Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant (1016 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Pastor Isaac Idahosa Dancing Zanku Legwork During Sunday Service / Johnson Suleiman Gives N6.5M To Unemployed Members During Sunday Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlanta

Kanye West sounded a lot like a preacher testifying about Jesus during his most recent Sunday service held in an Atlanta, Ga., megachurch.

Regular attendees at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, where Dr. Jamal Harrison Bryant pastors, were treated Sunday morning to a 10-minute sermon by the hip-hop artist, FOX 5 reported. Among the hundreds of worshippers were rappers T.I., Chris Tucker and 2 Chainz.

"Jesus, let's be specific," West shared, starting off singing and then speaking. "Because the road to hell is paved with, 'Oh, I'm just a good person.'"The audience cheered as the "Jesus Walks" rapper sang "use me, Lord," along with a 600-person choir, and dropped a line about following Jesus with everything.

"You sent your son to die for us and all you ask is for radical obedience to you," West said, referring to God the Father. "You're not asking us to do the least. You know how people are like, 'At least I...,' how are we gonna do the least when he did the most?"

The 42-year-old West, who has publicly struggled with mental health, then testified. "I've seen him work miracles in my life," West said. "You know the devil presents so many flashy, shiny objects. I've seen everything that the devil could've showed you via TV, videos, car dealerships, jewelry, houses, and I'll tell you..." He added, singing: "Nothin' beats God...and a sound mind."

Back into preacher mode, he declared: "Let's not be concerned with the opinions of men at all. Only the opinion of God. I know we say this is the culture or that is the culture. To be radically in service to Christ is the only culture that I want to know about."

West thanked God for the opportunity to be in Atlanta, where he was born and his parents met.

"Thank you for saving me, for replenishing me, for delivering me," West prayed in part.
"When I found out about you...I got closer to my children. I got closer to my family, 'cause the devil had me chasing a gold statue, had me chasing cars, had me chasing numbers...the power of God cannot be calculated by a number, a first week sale, by a bank account, by how many cars you drive, by how big your house is, how many acres you got.

"It's God inside of us. It's God inside of family. It's God inside of friendship that we hold each other accountable. If you see somebody slipping, you tell them. They be coming at me like why are you so judgmental. It ain't for me to judge, but I'm gonna tell them what I see."

West said when the devil accuses him of speaking up too much he says he's "just pointing to the Word."

Speaking about a family member, he said:

"But every excuse he got. I know the real reason. You still in them DMs, bro. That's the real reason why you won't get the ring and get right with God."

"The fathers," West charged those in attendance. "If it's a household next to yours that's lacking a father, you [be] that father now. You speak up on that block. You set that example."

His wife, Kim Kardashian West, told the ladies on ABC's daytime show "The View" about why he started Sunday Service in the first place.

"Kanye started this, I think, just to heal himself. I was a really personal thing, and it was just friends and family, and he has had an amazing evolution of being born-again and being saved by Christ."

She continued:

"People are always asking, 'Well, what are you worshipping?' and 'What is this?' It is a Christian service, like a musical ministry, they talk about Jesus and God," she explained, adding there are sometimes pastors that are his friends and it is not officially a 501c3 "official" church "yet."

New Birth's Instagram stories show West performing "Father Stretch My Hands," and a gospel set to the tune of Ginuwine's "So Anxious" among the setlist Sunday morning.

West has made various appearances on Sundays since January, including a stop in Dayton, Ohio at a benefit event supporting the community affected by the mass shooting.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kanye-west-jesus-christian-kardashian-sunday-service.amp

Watch Video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRqphxoO9l4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by donbachi(m): 1:09pm On Sep 17, 2019
When the wind of God blows towards your directions,changes comes and when it finally hits you...your kneels must touch the ground...i thank GOD for kanye's life.

2 Likes

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2019
donbachi:
When the wind of God blows towards your directions,changes comes and when it finally hits you...your kneels must touch the ground...i thank GOD for kanye's life.
I am so thankful too because from what he's saying it's like this guy really means business.

I'm not surprised though because I knew he always had a heart for God through some of his earlier efforts like "Jesus walks", but he was distracted by earthly pleasures.

I pray that God gives him the grace to remain strong in Him.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
Fatherhood has truly changed him for the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
caringheart:
You really think so? He said God made him get closer to his children and family.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 5:02am On Sep 18, 2019
donbachi:

jesusjnr:
I am so thankful too because from what he's saying it's like this guy really means business.
I'm not surprised though because I knew he always had a heart for God through some of his earlier efforts like "Jesus walks", but he was distracted by earthly pleasures.
God bless.

caringheart:

jesusjnr:
You really think so? He said God made him get closer to his children and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYF7H_fpc-g

Lol, among other similar ones, I remember the above track "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West recorded 2000–2003 but released as music, under his "The College Dropout" album in 2004. Kanye is no stranger to gravitating towards his believers' roots, spirituality and late mum's gospel influence, nobi today yansh don tay for fowl's back ooo. Kanye West with Che Smith co-wrote "Jesus Walks"

Kanye always meant business. He's got a foot in heaven's door, while you jesusjnr, havent got a sniff of any of the twelve pearly gates of heaven
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Cheers01: 5:41am On Sep 18, 2019
Christianity is a joke.

Kanye West that has mental issues is preaching. Someone that will still make foolish statements after.

Black people should leave this religion menn

2 Likes

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 6:00am On Sep 18, 2019
Cheers01:
Christianity is a joke.
Kanye West that has mental issues is preaching. Someone that will still make foolish statements after.
Black people should leave this religion menn
"We’ve both been diagnosed as bipolar, a mental condition characterized by manic highs and depressive lows. Depending on where you are on the spectrum, mania can either make you feel mildly irritated and erratic, or a deep, yet deceiving, purity that makes you think you’re in touch with God Himself. I fall solidly in the latter group, and my condition began with a grand epiphany that didn’t feel like a mental disability at all.

Before I flew home to Texas from NYC to be at my grandmother’s side, I was in the darkest depression I’d ever experienced, triggered by a profound disappointment that my life wasn’t panning out the way I had hoped, both professionally and personally. I was jobless and falling out of love, so I spent the majority of my time in bed, curled up in the fetal position and sobbing endlessly.

I felt myself slipping and began to pray nonstop for any kind of change, a thread to hold onto. Seriously: that’s how this all started. When I began my own informal research later, I found that others with bipolar disorder had been set off by the same thing. “What drove me into my first manic episode was me being extremely, unhealthily single-minded in pursuing the Lord more than I ever had,” one YouTube commenter wrote underneath a video titled “A Look at Bipolar Disorder from a Biblical Perspective.”

That’s how focused I was. I surrendered myself to prayer until the tears stopped and I began to experience thoughts and sensations I had never felt before. My depression dissipated, replaced by a divine sense of calm mixed with an insuppressible desire to save the world with my bare hands. As time would tell, I was going through my first bout with mania, but it felt as if my body was crackling with the electricity of a natural-born superpower (albeit one I couldn’t control).

So imagine my surprise last June, when I heard track two of Kanye’s most recent album, ye. “That's my bipolar shit, ni**a what?” he said braggadociously at the end of “Yikes.” “That's my superpower, ni**a. Ain't no disability. I'm a superhero! I'm a superhero!”
"
- Waking Up Bipolar host Chris Cole
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Cheers01: 6:07am On Sep 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"We’ve both been diagnosed as bipolar, a mental condition characterized by manic highs and depressive lows. Depending on where you are on the spectrum, mania can either make you feel mildly irritated and erratic, or a deep, yet deceiving, purity that makes you think you’re in touch with God Himself. I fall solidly in the latter group, and my condition began with a grand epiphany that didn’t feel like a mental disability at all.

Before I flew home to Texas from NYC to be at my grandmother’s side, I was in the darkest depression I’d ever experienced, triggered by a profound disappointment that my life wasn’t panning out the way I had hoped, both professionally and personally. I was jobless and falling out of love, so I spent the majority of my time in bed, curled up in the fetal position and sobbing endlessly.

I felt myself slipping and began to pray nonstop for any kind of change, a thread to hold onto. Seriously: that’s how this all started. When I began my own informal research later, I found that others with bipolar disorder had been set off by the same thing. “What drove me into my first manic episode was me being extremely, unhealthily single-minded in pursuing the Lord more than I ever had,” one YouTube commenter wrote underneath a video titled “A Look at Bipolar Disorder from a Biblical Perspective.”

That’s how focused I was. I surrendered myself to prayer until the tears stopped and I began to experience thoughts and sensations I had never felt before. My depression dissipated, replaced by a divine sense of calm mixed with an insuppressible desire to save the world with my bare hands. As time would tell, I was going through my first bout with mania, but it felt as if my body was crackling with the electricity of a natural-born superpower (albeit one I couldn’t control).

So imagine my surprise last June, when I heard track two of Kanye’s most recent album, ye. “That's my bipolar shit, ni**a what?” he said braggadociously at the end of “Yikes.” “That's my superpower, ni**a. Ain't no disability. I'm a superhero! I'm a superhero!”
"

Thanks for this post.
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 6:28am On Sep 18, 2019
Cheers01:
Thanks for this post.
"It came to me as I sat in a Texas church in September 2016, with my arms wrapped around my grandmother at her brother’s funeral. I’ve never heard an unspoken message so loudly, but there it was in my brain: “Your purpose on Earth is to spread the word of God through music.” It was so unmistakable that I looked up at the pulpit with wide eyes, convinced the pastor had spoken directly to me. I was shook, but invigorated by the imaginary prompt, a marked shift from how I felt weeks prior."

I dont know how I managed to have left out the above. Kanye too, must have got an inkling that his purpose on Earth is to spread the word of God through music
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by generationz(f): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYF7H_fpc-g

Lol, among other similar ones, I remember the above track "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West recorded 2000–2003 but released as music, under his "The College Dropout" album in 2004. Kanye is no stranger to gravitating towards his believers' roots, spirituality and late mum's gospel influence, nobi today yansh don tay for fowl's back ooo. Kanye West with Che Smith co-wrote "Jesus Walks"

Kanye always meant business. He's got a foot in heaven's door, while you jesusjnr, havent got a sniff of any of the twelve pearly gates of heaven

Why do you hate Jjnr so much ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
generationz:
"If no one is being real with you, I will and I am. I think, I've mentioned that, this isnt personal. I am not attacking you. I dont really have it in for you. I dont hate you. What and all I have for you is love, and please dont doubt that I love you because it is one of the only things, you should be sure of, that I do.

I have called you a greater fool than I am, and that's because by your antecedents, it's true. In a strange and amusing way, I see you as a brother and a friend, but in this matter, I see the truth as a better friend.

Fyi, self-styled "Apostle of Jesus Christ" sir, I know the genesis of the thrill that in the beginning prompted you to start open this thread. Now unlike some, we dont have the need to blow our trumpets, push out chest and be talking about oneself or one's achievements and exploits.
"
- Re: Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ by MuttleyLaff: 11:11am On Aug 26

Look at poor tormented false self-proclaimed prophet jesusjnr again doing like and share of comments
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2019
generationz:

Lol.

He even thinks I made the above comment so I'm liking and sharing my own comment.

Really funny assumption when one knows the truth. cheesy
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 20, 2019
Donnie McClurkin shares his thoughts on Kanye's Sunday Service

While Pastor Donnie McClurkin says he wasn't going to address the Kanye West Sunday Service, it has been bothering him and he has something to get off of his chest.

McClurkin took to Facebook and decided to go live and address the situation.

In part, he believes that the church should not put Kanye down, but lift him up and help him continue to grow in God's calling on his life. McClurkin also says that Kanye is drawing crowds that the church can't, which shows that it should support him in continuing to spread the love and word of God.

https://inspiration1390.iheart.com/featured/sonya-blakey/content/2019-09-17-donnie-mcclurkin-shares-his-thoughts-on-kanyes-sunday-service/
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2019
Donnie McClurkin shares his thoughts on Kanye's Sunday Service

While Pastor Donnie McClurkin says he wasn't going to address the Kanye West Sunday Service, it has been bothering him and he has something to get off of his chest.

McClurkin took to Facebook and decided to go live and address the situation.

In part, he believes that the church should not put Kanye down, but lift him up and help him continue to grow in God's calling on his life. McClurkin also says that Kanye is drawing crowds that the church can't, which shows that it should support him in continuing to spread the love and word of God.

https://inspiration1390.iheart.com/featured/sonya-blakey/content/2019-09-17-donnie-mcclurkin-shares-his-thoughts-on-kanyes-sunday-service/

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2019
Kanye will make heaven before that poor tormented fake arse, false self-proclaiming prophet jesusjnr does if he doesnt repent
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2019
generationz:
It is one who one loves that is chastened

jesusjnr:
Lol.
He even thinks I made the above comment so I'm liking and sharing my own comment.
Really funny assumption when one knows the truth. cheesy
Duh, olodo rapata, odo upon twenty, I know you liked and shared her comment, because you think and believe that I hate you and this being as a result of me keeping tab on you 24/7 and watching your every move like a hawk. Fyi, in your cockiness you've made a sizeable enough slip ups, which at the right time I'll reveal all and open your yansh you poor tormented fake arse, false self-proclaiming prophet. Mtcheew.
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Truthwords: 2:59am On Sep 21, 2019
donbachi:

Don't let them fool you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFG-1cIXgY
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Truthwords: 3:01am On Sep 21, 2019
caringheart:

Don't fall for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFG-1cIXgY
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2019
"You sent your son to die for us and all you ask is for radical obedience to you, You're not asking us to do the least. You know how people are like, 'At least I...,' how are we gonna do the least when he did the most?" - Kanye West

Just loving the bolded of Kanye's comment.

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 8:12am On Sep 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
"You sent your son to die for us and all you ask is for radical obedience to you, You're not asking us to do the least. You know how people are like, 'At least I...,' how are we gonna do the least when he did the most?" - Kanye West

Just loving the bolded of Kanye's comment.
"Paul … The most powerful messenger of the first century… Now we stand here 20 centuries later… Because he was a traveler…"
- KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 14, 2016)

Are you also loving the above Kanye's tweet comment and others about him comparing himself with Apostle Paul, the same Apostle Paul that you slander upandan the forum, you poor tormented false self-proclaimed sorry fake arse prophet, hmm?

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Anas09: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
jesusjnr:

God bless.
As far as I'm concerned, Kanye is better than you Jesusjnr. He never pretended to be what he is not. He has struggles and is dealing with them openly and shall get our support, but you are a bare faced thief of the Word of God.

You are a mole in the fold. A fake who feels people will take him seriously and lay down their guard as you lead them astray.

Repent and work the works of righteousness, or else he is coming with judgement against you.

2 Likes

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by advocate666: 4:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
Foolishness and Godliness go hand in hand.
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Anas09:

As far as I'm concerned, Kanye is better than you Jesusjnr. He never pretended to be what he is not. He has struggles and is dealing with them openly and shall get our support, but you are a bare faced thief of the Word of God.

You are a mole in the fold. A fake who feels people will take him seriously and lay down their guard as you lead them astray.

Repent and work the works of righteousness, or else he is coming with judgement against you.

jesusjnr:
"how are we gonna do the least when he did the most?" - Kanye West
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
"how are we gonna do the least when he did the most?" - Kanye West
"Paul ... The most powerful messenger of the first century... Now we stand here 20 centuries later... Because he was a traveler..."
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 14, 2016

"He was a learned man not of the original sect so he was able to take the message to the rest of the world..."
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) February 14, 2016

"I'm only doing 1 percent, 2 percent of the work, and God is doing the rest of the work."
— KANYE WEST

jesusjnr, the disguised agent of the accuser of our brethren, Kanye admits doing 1 percent, 2 percent of the work while you're doing zero percent of the work. Poor tormented false self-proclaimed sorry fake arse prophet that doesnt know God.
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2019
Jesus walks!!!
Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Anas09: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
jesusjnr:

Repent Jesusjnr judgement is on its way.

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by MuttleyLaff: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus walks!!!
"Then I will tell them publicly, 'I've never known you. Get away from Me, you evil people.'"
- Matthew 7:23

"But He will reply, "'I tell you that you are no friends of Mine. Begone from Me, all of you, wrongdoers that you are."
- Luke 13:27

Yes, if you dont repent jesusjnr from your evil and wrongdoing ways, Jesus walks away from you after telling you to get lost and go to hell. Poor tormented false self-proclaimed sorry fake arse prophet that doesnt know and fear God. That "Jesus walks" is the only prophecy of yours, if you dont repent, that has a chance of self-fulfilling on you and come to pass

1 Like

Re: Kanye West Preaches ‘Radical Obedience’ To Jesus During Sunday Service In Atlant by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2019

(1) (Reply)

My School Taught That Mother Teresa Was A Wonderfull Person. And I Believed Them / A Message To Martinez39 / Jesus/isa (pbuh), The Mercy Of God: (with Quaranic Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.