Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Can Anybody Define Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Anybody Define Nigeria? (504 Views)

Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos) / Define Nigeria In One Sentence / Define Nigeria In Your Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anybody Define Nigeria? by 5columnist: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2010
I sit in tears everyday and ponder who we are, what drives us and what we represent?
Militants fighting, kidnappers are having a field day and government not meeting expectations of a people and I sit in tears and ponder,
Ex-military leaders fighting to get back to power and the voice of the common man drowned.
Lost in our lust for wealth we have lost a sense of collectivism. Is capitalism right for our progress?
Our rich African communal culture is dead, one can no longer travel from the cities to our autonomous societies where we come from because of insecurity.
Massively twigged educational system currently breeds arm robbers and cultist and little of those that quest for genuine knowledge.
How did we get to this road with many uncertain exits and how can we realign simple moral virtues to fit into the fabric of the entity called Nigeria.
In tears and truth that just as Nigeria, many Nations forced to exist as one in the days of colonial greed are faced with the same dilemma as regards to who they are and how best to govern a people.
Nonetheless, can't we all find a common sensible ground to continually exist as Nigeria?
Obviously status quo appears to have failed. Can't we find a new recipe to our need to become greater than numbers?
Where is that patriotic Nigerian that can take us there? Should we continue to write on blogs in anger and not act as that Nigerian that should take us there? Who do we think holds the mantle of leadership? Government or us? Criticism is good but subjectively done be clouds the essence of constructive thinking.
Government is only a tool that can help us achieve greatness if deliberately approached with a sense of patriotism.
Nigeria is bigger than the politics of today. Nigerians are enterprising people that can become the best in their areas of interest if given a chance.
Please write about your anger about this country here and what informed it and what you think can help us resolve this. We are Nigerians and Nigerians we will remain but the future will judge us if we cannot speak out objectively on what we need to achieve as a nation.

God thank you for the the federal republic of Nigeria because we are already a blessed people but struggling to find our footing.
Re: Can Anybody Define Nigeria? by atampakoeg(f): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2010
Nice one.
Re: Can Anybody Define Nigeria? by 5columnist: 2:24pm On Oct 30, 2010
Thanks bro and I am really depressed from everything I read about my country. I live and work in Nigeria. I see the sufferring our people and it depresses me. Our supposed leaders are far removed from the needs of the common man. How can we move forward if we have leaders that don't allow reason to bear on our national issues? How?
Re: Can Anybody Define Nigeria? by atampakoeg(f): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2010
You know what? The people who write bu ll sh it about Naija are people depressed and frustrated in life generally- just do a check.
Re: Can Anybody Define Nigeria? by 5columnist: 2:55pm On Oct 30, 2010
I agree entirely, however their source of anger for Nigerian is because government has failed a people time without numbers but I subscribe to finding solutings than whinning.

(1) (Reply)

A Brutal & Catastrophic Election / No Preparation To Receive Cecilia Ibru In Ikoyi Prison – Investigation / Lagos Bans Campaign Posters On Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.