was building it up in his mind. What hurt him most was disloyalty. He was very loyal to friends, family and girlfriends and I think that is the thing he valued above everything else really.

More details; https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/footballer-21-stepped-in-front-of-train-and-was-killed-12-hours-after-reading-text-messages-on-his-girlfriend-s-phone-and-splitting-up-with-her

1 Share

Re: Footballer, 21, Stepped In Front Of Train And Was Killed 12 Hours After Reading by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
Too far , man.
You went too far.

A woman shouldn't make you kill yourself.
Re: Footballer, 21, Stepped In Front Of Train And Was Killed 12 Hours After Reading by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:28am On Sep 17, 2019
This man was definitely NOT strong enough (emotionally) for this world. That's the cowards way out.

(1) (Reply)

The Advantages Of Outdoor Play On Children / Generator Fume Kills Couple, Daughter In Imo / Nigerian Women Now Using Toothpaste To Tighten Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.