Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,902 members, 7,863,105 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP (267 Views)

I Can Cause Trouble For Nigeria If Provoked — Nnamdi Kanu / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics) / Man Stabbed To Death By His Girlfriend In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP by nairapark: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2019
The Ondo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Undie Adie, has ordered an investigation into the brawl between a policeman, Taiwo Orishalade, and some young men at a popular night club in the Alagbaka area of Akure.
Orishalade, who was alleged to be drunk, reportedly stabbed nine persons inside the club during the brawl.

The injured policeman and the victims were said to have been taken to hospitals for treatment.
The state Public Relations Officer, Mr Femi Joseph, said in a statement on Monday that the CP had ordered a full investigation into the matter.

He, however, explained that the preliminary investigation conducted by the command showed that Orishalade was provoked by the men, which led to the free-for-all.

According to the PPRO, the preliminary investigation also revealed that three men were involved in the brawl and not nine, and the police officer did not stab any of them.

He said, “There was a social gathering organised by a friend to one of our policemen, Sergeant Taiwo Orishalade, at a popular eatery in Akure to celebrate the birthday of his girlfriend. The police officer, who was not on official duty and was also not in uniform, sat with some other guests at the party.

“At a point, some young men, who apparently identified the police officer even though he was in mufti, approached him to buy drinks for them. The policeman humbly told them that he was invited by a friend to the party and besides, he did not have enough money on him to accede to their request.

“The men, who were apparently drunk and appeared like miscreants, insisted that the officer must buy drinks for them or leave the scene, or in the alternative, be ready to be killed just like they did to his colleague inspector sometime ago. The officer pleaded with them to take things calmly, but within a twinkle of an eye, one of the boys slapped him, while another took a bottle, smashed it and stabbed the sergeant with it.

“Naturally, he had to fight back, which resulted in the injuries to the three of them. The three of them involved in the incident, including the policeman, were taken to hospital, treated and discharged.”

Joseph said all the men involved in the fight had refused to report at the police station.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1568705367/nightclub-stabbed-men-provoked-policeman-ondo

Re: Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP by nwamabo247(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
that is not a good reason to justify his action.please dear nairalanders i need help
Re: Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP by ohabiam: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2019
So you defending ur drunk officer who got himself drunk, caused bodily harm to people and constituting public nuisance for the facts that he was :
PROVOKED
NOT ON DUTY as @ the time he attacked his victims
Mr Undies abi Mr. Panties, do u know how many PROVOKED NIGERIANS languishing in jails all the country, and even on death row for causing public nuisance, damages, bodily harm and even murder for your same reason of being provoked.
Re: Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2019
Until they kill the policeman,right? And you need help? I can help you as long as money is not involved. If it's money, bro we all need help. cool
nwamabo247:
that is not a good reason to justify his action.please dear nairalanders i need help
Re: Nightclub: Stabbed Men Provoked Policeman - Ondo CP by nwamabo247(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2019
SillyeRabbit:
Until they kill the policeman,right? And you need help? I can help you as long as money is not involved. If it's money, bro we all need help. cool
no as a police man he should have know how to manage sutuation like that.yes we all need help but their some critical conditions that ours is better than.if i am healthy and can walk or even able to control some major part of my body i wont be begging for help

(1) (Reply)

Apprentice Commits Suicide Three Months After Boyfriend Did Same / Fan War: Tasha And Seyi Fans Clash / 2 Medical Doctors In Trouble Over Death Of Pregnant Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.