Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) (60854 Views)

Zebra Swallowed By A Monster Crocodile (Pictures) / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo) / African Zoo Parades Donkey As Zebra After Painting It In Black And White Colours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Officialgarri:
A zebra without stripes is not a zebra.

Reminds me of one cartoon of a zebra without stripes....... Khumba
aswear I just watched it today he had only half of it's stripes
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by RUDEBOYY(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
They even aired the movie today in mnet movies.
Lol.

Officialgarri:
A zebra without stripes is not a zebra.

Reminds me of one cartoon of a zebra without stripes....... Khumba
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by DaRuud(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
My Igala friend. Say na " jebra"

NaijaNews101:
Rare Zebra spotted in Kenya (photos)

Photos of a young Rare Zebra at the Maasai Mara Reserve in Kenya has gone viral following its unique stripes which is different from the wild life’s distinctive black-and-white striped coats. Antony Tira, the renowned guide who shared photos of the young Rare Zebra named ‘Tira’ said he thought it was deliberately painted for purposes of migration.

“At first I thought it was a zebra that had been captured and painted or marked for purposes of migration. I was confused when I first saw it,” he told Nation.

However Zoologists have revealed that the Zebra which was one week old when the photos were taken has a rare melanin disorder. Zebras are orgininally not black and white animals, their stripes are simply an adaptation of nature.

The default colour of a zebra is black but the white stripes are formed from the inhibition of melanin. It is an adaptation of nature which scientists believe is meant to keep insects at bay, as the monochrome pattern seems to throw off the visual systems of flies.

https://www.naijanewsgist.com/entertainment-news/rare-zebra-spotted-in-kenya-photos/
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by renewable1(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
Cool

Get a complete 1kva solar power system for 140k today.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by akdjr(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2019
May be na horse give the mama belle.
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by tck2000(m): 6:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
Tolexander:
Eh! Eh wo!!
This one Na ZePANT o, no be ZeBRA again o
Lalasticlala come and see something o
lol
Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by ekesonbatteries(m): 6:44pm On Jan 18, 2021
Happy new year to all our customers from Ekeson batteries, we’re saying thank you all

Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by ekesonbatteries(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
The battery master

Re: Rare Zebra In Kenya At The Maasai Mara Reserve (Photos) by ekesonbatteries(m): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
[quote author=ekesonbatteries post=82318742]Ekeson batteries no 32 Ezekiel street off Toyin st ikeja Lagos 08169345275 or 0708037740

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills Cobras That Killed His Rabbit In Lagos (Photos) / Bizarre, Monstrous Half-Alligator Half-Fish Animal Spotted In Singapore (Pics) / Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.