Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Him, Her & I - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Him, Her & I (11436 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2019
moorevic:
Kennedy is just an innocent soul whom timi the soul reaper has sort to destroy.

God will help us
let us keep praying also and watch

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
PART 15
“HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde
“If you like, bring a man who doesn’t love God to my house...” My mother would always say...
At this point in this story, I know a lot of people would have called me names, but people are so judgmental when they are not the ones in the spotlight ...
I had a reason behind my action, I wasn’t just desperate about a good man for no good reason. I had a past I was trying to correct with a good future.
At the Age of 15, I got pregnant because of my wayward ways and gave birth to Jadesola, who lives with my parents. I had disappointed my parents especially my mother who was not happy with her own marriage.
She had always wanted me to have a good marriage marrying God’s Will for my life. So, it was highly disheartening for her when I got pregnant.
She therefore constantly rang it in my ears to get hooked to a born again tongue speaking brother, unlike my father who she constantly told me was not the will of God for her..
You should therefore understand why I was desperate about marrying Bro Kennedy, as soon as it was obvious that Papa was not going to marry me...
I sent a text message to Papa in reply to his message to me...
“ I am on my way to your place to discuss this with you...”
Almost immediately I got his reply...
“ My home is off limits to you Sis Timi, that was my initial mistake with you, Let’s meet at the fellowship center.”
“ Fine...”I replied
Mmesoma did not utter a word as I helped myself out of bed.
“ I am going to the fellowship center” I said to Mmesoma who didn’t give a response...
“ Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish” I said to myself. Kennedy was mine
I found my way to the empty fellowship center. Papa was already seated reading his Bible. He couldn’t look me in the eye as he greeted me... I looked around to be sure we were the only ones around.
“ Welcome Sis Timi, we are the only ones around..”
“ Better, so what were you saying?”
“ Proverbs 28:13 states “You will never succeed in life if you try to hide your sins. Confess them and give them up; then God will show mercy to you. “ this is from my Good News Translation, how does your version put it?” Papa said
“ Does it matter?, Papa what is your point?” I said with a serious attitude as I was ready for battle
“ I just read it in simple translation so that it won’t be complex, For us to succeed , after this great sin we have committed in private, we need to come out openly, confess it so we don’t go back to the sin again, so we can obtain mercy.. Satan thrives in secrecy”
“ So if I get you correctly, you want both of us to stand in front of the whole congregation of students and tell them we committed fornication and I got pregnant thereafter annddddd....I terminated the pregnancy?”
“ Yes.. that simple?”
“ Oh!, you think it is simple, Yes it is simple for you as a guy, but it is not simple for me as a girl who will be seen as the seductress, the loose girl and worse the murderer. You will go ahead to marry someone else and I will end up as an old mistress no one will want to get married to, because the gist would have travelled round... Do you know if my future sister in law or brother in law would be seated in that congregation?” I said raising my voice
“ I have thought about all this, but Mercy will speak for us ...” Papa said
“You are been insensitive?” I said angrily
“ On the Contrary, I am trying to be sensible.., however in case you don’t want to do the confession, I will go ahead to do it, without you and I promise not to mention your name.!” He said
“ And you think people will not know it’s me...?”I said
“ Well, I have made up my mind to do what is right, and no gate of Hell can stop me”
At this point I knew he was serious about it and I needed to calm down the mad spirit in me... I knelt down beside him...
“ Please Papa, Don’t do this to me, please, I promise to stay away from you but please cover my shame..” I kept pleading but all of a sudden he stood up.
“ I give you two weeks to think about it, I want us to make the public confession at the last assembly at the end of the semester.” He said and walked out leaving me on my knees...
I broke down sobbing, almost immediately Bro Kennedy bumped into Papa at the entrance, but Papa didn’t wait to explain things. Bro Kennedy saw me crying and He tried making sense of the scenario but he didn’t understand. He walked up to me..
“ You told him?” Bro Kennedy asked
“ Yes!” I said sobbing
“ And ...?” He asked
“ He is disappointed, I went for an abortion without telling him, he said I am a sinner and doesn’t want to have anything to do with me...” I said still sobbing
“ Did you tell him you were raped?”
“ Yes!, But He is more concerned about the abortion...” I said
“No... Why would he say that? It is not your fault... Stop crying Sis Timi, I promise to stand by you, even if the world turns their back against you... And if it means me marrying you to prove to them that your being raped and the abortion mistake doesn’t reduce who you are ... I will “
“Oh my God!” I wept at how I had judged the original wrongly. I had focused on the fake because of my past. I was looking for a Christian brother who I could force my life on. Papa didn’t know I had a child, my plan was to tell him after marriage, but If only I had considered Kennedy, he was the kind of man who would have accepted me with my child....
I wasn’t going to let Papa take Kennedy from me. Mmesoma was inconsequential... If she proved too stubborn, my cousin Gbade was going to deal with her...
Mercy had found me, I had a second chance with Bro Kennedy and no gate of Hell was going to stop me...
I returned to the hostel to find an Empty room and a note from Mmesoma. Mmesoma had vacated my room...
To be continued
To follow up on this series, Follow the author on Facebook @ OPEYEMI OJERINDE AKINTUNDE-OFFICIAL or WhatsApp +234-8151103646. Feel free to share this series, but please do not edit out the credit of the author and details. Lets be mindful of others.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
Written by Opeyemi O.Akintunde
+234-8151103646
Photo credit:Internet

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
PART 16
“HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
I picked up Mmesoma’s LONG note, and it read...
“ If you think for a minute that I will fight you over Bro Kennedy, then I am sorry to disappoint you, that would be me displaying the highest level of Spiritual insecurity. I am so secured in God, that I know that if any man leaves me for another lady, it’s because God is watching out for me or God has someone better. Spiritual insecurity is when you doubt God’s Love towards you and in the process, you try to help yourself... Jere 29:11 states that “ For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future...”
Timi, this makes me understand that no matter the heartbreaks I may suffer, the breakups, the absence of suitors, I have total assurance that God loves me and He will give the best man that will make my life here on earth paradise, so fighting you over Bro Kennedy is madness... I don’t give room to insecurities about God’s Love for me, or God’s ability to give me the best spouse... Do you know who God is to me...?
He is my Father, the very KING of Kings... Is it possible for the Princess of the KING of KINGS not get married... ? No way!, Rather, Nobles, Princes, Dukes will beg to have my hand in marriage. I, Mmesoma am of a Royal priesthood and Royalty doesn’t fight for good things, it comes naturally to them....
Note: If God wants Bro Kennedy for me, you can’t stop it, but if I am too much for him( which I think so already), wait and see who God is bringing my way...Good meals sometimes take time and I am in no rush. I have got better things to do with my time to profit the kingdom of God, than sweating over a man I am not yet married to or may never get married to.
Thanks for accommodating me in your room for a whole semester, I don’t take it for granted. I hope we remain friends ...
Please note : I am beginning to doubt your being raped, if it wasn’t a rape, I suggest you find God first... Bro Kennedy should not be your next point of call...
God bless you! I will always have you in my prayers...
Love you Sister....”
Mmesoma.
I dropped Mmesoma’s note... Spiritual Insecurity!. That word tugged at my heart. Was I having spiritual insecurity, was I doubting God’s ability to give me a good spouse?, was I being unnecessarily nervous over marriage, was I desperately trying to help God...
All these were going through my mind as I laid down on my bed and slept off.
I had a dream..,
I saw myself in a shoe store, I saw various shoes, they all looked beautiful. I kept looking for the shoe that will go perfectly with my dress. I searched and searched for a long time, but for every shoe I found, I could only find for one leg. The other one was no where in sight... I would find a beautiful shoe, but on looking for the other pair, it will be a tug of war.
Eventually I saw someone offering me one of her own pair of shoes out of pity, the pair was complete but all of a sudden someone else offered me a new shoe saying my mother sent the shoes to me...
I decided to take my mother’s shoe instead. In the process of returning the previous shoe that belonged to someone else, I noticed one of the pair was actually damaged unknowingly to me.
I thankfully took the nice pair of shoe my mother gave me...
I woke up from the dream!
I was confused at the meaning... I knew shoe meant marriage, but I didn’t understand the message in the dream.
The next two weeks was a bitter sweet time for me. I reached out to Mmesoma telling her I wasn’t in a fight with her and that she should return to the room. She appreciated the gesture but told me she was fine where she was. Bro Kennedy also reached out to her through a text message...
“ I am sorry if I raised your hopes, like I initially told you, I had deep feelings for Sister Timi before you came along. She turned me down initially, but Guess destiny has a way of returning lost opportunities. Thanks for your understanding”.
Mmesoma had replied “ It’s okay, though hurtful but it is phase and I know it will pass, just be sure you don’t fall into sin...I feel Timi is not Spiritually matured and emotionally matured for a relationship. Peace”
Bro Kennedy had shown me the text and I told him to discard it as I told him Mmesoma was just jealous...
Papa kept threatening me about making a public confession while Bro Kennedy was the best companion ever. The only place he never went with me was my lecture hall. He treated me like egg. I even spoke to his mum as he had told her about the rape and his mum was the sweetest woman ever...
“ Don’t think about it darling, it’s a phase and it would pass. I was also raped at a young age and had several abortions before giving my life to Christ, so no one is a saint. I have always told my children not to judge anyone by the person’s past, so I have nothing against you even if you and my son decide to be together in the long run, because from the way he speaks about you, I can tell my son loves you!” His mum said to me over the phone and I burst into tears...
Tears of how my insecurity had robbed me of a good life with Kennedy. If I had been calm enough with God, all these past drama would not have happened.
I begged Papa not to make the public confession as I lied to him that Bro Kennedy and I were already dating and if he did the confession he was going to ruin my life. I haunted him at all services, begging him to let us make our confessions to God...
“ Don’t you get it, confession makes your sin out there, and makes the devil ashamed. It serves as a whip not to make you go back to your vomit.” Papa had said
“ Ok, please confess to the fellowship president”...
This was exactly what Papa did, he obliged me and made his confession privately to the fellowship president and I thought it was over until...
To be continued
To follow up on this series, Follow the author on Facebook @ OPEYEMI OJERINDE AKINTUNDE-OFFICIAL or WhatsApp +234-8151103646. Feel free to share this series, but please do not edit out the credit of the author and details. Lets be mindful of others.
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646
Photo credit: Internet

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
HIM, HER & I Q&A
what is timi's problem? (a) emotional instability (b) spiritual instability (c) greed (d) all of the above (e) none of the above but........
pls answer this question you can safe life
Re: Him, Her & I by daddio(m): 9:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the update, I'd been expecting something worth reading since.
But, is it a must that one should do open confession.
Why I think this open confession is needed is just in case of deliverance. May God help us sha.
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2019
PART 17
“HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
Bro Tunde was the one taking the closing prayer. I was so happy, Papa did not make the public confession, but after the closing prayer, I heard what sounded like trouble...
“ All executives are expected to stay behind for a brief meeting with the President “. Bro Tunde had said before sharing the Grace.
Everything in my body spoke to me that, it had something to do with Papa and I. Unfortunately for me, Bro Kennedy, Papa and I were part of the executives.
I instantly started having migraine and stomach upset, I needed to get Bro Kennedy and I out of the fellowship center...
“ Bro Kennedy, I don’t think I can wait for this meeting, I am having a splitting headache...” I said as our initial plan was to leave campus together.
“ Aww... Sorry... It’s ok, let me inform Bro Tunde to update me on whatever will be discussed..”
“ You can always call him to get information later.” I said trying everything possible to get him out of the fellowship center.
“ That’s true... but I need to get my room key from Bro Tunde” Bro Kennedy said and I knew there was no stopping him, Bro Tunde was his roommate. He needed to get the room key from him.
Bro Kennedy went into the president’s office and if there was anytime I had prayed fervently before that day, it won’t have equaled the level of fervency I used to pray for those few minutes. I think that day would have been the day I prayed the most fervent prayer ever...
“ God Please, don’t let my secret be leaked to Bro Kennedy.. God please cover my shame...” I groaned silently in prayer
Bro Kennedy took forever to come out, but when he finally did, I knew something had gone wrong.... He was walking out of the office in a very slow way, he had his eyes very red... He was trying to reason out something... He looked me in the eye with tears pouring out of his eyes and said...
“ Have you been lying to me? “ he said sobbing with heartbreak in his eyes and voice, not minding the other students in the fellowship center
“ I can explain!” I said
“ Are you the sister who slept with a brother in this fellowship, who got pregnant and aborted?” He said raising his voice, by this time the attention was on us as people were beginning to ask each other questions... All the fellowship executives had also stepped out...
“ You are shouting and making a scene.. Bro Kennedy, can we go and discuss this privately?” I said touching his arm in an emotional way
“ Don’t touch me...” He screamed at me...
“ I totally get this, I have been the biggest fool to think you were interested in me or loved me as much I loved you... I think I know who the brother is, so you got pregnant for Papa, aborted it since it didn’t go down well with him and you decided to come back to this fool named Kennedy lying to me you were raped!” Bro Kennedy said in tears and Papa didn’t help matters. He didn’t argue the statement, he only bowed his head in shame...
“ Oh my God, to think I left Mmesoma for you this pretender, I am the biggest loser ever... I hate you Timi, I hate you, you are the devil’s mistress” Bro Kennedy left the center, weeping ....
The fellowship center was as quiet as a graveyard, though we had over 50 students present. I wanted to run far away from there, but my legs didn’t move one bit, instead my body was doing a 360 degrees turn on it own as I looked around for who could console me. My tears flowed with no restrictions, as I looked into the eyes of all the sisters I had deceived about Papa having a Fiance.
They also understood they had been fooled. Each of them eyed me maliciously, no one came close to pet me... and one after the other they left me in the circle. I was able to move my legs, and I found my way to the altar, I fell down on my knees weeping profusely .
I couldn’t raise my head because of the shame, so I stayed in that position till I was sure everyone had left, but as I stood up to leave I saw Papa sitting at the last seat in the center waiting for me...
“ The fellowship president did not mention our names, he just said that two executive members unfortunately found themselves in the act of fornication which resulted in pregnancy and afterwards abortion. He said this in the meeting as a way of discouraging too much closeness between brothers and sisters in the fellowship. I guess Bro Kennedy immediately connected your been raped to the story... I am sorry... I felt a heavy guilt on me all this while, and I needed to let it out”
I walked close to him and said...
“ Thanks for making me naked in front of the whole school.”
I left school and went back home shattered , broken and wounded only for my mother to come up with a story that a man was interested in me...
Who?, Her Evangelism Partner!!!
“What kind of thing is this?” I was mad in my Spirit. At that point, I felt betrayed by two Christians I had invested my love in , though I knew I was not innocent, but at that point in my life, I was done with religious brothers...
I was going to find love outside the Christian folk, probably a widower or a divorcee who also had children, so that my having a daughter, Jadesola won’t be an issue...
I just had one more semester in the university. My plan would be to stay low, avoid the Christian fellowship and move on with my life...
To be continued
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2019
PART 18
“HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
His name was Bro Stephen, and truthfully speaking I had serious issues with the name. The fact that the Biblical Stephen was stoned to death just made me dislike this brother from the get-go.
After I returned from school, my mother had teased me severally that, a certain brother she had met during her early Morning evangelism would make a fine husband. She said the first day he came to our house and saw my lifesize picture frame in the living room, he had jokingly told her...
“ Mummy, is this your daughter... I like her, I hope you can give her to me?”
I didn’t give Mum any reply as I was still trying to lick my emotional wounds. I called Bro Kennedy several times in the first three days but I got no response. Likewise Papa called me several times but I refused picking up.
I called Mmesoma to know if she heard what happened and Yes she did. I knew the gist must have gone round the school already...
“ Hello Timi, Good Afternoon...”
“ Mmesoma how are you? “
“Fine and beautiful!” She said smiling...
“ Ok, I just thought to check on you!” I said
“ Ok, thanks , but I know you want to find out if I heard about what happened at the fellowship center, Yes I did, Timi, but it’s okay I believe you should be happy that the truth is out, because the Bible makes us understand in Proverbs 12:19 that “Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed”.
If this had not come up now, it would have come up at a time you won’t be able to control the effects. Imagine if Bro Kennedy had found out after the wedding, it would have been disastrous... But it’s still better this way... If God wants you both to end up together, God will make it possible. All you need to do right now is seek God’s face and when God forgives you, raise your head high, because When God Forgives, Man’s criticism is inconsequential. So brace up, remember it is bad when we fall, but it becomes worse when we refuse to rise up... Forget the shame and rise up.
Sis Timi, When bad things happen to me, I don’t let it lessen me rather I take it as a Lesson” She said and after about few minutes of encouragement, she ended the call...
“How will I face the whole school?” I knew I would receive a lot of finger pointing. I knew the campus newspaper would see it as a great news. I could imagine the headline:
BORN AGAIN SISTER GETS PREGNANT &ABORTS BABY FOR PRAYER WARRIOR LEADER....
I didn’t want to face that shame...
It was therefore a wrong timing for the so called Bro Stephen my mother was trying to hook me up with. I was emotionally sick and needed healing.
Unlike Bro Kennedy, this Bro Stephen was a handsome, born again Christian. He looked clean, he had a good set of teeth, his cloth was always well ironed, he had a nice haircut but the fact that he was a religious brother, an evangelist for that matter, I was not interested.
Anytime he came around, I would dress up and leave. I only greeted him out of courtesy. When it was about 5 days to the end of my two weeks break, Bro Stephen spoke up ...
“ Sis Timi, it seems you don’t like my presence, you always leave anytime I come around”. He said and I saw the way my mother eyed me maliciously like an original African mother.
I knew I would need my allowance when going back to school and if I continued that way Mum was not going to give me a good allowance. At that point, I couldn’t joke with money because of my final year project.
I politely waited and smiled.
“ Not at all sir, I just wanted to take a walk!”
“ So how is school?” He said
“ School is fine” I replied meanwhile what I wanted to say in actual fact was “ Bros, What is your business, are you the one paying my school fees?” But the stare I was getting from my mother few meters away from us told me it would be a big mistake...
“ Ok, Your Mum told me you are in your final year, so what do you plan on doing after school?” He asked
“ Oh Boy! Is this some career talk session?” I reasoned Silently “Some of these Spiritual brothers can be one hell of a boring lot.”
I saw the way my mum was looking, so I knew I had to get us away from where she was so I could give this Bro Stephen some stones of words that will send him far away from me.
“ Sir, do you mind if we take a walk, I like taking early morning walks” I said
“ Wow... That would be nice, actually walking is my hobby. It really gives me an upper hand as regards my ministry, as I can trek miles while evangelism.” He said as we started walking away from the house.
“ It was on one of such occasions I met your Mum, when she was also evangelizing. The moment I saw her, my Spirit clicked with her...” He was saying and I cut in...
“ Sir, I actually took you away from there so we could talk!”
“ I know” he laughed
“ Ok Sir, mummy tells me you are interested in me, so I want to know if that is correct?” I asked very bluntly
“ Yes, absolutely, I have a certain peace about you...”
“ Good, but I need to let you know me a bit, because I don’t want you to judge me by my mother’s spirituality. I am Jadesola’s mother” I said expecting a look of surprise but he said..
“ Ok... I know that already, your Mum told me!”
“ Ok, since that is not a problem, I want you to know I recently got pregnant and had an abortion!” This time around he looked shocked and became silent, so I knew that was my best time to strike
“ The reason why I am telling you this is for you to know the kind of person I am, I am not a saint and judging from your level of Spirituality, you will want to marry a Godly woman, unfortunately I am far from that. Please, don’t break my mother’s heart by telling her about the abortion, all you need to do is tell her, you don’t think we are compatible... God bless you sir...”
I walked away from Him as I knew I had stoned Bro Stephen and whatever love or attraction he must have felt for me had died.
I returned back home hours later and expected my mother to look at me in a terrible way, but to my utmost shock, she smiled and gave me a big hug saying....
“ Bro Stephen said, you are exactly the kind of woman he wants to marry.. Praise the Lord!”
“ What! This brother Stephen is sick and stubborn but if only he knows who I am, he won’t dare me..” I reason silently as I watched my mother dancing in excitement.
I didn’t want any church boys!!!!
To be continued
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
PART 19
HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
I played along, especially for my mum’s sake. I just wanted the five days I had left at home to be over. I wanted to return to school to see Bro Kennedy.
Bro Stephen made my home a permanent abode. He and Mum would meet for the evangelism and would return to my home at around 8am. He would stay with us till 6pm....I wondered if he had a job...
“ Yes, I do... I have a business people run for me...” he had said with a smile showing his ever beautiful dentition
“People run for you? You must be very rich!” I said teasing him, because he didn’t have a car talk less of a house. I saw him as a middle class fellow, who just knew how to combine clothes...
When I was leaving for campus, my mum gave me a lot of money out of happiness that I was happy with her choice of a man for me. Bro Stephen also sent some money into my account, of which he told me to please consider his proposal.
He promised to call me in school and joked about being a stalker. He said he was going to stalk my phone with calls...
The moment I stepped into the bus taking me to my school, I barred his number from reaching me.
On getting to school, I couldn’t tell if it was my imagination, but people seemed nice to me and there was no finger pointing. I was wondering if someone had wiped the story from their memory. As I was unpacking my clothes, Mmesoma walked in with her boxes...
“ I am back... “ She said smiling. I stood looking very surprised...
“ Back?” I asked
“ Yes, God told me to come back here, he said I should be a sister to you...”
“ Ok...” I said. “ But what if I don’t need any roommate again?”
“ Unfortunately for you, this roommate has come to stay and she is not going anywhere!” And indeed she proved that as she started unpacking her stuffs...
I wanted to ask her if she heard from Bro Kennedy but pride wouldn’t let me..and it was as if she was reading my mind...
“ Bro Kennedy said he will stop by to say hi..” Mmesoma said
“ Really!” My heart was pounding fast...
“ Yes!, He is coming to do the right thing, we spoke a lot during the Short break!” Mmesoma said
“ The right thing?” I asked
“ Yes!, He did the wrong thing that day...!”
I didn’t understand what Mmesoma was saying until much later when Bro Kennedy came around. He apologized for shouting and saying some of the things he said at the fellowship center. He was sorry for acting that way by not controlling his emotions... The part that broke my heart most was when he stretched forth his hand for a handshake and said...
“ Friends?” He said
I looked at the hand stretched towards me, I got the message he was sending across, he wanted us to be friends, he was no more interested in me.
I swallowed hard and accepted his hand and from no where my tears dropped...
“ Friends” I replied
Mmesoma chuckled in excitement.
My mother called later to find out if I had gotten to school, which I answered her in the affirmative. She added the statement I was obviously waiting for her to say...
“ Bro Stephen said your line has been unreachable” she said
“It could be the network!” I replied...
Early the next morning I got a shocking news that moved my life into a direction I wasn’t expecting...
I received a phone call from home that my mother had been hit by a hit and run vehicle and she died on the spot...
My life did not make meaning anymore. I rushed home and Mmesoma went with me. My father’s family who were Muslims by religion buried my mother that same day.
I stayed back for three days with Mmesoma by my side strengthening me with encouraging words... She met Bro Stephen and they exchanged pleasantries. My mother had died in Bro Stephen’s hand as he witnessed the accident. You could see pain in his eyes. He was always at our place with a sober look on his face. He wasn’t his cheerful self anymore.
The night before we returned to school, Mmesoma was the one who spoke sense to me...
“ Timi, when do you plan on returning to school?”
“ School?, with what just happened?”
“ Yes!, Your mum is gone and your not going to school will not bring her back, besides you are in your final year, you need to finish what you started.” Mmesoma had said
The next day I returned to school. Since I had barred Bro Stephen’s number, I never heard from him again.
I stopped attending the campus fellowship though Mmesoma didn’t like the idea. I started attending a new church outside the campus. That was where I met Odi......
To be continued
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
PART 20
HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
Odi was a wonderful brother I met in the new church I starting attending outside campus. He was a good cake with a beautiful Icing. He was very active in church and the icing on the cake was that He was RICH.
From the first day I noticed him in Church, I knew he was a good catch. He had a close resemblance to Bro Stephen as they looked really clean and Behind. However, Odi was more CLASSY.
We got quite close and became friends. What sealed the deal between us both was when he told me he was a single dad and his daughter was in the United States with the mother. He told me he was trying to get custody of his daughter. He showed me the picture of a beautiful girl. I told him I also had a daughter, Jadesola who due to my mother’s recent death had been taken to my Aunt’s place.
He told me he didn’t like the idea of passing my child from one relative to the other, he encouraged me to embrace her and find how to train her on my own...
I was glad God had given me a man who did not see my having a child as having an incurable disease.
One thing led to the other and Odi proposed. He told me, he wanted to marry me and I could bring my daughter along with me to the marriage.
Odi was a dream come true, He was the perfect will of God I was looking for. He was good looking, wealthy, he accepted my past and most importantly he was social.
Odi was the kind of Christian that loved to go the beach with me, He was not as boring as Bro Kennedy who was always talking Scriptures. He was funny like Bro Stephen but a better version. We shopped a lot, there was no sophisticated restaurant I didn’t know... I met his friends, they were classy people as well. He was a consolation after my mother’s death as he took care of my bills and that of my daughter.
Mmesoma however wasn’t comfortable with the relationship...
“ I have nothing against him, all I am saying is you need to pray and ask if he is the best for you, there are good guys, but I don’t want to get married to a good guy, I want to get married to the best guy.. I believe the same for you too.”
“ Mmesoma it’s only the blind that will not see that Odi is God’s consolation for me” I replied
“ If you say so...” Mmesoma had said
I completed my final year in the university in grand style. Papa and Bro Kennedy became inconsequential as Odi was a bigger deal. Kennedy, Papa and I graduated leaving Mmesoma behind, But Mmesoma and I continued our friendship.
I insisted on doing my one year National youth service before tying the knot with Odi, who was in a hurry to get married to me.
After Youth Service, Odi and I met a huge roadblock on our marital journey...
“ I said you can not marry him, you must marry a Muslim. Was it not the Christian Evangelism your mother was always going for every morning that ended her life, so you must marry a Muslim brother!” My father had refused bluntly.
My mother had married my father out of love and felt he would be converted along the way, but that never happened. My father practiced his religion while Mum practiced hers. It was always during their fights she would always “ If only I married the will of God for my life, my life would have been better”, hence she always rang it in my ear to marry a Christian.
Since she was dead, my father wanted to force his will on me... He wanted me to marry the Imam’s son Mustapha.
At this point, I knew I needed God’s intervention but Odi gave me a suggestion....
To be continued
DEEP THOTS NOVELS
INSPIRED BY THE HOLY ONE
+234-8151103646
Photo credit: 123Rf
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2019
PART 21
HIM, HER& I”
( A Love Triangle)
“Why don’t you move in with me?, By the time we have two to three kids, your father will realize there is nothing he can do about it, then we will do the proper marriage?” Odi had innocently suggested.
The idea made sense to me. Odi was a good guy, he had taken me to see his father who accepted me. His siblings also showed me plenty of love. There was therefore no cause for alarm.
Mustapha was a no go area for me , though he was a cool guy, but the religion issue would be a serious battle as being a Muslim didn’t go down well with me. I had nothing against the Islamic religion, as I had Muslim friends, but I had seen too much rancor and drama between my parents over their religious difference to want history to repeat itself in my life. They were always arguing and fighting especially when my father wanted the children to follow his path....
Therefore, at that point, Odi’s advice made sense.
I moved in with Odi and life was sweet. I wish there was a better word for how my life felt. I wore designer wears, same with Jadesola who started living with me. Odi pampered me like a Baby, He loved Jadesola like his own.
However, he didn’t like me keeping friends. He told me he didn’t want envy around him as most ladies were always envious of their happy friends. What Odi said made sense, so I lost contact with ALL my friends, including Mmesoma...
I felt I didn’t need them, I had Odi and Jadesola for all I cared.
But....
Trouble started brewing when after eight months of moving in, I had not gotten pregnant. Odi started questioning my inability to have a baby as he wanted to have a baby. He loved kids as this was obvious in the way he treated Jadesola. He had enrolled her into one of the best private schools in Our city. She had a private music teacher, She had a ballet teacher, She had a diction teacher as he told me he wanted to improve her spoken English. Staying with my mother didn’t help Jadesola’s spoken English and Etiquette so Odi said he wanted all that to change....
You should therefore understand how unhappy he was when I had not become pregnant after eight months of living together as Husband and Wife...The pregnancy was a way of winning my father.
I also started suspecting disaster on my end, as the realization dawned on me, that Odi was not yet legally married to me and if I didn’t get pregnant soon, he could send Jadesola and I out of his life.
I knew the abortion could have been the cause of the delay, but the relief I had in me was the doctor’s report. The doctor had said there was nothing wrong with either of us. He told us to be calm and rely on God.
However, Odi was not calm and I could understand, his first daughter was with the mother abroad and his wife was yet to have a child. I tried IUI and IVF, but it failed on several counts, so I decided to take matters into my own hands as I felt God was possibly punishing me for the abortion I committed.
I went to as many places as possible, I did all sort of things and I wasn’t sure which one paid off, but exactly 3 years of moving into his house, I found out I was pregnant.
Odi and I were over the moon, Odi especially had too much joy exuding from him. As a gift for being pregnant, he bought me a Gas station. He told me he had more in store for me, especially if the child was a boy...
I returned to all the places I went and kept praying the gender of the baby should be a boy....
The 7 months after I found out I was pregnant was one of the best time of my life, Odi spoiled Jadesola and I silly. I silently thanked God I didn’t end up with Papa, Bro Kennedy or even Bro Stephen....
I didn’t let Odi and I know the gender of the child as I was so sure it was going to be a boy. I therefore didn’t do any Ultrasound scan. I only went for my antenatal regularly, where I was reassured that the baby was doing fine as his/her heartbeat was perfect.
On the 14th July, the day had started casually except that I had a dream overnight. I saw that I was drenched by rain and I was carrying Jadesola and a baby in my hands, A man was trying to drag the two children from my hands, I saw Odi and my mother closeby, but as my late mother saw that I was under attack , she ran towards me and defended Jadesola with all her strength but Odi stood Akimbo with no strength to do anything...The wicked man eventually took the baby from my hand and slammed her on the floor....
I had woken up really frightened but prayed and called my Spiritualist who told me he would work on the dream. I had driven Jadesola to school because Odi was out of town.
On my way back from Jadesola’s school, my water broke in the car. I carefully drove myself to the hospital. I called Odi and explained things to him, he was elated and he told me he was going to take the next flight to town.
The delivery was so painful I kept gasping for breath. Odi came in time for my pushing... I pushed and pushed and I gave birth to Iremide ( My goodness has come)....Odi and I had chosen that Yoruba name before the baby’s birth....
But Iremide didn’t look anything like goodness, I saw Odi’s reaction, followed by the nurses’ reaction and I knew something was wrong...
“ Was she a girl?” My heart sank at the thought .
I asked the nurses to let me see my baby and all I could shout was
“ JESUS!” The one name I knew could help me out of this trouble....
To be continued...

3 Likes

Re: Him, Her & I by daddio(m): 6:21am On Oct 05, 2019
@ OP, thanks for the update, please we are expecting more.
Re: Him, Her & I by Ann2012(f): 11:29am On Oct 05, 2019
What happened
Thanks for the update
Re: Him, Her & I by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
Another problem. Thanks for the update
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
am sorry for the late update
Re: Him, Her & I by moorevic(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2019
hehehehehehe leg way too dey waka.
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2019
wow atlast I tried to upload since last week but I can't am very very sorry about that
thanks
PART 23
“HIM,HER & I”
(A love Triangle)
Worse, unfriendly, inhabitable can not begin to describe the atmosphere of Our Home. I refused to leave Odi as I felt there was no way of survival. I didn’t believe I could live a better life outside of Odi. My life with Odi was Luxury at it’s best, so I couldn’t imagine a life outside of him.
Odi who never abused me started abusing me emotionally and physically. He wanted me out of his house. He hated the guts of the baby. He told me I was beginning to smell like the baby. I also wanted Iremide to die, but she was determined to live. There were days I would starve her, but on waking up, I will find her playing with herself. I knew there was no escaping. Iremide made me an indoor person, so there was no going out with Odi.
I did not need anyone to inform me, Odi was seeing another woman, but I didn’t feel any emotional pain as all that took my time was Iremide. I had given up on ever finding Jadesola. I was just waiting for death to come for either myself or Iremide. My years were wasting. Iremide was growing but abnormally.
When Iremide turned two, Odi came back one day and packed all of his stuff.
“ Since you are not ready to leave, I will leave for you. You can keep the house and the Gas station. I will also drop some money in your account.” I cried and begged him not to leave me. I told him I was ready to kill Iremide
“ There is no point Timileyin, my heart is no longer with you. I am in love with someone else whose parents are willing to give her hand to me in marriage.” He said
I cried, begged him and his last words broke me and I knew I had to let him go...
“ Timileyin, do you know what people are saying about me?, they are of the opinion I am into rituals, they believe I am the one who is using Iremide to increase my wealth, which you know is not true, my money is pure, I started investing and saving as early or far back as when I was 18 years old, so it is tearing my heart apart, hearing such rumors about me. Coincidentally, your daughter is also missing... Timileyin, please let me go...”
Odi left me in his beautiful house, but the mansion felt like nothing to me. The house suddenly felt like a small hut.
For days I couldn’t take my bath and neither did I take Iremide’s bath. I couldn’t return to my family as I will be a subject of mockery. I kept weeping and speaking to God in my heart if he could hear me, but one name kept dropping in my heart.
“ Mmesoma!”
I had not heard from her in over 5 years so I didn’t know where she was or could be.
I remembered I stumbled on an Alumni page of our university some months back, so I checked through, but didn’t find her name. Bro Kennedy! I saw his name. I decided to call him instead as I believed he could have her contact...
He picked up after 3 rings...
“ Hello , Good morning..” I heard a smooth male voice
“ Good Morning...” I said after a brief moment of silence
“Hello..Hello...”
“ Bro Kennedy?” I said
“ Sorry, this is not Pastor Kennedy, this is his assistant, Who is speaking?”
“His Assistant?” I reasoned quietly as I wondered how established Bro Kennedy had become that someone was picking his calls...
“ My name is Timileyin, his old school mate, we have a common friend by the name Mmesoma. I have lost her contacts and I was wondering if I could get it from Pastor Kennedy...” I said in a rush
“ Ok, are you referring to his Wife, Pastor Mrs..., because His wife bears Mmesoma...” The PA was saying and I shuddered.
“ You mean he got married to Mmesoma?” I asked again...
“ Well, I don’t know if it is the same Mmesoma you know, but to be sure, you can checkout our Official website to see her picture..” the PA said in a hurry
“ Ok, Please what is the website?”
“KennedyandMmesomaWilliamsMinistries” He said and hung up.
Marriage to Odi was living the fabulous life, we only went to church during festive periods, so I didn’t know much about men and women of God. I therefore logged on to the website and I was silently hoping it wasn’t the same Mmesoma, but before I could end my silent prayers, her face and Kennedy’s face popped on the screen as Co-Founders of the ministry...
I sat for the next three hours watching different videos of Mmesoma ministering to singles.
Bro Kennedy’s dentition had been worked on, it was whiter, arranged and he looked really handsome.
A goldmine I had missed!
“God doesn’t have a specific spouse for a person, rather he has several men or women as the case may be for a person, however, it is your responsibility as a single to position yourself physically, Spiritually and Emotionally to ask God to give the best out of the men... Listen dear single, I can marry any man and still live a happy life, but I choose to marry the best man around so I can live a successful, glorious life” Mmesoma said in a video
“Listen Singles, a good man may be able to give you a good life, buy you a house, treat you like a queen but may not have the capacity to stand by you during the challenging period of your life, but if you tell God through Prayers and you position yourself rightly through personal development, you will attract the best man , who will have the qualities of the good man and the added advantage of being able to stand by you during your hard times.” Mmesoma said in one of her videos and I knew this had to do with me.
Odi was a good man, but not the best God could have given me. I had married a man at my spiritual level , who didn’t know how to fight spiritual battles, no wonder he stood Akimbo when I was under attack in my dreams...
“Maybe, if I had married Bro Kennedy or Bro Stephen, they would have fought my Spiritual battle with me” I reasoned quietly with tears flowing...
“ Who caused it?, Who made me lose Bro Kennedy?” I asked as I felt anger and hatred for Papa.
“ Papa!” Yes Papa, he raised my hope, he made me fall in love with him and dashed my hope.
He was going to pay for this...
I searched the Alumni page for him and fortunately, I found him. He had already put his social media handle there. I traced his social media account and found out he was married to a lady...
She is the HER, I have not spoken about her since I started this story. Her name was AZUKA. She was Papa’s Wife. Papa had started an online church and from the look of things, he was having a good life.
I saw their family portrait, Papa and Azuka had a set of twin girls. They looked so adorable. They should be around 2 years old. I clicked on Azuka’s video...
“ Since I was 5 years old, I had lived the life of expecting death any second, as a sickle cell child, the society, my family and even friends made me believe that I could not live past my youthful age, but the day I met Christ and knew I was created for a purpose , I told myself I was going nowhere until I have achieved all I needed to achieve and with God’s Help today.. I am married with kids and death is no where near my thoughts... God is able to keep you alive and healthy...” Azuka was saying in her message
I couldn’t believe Papa had married a Sickler over me and not that alone, he was having a good life with two adorable kids.
Far from it, Papa couldn’t have a good life and expect me to live a sorrowful one, When he was the one who made me lose Bro Kennedy. It was either, the sickler got out of the way or.....
I was going after HIM & HER for REVENGE and RECOVERY OF WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE..
I had lost Jadesola and there must be a replacement...
To be continued...WHAT HAPPENED TO TIMILEYIN? DID she accomplish her mission and What happened to Azuka, Papa and did God lie about her being made for PAPA...( Find out in the concluding chapters of this amazing story God’s perfect will in marriage is).
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2019
PART 22
“HIM, HER & I”
(A LOVE TRIANGLE)
The baby didn’t look human, it had the complete features of a baby, two hands and two legs but the shape of the head was so absurd, I moved back in fear. The baby also had an offensive smell like rotten fish. Though I was feeling pains, I jumped back in fear.
Odi also ran out of the delivery room. One of the nurses rushed out to call the doctor. One of the nurses who was bold enough took over the cleaning of the baby. The baby’s cry was loud and clear, telling us she was alive and breathing.
As the doctor stepped in, he was also flabbergasted to say the least, but he tried to hide his emotions.
I wanted to run away from the hospital, as Odi had left me at the hospital. The baby had been cleaned and put by my side. She was a girl. Her crying was disturbing everyone. I became a topic among the nurses. I couldn’t breastfeed her as I was also irritated and fearful at her sight. I knew this child was not from God, I knew I had gone to the devil for a child and since he didn’t have the ability to create a child, he packaged a demon in a baby form into my womb... I knew Iremide was a messenger from hell to make my life unlivable.
By 6pm, Jadesola’s school started calling as she was probably the only child left in school. Odi had abandoned Jadesola. I received the call and pleaded with the school to please ask one of the care givers to bring her to the hospital.
I waited till around 8pm and yet no sign of Jadesola. I started becoming apprehensive all of a sudden, and my fear was confirmed when I called the school and I was told the caregiver had just sent a text to them, that she had mistakenly taken a ritualist bus and presently she didn’t know where they were heading to...
I jumped from the bed and started screaming. The nurses rushed in trying to calm me down. They thought I was screaming because of Iremide, but I was screaming because I suddenly remembered my dream that I had earlier that day. The dream about the strong man who wanted to seize my two kids from me, I was screaming because one part of the dream had manifested itself, the strong man had slammed Iremide on the floor and that could be the reason she came out looking like a monster, she probably had been injured. Jadesola who had been saved by mother in the dream had also been kidnapped physically... I screamed because unfortunately for me, my mum was not alive to save Jadesola through prayers.... And worse of all, just like Odi was standing Akimbo in the dream not doing anything to save me and the baby, Odi had disappeared....
I kept screaming and the last thing I remembered was me feeling a prick. I was sedated.
I woke up at around 11pm, I looked around for Odi but he was nowhere in sight!...Jadesola! I suddenly remembered...
“Where was she? Had they found her?” I thought to myself as I didn’t want to scream for fear of getting sedated again. Rather, I called Odi, and surprisingly he picked up.
“ Hello Odi...”
“ Hello...” I could hear the sound of heavy music in the background
“ Where are you Odi?”
“ Where do you expect me to be?”
“ Odi I just gave birth, though...”
“ Hey hold it, that thing you gave birth to is not a child, and I guess you got it from going from one place to the other, if you want to continue with me, you better go discard that thing, because I cannot live in the same house with that crap....” He said
“ It’s not my fault, you were the one who pushed me towards desperation..” I said as tears flowed down. I knew I had been stupid, but I had more important things to discuss...
“ I told the school to help bring Jadesola to the hospital since you didn’t go pick her up, but unfortunately Jadesola and her teacher has been kidnapped....”
“ What?” The compassionate Odi resurfaced
“ What do you mean kidnapped?” I noticed he must have stood up from the table he was sitting as I heard the sound...
“ Yes, She is not with me..!” I said as I narrated in details what had happened.
Odi hung up and I knew within me, he was going to make some calls to his connected friends.
After a week, We had not found Jadesola nor the teacher. By that time, I had become a shadow of myself. I had been discharged and forcefully given the baby to take home. Odi stayed out late, whenever he came home, he would go straight to the matrimonial bed. Iremide and I were using a new room, because of her stench. No matter how much I bathed her, she still smelt like rotten fish....
I asked Odi to allow me employ a caregiver to take care of the baby, which he told me he was less concerned about. He told me, until the baby died he didn’t want me talking to him. I knew he was indirectly telling to kill the child...
“ God can not blame you if you stop caring for this thing, because left to me, it’s not from God.”
There were times I imagined strangulating her or killing her with a pillow, but I was scared that would be the second baby I was going to kill...
Life continued but all the caregivers I contacted refused the job as soon as they set their eyes on Iremide...
By the 2nd month, the school and I lost hope in recovering Jadesola and their caregiver. I was gradually losing it, then my world came crashing totally when Odi returned one day really calm....He told me he had something to discuss with me...
“ Timileyin, God knows I love you and would have loved to be your husband till old age, but it seems like God, your family and destiny is not happy with this union.”
My heart was pounding...
“ I was therefore thinking it will be better for us to go our separate ways, but I won’t leave you empty. For the time wasted with me and the baby between us, I am ready to give you some properties and money to start up a new life. Fortunately for us, we are not yet legally married and that means we may be able to find the best persons for us.... I am sorry”
I just sat down there looking like a zombie, I came into this relationship with my daughter Jadesola and I was going out without her but with a big burden called a child in my hands as a replacement.
I looked at Odi and I knew his mind was made up and there was no point begging him as I did not have the strength for it....
“Where was I meant to go next?” I silently asked myself as I kept hearing Odi’s voice saying to me...
“ Timileyin...Timi, do you have anything to say?”
To be continued...

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2019
PART 24
“HIM,HER & I”
(A love Triangle)
Mmesoma returned my call much later to my surprise... She was literally screaming...
“ Timileyin, when my husband’s PA mentioned your name... I was shocked because I had a dream about you over night...” Mmesoma said
“ Really?” I said...
“ Yes, I saw you tied down and I saw Your Husband, Odi and that brother that I met at your place when your Mum died, What’s that his name?”
“ Bro Stephen?” I asked
“ Yes!... I saw him untying you, while Odi was looking elsewhere ...”
“ Hmmm....” I explained everything to her telling her how I lost Bro Stephen and how Odi and I was not legally married. I told her about Jadesola and Iremide....
“ My God! All these... Timileyin why did you give the devil so much opportunity to make your life his playground or toilet for dumping refuse...”
She asked for my address and though she lived almost 3 hours from my place, she came down.
Mmesoma looked more beautiful than I saw on the videos, she carried Grace.
It was her driver that brought her, I saw that her total reliance on God paid off...
She kept looking at me with concern when she saw how scruffy I looked though I had taken my bath “ It is well” She kept on saying repeatedly. At some point, she asked “So can I see the baby?”
I took her to the room Iremide was and she burst into tears the moment she saw her...
When she finally recovered, She said ...
“ Timileyin, crisis will always come at people, but having the right people around you will determine if you will overcome... Do you know Bro Kennedy and I are still looking up to God for the fruit of womb, but I am so assured, we won’t wait for long, however if the wait is long, I am happy I am with a Man who knows the Lord... Odi could not stand with you, but Bro Stephen may have been able to stand...Do you hear from him? Or is he married..?” Mmesoma was saying but I was more bothered about reaching Papa.
I told her I will check online for him. She prayed with me and begged I should start attending a church close by..,
I insisted I would find time to fellowship in their church, with the hidden motive of seeing Bro Kennnedy again. However, Mmesoma didn’t buy the idea as she said...
“ Timi, God is everywhere, why travel 3 hours to church every sunday, it doesn’t make sense...” I knew what was happening... Mmesoma was a sharp girl, she was defending her Bro Kennedy so that he doesn’t follow me again should he set his eyes on me...
I agreed to go back to Church, but I knew the church I was going to Join. Papa’s Online Church.
After Mmesoma left, I joined Papa’s online church and under a month, I got his personal number.
I chatted him up and he was so happy to hear from me. I told him I was married with a daughter and that God had blessed us financially. He was happy for me. I told him I was a fan of his ministry and he joked about me joining his team...
I immediately accepted his offer jokingly but told him I would discuss it with my husband as I will like to support his ministry financially. I teased him that it was probably the was how God wanted me to support him, maybe I was made to support him financially in his ministry and not necessarily to be his wife.
I started chatting him up everyday especially at night as he told me he didn’t share the same room with her. I told him my husband and I do not share the same room as well. There was nothing emotional,just chit chats about our past school life...
My game plan got disrupted when Papa suddenly sent me a message...
“ I am sorry Timileyin, I won’t be able to reply your messages again, my wife is not comfortable with my friendship with you. I tried explaining to her you were my spiritual daughter, but she is not comfortable with our relationship. She has reported me to my Spiritual father, besides my wife is very fragile who has been through a lot and I am very careful about hurting her...”
I angrily threw my phone on the bed....
This Azuka was getting on my nerves... A common sickler...who stole papa from me. She had not met me and she was already blocking my way....

2 Likes

Re: Him, Her & I by daddio(m): 8:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
Only if she would just turn back to God for good and stop chasing after what would never give her peace. She caused all the problem she is facing.

Thanks so much @ OP, God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Him, Her & I by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2019
Timileyin need Jesus. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Him, Her & I by daddio(m): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2019
Bros, how are you doing? Please come and complete this story o.
Thanks God bless you.
Re: Him, Her & I by Ann2012(f): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2019
Timileyin will never learn
Re: Him, Her & I by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 02, 2019
What a great masterpiece you've got going on here.. More ink to your elbow bro.
Re: Him, Her & I by sirdjay: 8:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
Is that d end ??
Re: Him, Her & I by Etinyene(m): 4:21pm On May 21, 2020
update pleaseeeeeeee
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 11:06pm On May 25, 2021
Am sorry for coming late

Let continue the story
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 12:56am On May 26, 2021
Part 25

“HIM, HER & I”
(A love Triangle)

©️Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde

I was not ready to take no for an answer. I decided to attend their weekly
interdenominational service which held only on Wednesdays.
I had locked Iremide in a room all by herself after feeding her. I did a thorough washing
of my body and went to a makeup studio for a glamorous look. I set out for the service
in one of the executive cars Odi had left for me. I wore the wedding ring I had bought for
myself about 2 years ago as a way of making people feel I was legally married to Odi.
On getting to the church, I was taken to the front seat by the usher, probably because of
my look. I noticed Papa froze in his seat on setting his eyes on me. Azuka looked my
way too and I smelt trouble, but I knew my game plan.
After the service, I walked up to Azuka and not Papa as expected and I introduced
myself formally to Azuka.
“God bless you ma’am, my name is Timileyin, I was Papa’s school daughter from way
back in school.”
“I know who you are, besides God told me you were coming… how are you ma?” Azuka
said smiling.
“Fine, thank you… I am happy God informed you about my coming here. I just wanted to
come clear the air!” I said laughing.
“I am with you,” Azuka said.
“I am a happily married woman who has no intention of making your husband fall, so
ma, please the relationship between Papa and I is just a spiritual father and daughter
relationship. When I saw his videos online, I saw it as a means of repaying him back for
all the spiritual investments he had made in my life,” I said convincingly.
“Hmmm… well, you wouldn’t blame me for reacting the way I did, if you have no hidden

motives, then you are welcome into the family,” Azuka said.
“I am very grateful.”
I was able to see Papa as well because Azuka took me to see him.
I continued in their church, as I gave my full devotion to service. I knew I wasn’t born
again, but my service was unrivaled in the church.

I became a close friend to Pastor Azuka as I poured money into their ministry.
I told them my husband was not happy with me fellowshipping with them, so that was
why I could not bring him along with me…
I became the number one kingdom financier of the ministry. Azuka was too plain a
person. She put in so much trust in me. She didn’t have the physical strength of the wife
of a founder, so I represented her in most Good Women meetings, whenever she was
invited to speak I will go on her behalf.
Papa saw my coming into their lives as an answer to his secret tears, as Azuka did not
have the strength to be his ministerial partner. He loved Azuka no doubt, but she spent
most of her days at home resting. The only thing she did ministerially was to do her
inspirational online video messages.
There were times she would have her crises and I would silently wish her dead, but
Azuka was a stubborn soul. She would always survive her crises.
My opportunity came when she got pregnant again. She was as weak as a newborn
lamb, and Papa’s family did not help matters.
As I got close to the family, I realized Papa came from a highly bureaucratic family,
Papa’s siblings were living with them and they had this weird microscopic selective
African mentality that the wife was the general wife of the family who should cook for
everyone even when she is weak. They cared less about her medical condition, in fact
they would spite her to her face calling her the “Weak Wife.”
On getting close to the family, I was partially grateful that I was not married to Papa,
because though he was a good man, the family he came from was filled with highly
inconsiderate and mean set of people.
During the pregnancy, Azuka could not perform her wifely duties as a wife at home and
a spiritual mother in church.
This got me close to the family as I bought their consciences with money and gifts. Even
Papa’s Aunty who was like his mother liked me a lot. Azuka saw me as a relief system
and Papa was unconsciously developing a soft spot for me. He would say sometimes…
“If not that Mr Odi has taken you away and Azuka is already in my life, we would have
made a perfect match.” I would smile and tell him to let that rest in the past as we both
had a great present and a sure future.
If only he knew I was not in his life for any emotional attachment but I was there for a detachment. If he knew I was in his life to take something from his life, he would have
taken to his heels.
What?
I had my eyes on his twins, through his actions in my past, I lost Jadesola. He must also
lose his twins!
Re: Him, Her & I by HoluwaLoniGlory(m): 1:00am On May 26, 2021
Part 26

“HIM, HER & I”
(A love Triangle)

©️Opeyemi Ojerinde Akintunde

I saw several baby shoes, from Jadesola’s childhood. I recognized most of the shoes as
my mother had bought them for her. I looked at some of them, they still looked beautiful,
and I wished Jadesola could still wear them, but it wasn’t her size anymore. I knew
forcing her legs into it would not make sense. Even her hand could not enter the shoes.
However, I stood regretting wishing Jadesola could wear the shoe again…
I woke up from the dream. I instantly knew the meaning. God was telling me, Papa was
an old shoe I should forget. He was my past…
My Phone rang. It was Mmesoma calling….
“Hello” I said rousing myself from sleep
“Timileyin, guess who I ran into yesterday?”
“Papa!”.. That was the first name I could think of…
“Papa? No…, Bro Rufus…”
I remembered Bro Rufus from way back, he was interested in me, but I never gave him
a second thought because he was a stammerer, but Mmesoma was telling me, he was
the Vice Governor candidate of his town.
“But, how can he be? He is way too young” I reasoned quietly within me, as Mmesoma
kept chatting.
“You know his father is neck deep in politics, and Bro Rufus, said the political party his
father had served for over 35 years decided to honor his father by giving his only son a
ticket. Fortunately for Rufus, he was the last child and only son of his father. Timileyin
can you see that no one should be written off, I mean who would have imagined a great
future for Bro Rufus…”
All that kept ringing in my head was “Lost opportunities”,
I had put my gaze on a man who I felt was the best and in between that time, different
greater opportunities had passed me by. I never considered or prayed about them back
then, because I judged by appearance and human reasoning.

After Mmesoma dropped, I sat down and took a pen and wrote out the names of Men
that had passed by me. Both the good and bad ones… I wrote 38 names. I decided to
narrow it down to about 20 of them who were Born Again Christians…

I took a step further and checked each of them online including Bro Rufus and Bro Stephen and furtherere my findings.
Bro Mathew had a brown teeth back then, which was what disqualified him, as at the
time I was checking him up, he was happily married to a very beautiful lady with a son.
He was the manager at a transport company…
Bro Segun was in my department and attended another fellowship, my issue with him
was that he was Poverty personified. Though he was a neat person, he would
sometimes wear only 3 shirts in a semester. The moment I located his social media
page, I found my mouth wide open, he had changed, he was no longer thin, he was
looking robust and fresh. He was also married and from the pictures I saw, he had a
catering business with his wife. They were living in an elite environment, which shows
he was doing very fine….
Emeka, “the saliva bather”. This was the name I called him, whenever he was speaking
to a person, he would always have spit popping out of his mouth. I couldn’t stand him.
When I checked his profile, I was surprised to find out he was married to one of the
younger students from the fellowship. They had just tied the knot 6 months earlier. I
checked to see his work. From what I was able to gather, he was selling cars. He also
looked happy…
Bro Isaiah, was too much of a talkative for my liking, but on checking him up, I noticed
he was doing so well as a Public Speaker with a large fan base.
My eyes were tearing, I was weeping as I saw various opportunities I had lost, the only
person I couldn’t locate was Bro Stephen, my late mother’s choice. Maybe he wasn’t a
social media person. I concluded on my own…
I was still lost in my thoughts when I heard Iremide’s sound, it seem like she was
choking. The mother in me rose up as I raced to where I laid her on the chair. She was
choking on something. I tried to put my hands down her throat to find out what it was,
but nothing was there. I knew the next place to go was the hospital, I rushed her down
to the clinic, but it was too late, Iremide had turned blue…
I wept and wept… I had lost all, All was gone because I was trying to fix a good life for
myself…God had showed me He was my creator and He wanted to show me, I was not
the person to try to fix myself up martially, but Him.
Though Iremide was an abnormal Child, but she was still a part of me, so I still wept at
losing her. One would have thought her demise will be a relief for me, but far from it as
she was a part of me…
“Was there still hope for this life of mine?” I kept asking myself
I buried Iremide by myself in Odi’s compound. I had called to inform him and though he
sounded unhappy, he told me, he felt much at peace knowing I was free at last. He told
me he was sorry for all the trouble but that he was getting married soon…

Mmesoma came around to console me, Papa and Azuka came to visit me for the first
time. They had never seen Iremide before so they didn’t know her condition, so all I told
them was that it was an attack. They asked about Odi, and I told them the half-truth,
which is, Odi had left me for another woman,
At this point, I just wanted to be alone. I knew I had been calling myself a Christian all
these while but I never knew Christ. I wanted Papa out of my life based on the dream I
had. I was no longer in the revenge plan. I just wanted God, but unfortunately I had
danced with the devil and he wasn’t ready to let go of me that easily….

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Unusual Ways To Discover Your Talents / Anthony Okongwu: Achebe’s kinsman killed over communal land in Anambra / Roy Lan Uzoma, "My Nigerian Dream" Book Author (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.