Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners (591 Views)

Court Voids Ebonyi LGA Election, Calls It Undemocratic, Unlawful, Umahi Reacts / Magodo: Lagos Government To Compensate Shangisha Landlords With 549 Plots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by bellachibaby(f): 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2019
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, Tuesday, berated those who protested against the sitting of a cargo International Airport approved by President Mohammadu Buhari for the state. Thickmatch reports'

Recall that Thickmatch.com reported that Aguogboriga, Umuoghara community in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi State had on Monday protested and rejected the sitting of the airport in their community.

But the governor while reacting to the development, said such protest was a distraction to his administration and called on the general public to disregard such, adding that it was the handwork of the opposition.

Umahi, who spoke to journalists in Abakaliki, through the commissioner for information and state orientation, Barr. Uchenna Orji denied any refusal by the governor to pay compensation to those whose houses were marked for demolition.

He said nothing will stop the state government from constructing the airport in the said approved site, adding that all land belongs to the government and called on the protesters to vacate the marked areas.

“Some villagers in Umuoghara community in Ezza North LGA, protested yesterday and impressions were given out. We were actually worried because newsmen were there.

“We needed to put the record straight. As a matter of fact, the state government under the leadership of the governor Chief David Umahi has a plan to develop the state and needed to build an international airport for the state.

“The stakeholders of Umuoghara community were consulted about the area to site the international airport. Considerations were given on the area of centrality and it fell on Ezza north and part of Ezza south LGAs.

“The governor did not only consult stakeholders but also held a meeting with the owners of the lands and decisions were reached on where to site the airport, that will be central to the people of the state in general.

“The governor has severally met with the stakeholders and owners of the lands and the issue of compensation was also resolved. It was agreed that enumeration is made so that issues of building and economic trees affected can be compensated.

“Before this administration, the people of Ezza north were so neglected and the governor said such a thing will not happen at his own time. I, therefore, call on the general public to treat the protest with the wave of the hand. It is just an orchestration of people who think that they could blackmail the responsible government led by Chief David Umahi,” he stated. Thickmatch.com Reports'

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/airport-umahi-reacts-report-refusal-compensate-3000-house-owners/

Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2019
This man is a dictator.

Anyway Ebonyi is his personal property the way he goes about with governance.

He should look for virgin land to do this instead of rendering People homeless without compensation.

1 Like

Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by nonyofor2(m): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2019
He doesn't care about the welfare of Ebonyians whenever he wants to execute a project.
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by Johnnyessence(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2019
bellachibaby:
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief David Umahi, Tuesday, berated those who protested against the sitting of a cargo International Airport approved by President Mohammadu Buhari for the state. Thickmatch reports'

Recall that Thickmatch.com reported that Aguogboriga, Umuoghara community in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi State had on Monday protested and rejected the sitting of the airport in their community.

But the governor while reacting to the development, said such protest was a distraction to his administration and called on the general public to disregard such, adding that it was the handwork of the opposition.

Umahi, who spoke to journalists in Abakaliki, through the commissioner for information and state orientation, Barr. Uchenna Orji denied any refusal by the governor to pay compensation to those whose houses were marked for demolition.

He said nothing will stop the state government from constructing the airport in the said approved site, adding that all land belongs to the government and called on the protesters to vacate the marked areas.

“Some villagers in Umuoghara community in Ezza North LGA, protested yesterday and impressions were given out. We were actually worried because newsmen were there.

“We needed to put the record straight. As a matter of fact, the state government under the leadership of the governor Chief David Umahi has a plan to develop the state and needed to build an international airport for the state.

“The stakeholders of Umuoghara community were consulted about the area to site the international airport. Considerations were given on the area of centrality and it fell on Ezza north and part of Ezza south LGAs.

“The governor did not only consult stakeholders but also held a meeting with the owners of the lands and decisions were reached on where to site the airport, that will be central to the people of the state in general.

“The governor has severally met with the stakeholders and owners of the lands and the issue of compensation was also resolved. It was agreed that enumeration is made so that issues of building and economic trees affected can be compensated.

“Before this administration, the people of Ezza north were so neglected and the governor said such a thing will not happen at his own time. I, therefore, call on the general public to treat the protest with the wave of the hand. It is just an orchestration of people who think that they could blackmail the responsible government led by Chief David Umahi,” he stated. Thickmatch.com Reports'

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/airport-umahi-reacts-report-refusal-compensate-3000-house-owners/
this is very bad from the governor if he didn't compensate them.
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by bellachibaby(f): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
I thought the rule says ''you're responsible for any post you made on Nairaland''. so many of my trends are being changed by the moderators, for no justifiable reason know to me, really don't know what moderators are trying to achieve by changing my source address. it is not easy to subscribe phone every day to be making posts on Nairaland. To the best of my knowledge, post that needs to be changed are always an article that is featured on other websites example like Article that is not news, that a website aimed to use and rank in organic traffic or sponsored or possibly more 500words. presently, it will be too harsh to penalise bloggers for coping news from other websites because few websites own any or generate news this day (depend on Eachother for news) some of them only rank or cached by google easily because they're old web. please lalasticlala pity bloggers and stop applying strict source link on posts we made. okay in my own case I have made 5 different topics today that appeared in FP but none of my link was there. I source that news and most times instead of them coming with my link another trend will be pushed to FP which I preceded. Everything is frustrating and not good enough for bloggers that depend on Nairaland for traffic. I hope you look into my plea. I'm also aware of rule 9. but honestly I don't think it is captured in this circumstance as an offence cool cool Why it will be very difficult for bloggers to source political remains that,
They have not being recognized news websites, as to gain access to official government gatherings
limited resources.
Old/young domain issues
Technical problems
lack of fund to employ and source original contents.

Forgive me but I must say this without young bloggers nairaland won't be fun as it is now and will be more tasking to the owner and moderators. So please seun and lalasticlala pardon us we are your children. Persistence hinders failure, some of us don't even have up 200 page views dailykiss kiss grin
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by toolovely(m): 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
Johnnyessence:
this is very bad from the governor if he didn't compensate them.

Did you read this “The governor has severally met with the stakeholders and owners of the lands and the issue of compensation was also resolved. It was agreed that enumeration is made so that issues of building and economic trees affected can be compensated".

If you didn't or you didn't understand that, you can go back and read again

2 Likes

Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by Johnnyessence(m): 12:06am On Sep 19, 2019
toolovely:

Did you read this “The governor has severally met with the stakeholders and owners of the lands and the issue of compensation was also resolved. It was agreed that enumeration is made so that issues of building and economic trees affected can be compensated".

If you didn't or you didn't understand that, you can go back and read again
OK I have heard you, thanks for your response.
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by Nobody: 4:09am On Sep 19, 2019
akwa ibom international airpot is yet to function. Is it that akwa ibom is too far for the pilot
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by murphyibiam15(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2019
He should compensate them appropriately
Re: Airport: Umahi Reacts To Report On Refusal To Compensate 3000 House Owners by murphyibiam15(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2019
This issue of land belongs to the government is fraudulent..You can't take up people's land and say it belongs to the government

(1) (Reply)

What Does ‘jimi Disu Want From Tunji Bello? / FG To CAN: Stop Discussing National Issues In Public / Ndi Igbo United Forum Warns Chief Nnia Nwodo To Stay Clear From Politics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.