Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) (24315 Views)

Youths Protest Terrible Condition Of Benin-Sapele Road / Photos Of The Man That Died With Two Ladies In Sapele Accident / Warri-Sapele Road: You Can't Ply This Road And Not Spend At Least 2 Days On Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by shilz(f): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mightyodi:
Obviously the OP does not even know what he's saying. Please there is nothing like sapele road in Warri. Sapele is a different town, Warri is a different town. How can sapele road be in Warri. Please state the name of this street where such picture was gotten from, let me go and verify, other wise, what you posted here is fake news.

Please this is diversionary, sapele road in Warri indeed. Very soon we will be seeing ikeja road in oshidi, or gwaripa road in gwagwalada, or Port Harcourt road in ahoada.mtcheeeeeew
he is talking of the straight road from Benin to warri.plz does it have another name?
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
igetdata:
two days ago, I travelled from warri to benin. the journey started at 3pm and ended by 12am for a trip that should not have exceed two hours.

saying the road is bad is an understatement, it is BUHARIed.

travel at your own peril

There is a diversion

Seems you driver does no know it
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by bogdaddy(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
You don’t mean it, I stayed at Baruwa 2 yrs ago. I remember going to Amala Spot those days
Jgoldie:
Come to baruwa inside...ipaja ayobo...you will know jesus is Lord
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Ganjafama(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
rockafela:
Leave Buhari out of this...where is the state government? Okowa is busy developing his place Agbor and he neglected other regions in the state.
When it’s tome for election he will start patching with cement as usual.
Don't even go there. That is a federal road so it is the responsibility of the Federal government to fix it. You don't expect the state government to use funds that has been budgeted for other things to fix a federal road

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
That is Sapele-Warri Road. It's not a fake news, the road is terrible.
Mightyodi:
Obviously the OP does not even know what he's saying. Please there is nothing like sapele road in Warri. Sapele is a different town, Warri is a different town. How can sapele road be in Warri. Please state the name of this street where such picture was gotten from, let me go and verify, other wise, what you posted here is fake news.

Please this is diversionary, sapele road in Warri indeed. Very soon we will be seeing ikeja road in oshidi, or gwaripa road in gwagwalada, or Port Harcourt road in ahoada.mtcheeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by rockafela(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ganjafama:
Don't even go there. That is a federal road so it is the responsibility of the Federal government to fix it. You don't expect the state government to use funds that has been budgeted for other things to fix a federal road
being a fed road doesn’t mean the state govt should ignore it and cannot foster the process to quicken the rehabilitation...he doesn’t have to spend his state allocation on it..I have seen a local govt chairman who is residing in a street with a bad road that leads to his house...an area different from his constituency, but he has brought a total rehabilitation to the entire road from start to finish, whereas there’s a local govt that was suppose to have taken care of that. As for the case of Warri/Sapele/Benin road the state govt don’t care or prolly not aware of the dilapidated state of the road cos they don’t travel by road...Warri to Benin is by flight so Wetin concern am
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by kindkingsley: 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
It is fed govt road.

valentineuwakwe:
The next thing they will be asking now is if the road is a state road or a federal road?
yet the road passes through a state among many villages and communities. ...where is FERMA, NDDC, OSOPADEC....abeg who do us this thing for this country?
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by arizonalusa: 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
The state government is currently working on the road

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by arizonalusa: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Work is currently in progress

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Sherryad: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
I don't understand this country any more. Traveling by road is now a treat to lives. Check ikoga to adopt odo it's a death trap to commuters
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Abdujapha(m): 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jgoldie:

You obviously look troublesome/mischievous
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Emmy3(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
This is no joke....
The express road form Agbor to Obiaruku to Eku to Sapele is so so terrible.

There's an intra town diversion, however you'll have to pay the community men a toll gate of #200 if you're driving a car;
#1,000 for up to 10 wheels vehicles and
#500 for less than 10 but more than 4 tyred vehicles,
#500 for commercial cars.
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Jgoldie: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
bogdaddy:
You don’t mean it, I stayed at Baruwa 2 yrs ago. I remember going to Amala Spot those days

That road na deadtrap at night
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Jgoldie: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Abdujapha:

You obviously look troublesome/mischievous

If that's a compliment...thank you sah
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by 2shure: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hummer h3,toyota 4 runner,and all other bigger suv go enjoy an
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Which orerope, everywhere is bad, just follow asaba Onitsha if you don't want to waste your time if going from Benin to PH, otherwise divert through abraka, but you go loss small
Is that abraka road really better?
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by bogdaddy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Anyways I’d like to know you better here’s my WhatsApp number 08179549452
Jgoldie:

That road na deadtrap at night
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Luvinghubby: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
rockafela:
Leave Buhari out of this...where is the state government? Okowa is busy developing his place Agbor and he neglected other regions in the state.
When it’s tome for election he will start patching with cement as usual.

Lol, it's a federal road linking Edo state to Bayelsa to Rivers State. It's Fashola's job to fix it.
It started as a small pot-hole that FERMA would have easily patched, but they left it and when rain started the spot gradually degenerated to large section and the top was washed away.

Okowa has awarded it to a contractor just like he did in another section of same road in 2017 and work has commenced. But as usual the road will not last more than a year because the job will be substandard and will not be able to withstand the weight of Dangote trailers and Petroleum tankers regularly plying the route.
Only Julius Berger can fix that road permanently because the terrain is swampy, water comes from underground and the road becomes soft and fail.
They also need standard erosion control in the entire strech of the road.
Overgrown weeds and grasses has blocked where water normally escape in rainy season due to lack of regular maintenance by FERMA.
This is a road FG spent Billions of Naira to contruct and commision in 2012. Poor maintenance culture is killing us.

Nigeria is like a failed country, things are not working the way it supposes to. We all expected change in this govt but things are getting worse.

3 Likes

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by metroid(m): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
FERMA should be scrapped
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
veeshock:

Is that abraka road really better?

No, but trucks have yet to discover it.

Which direction are you coming from
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Sammyimpostor: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2019
I said it here last week, governors from south are the worst. I swear you can never see a road like this in the north. Imagine the billions they rake in from monthly allocation, only Rivers State earned more than Delta state but see the outcome.
Before you tell me it is Federal road, ask yourself if it is federal government that are passing through the road or 70% Deltans. Let's assume it is federal road, we have such roads here in the north which is being constructed by state and FG reimburse the state later.
Let Nigeria split today, North will do well, but trust me it is the south that will suffer it.

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by omoguess: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
I live in sapele but works in warri. I ply that road every week days. You dare not drive through that road. What we do now is to enter taxi from sapele to the border (bad spot) take off our shoes, trek over the border, buy water, wash legs and enter keke to warri.

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by BRIGHT180(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Let me share my story entered a sienna from Lagos headed for warri from lagos to sapele everything went fine but from sapele to warri (emphasis must be laid that it's a trunk A ROAD)due to countless bad spot which was even worse until the locals cut trees to put on the road (actually inside the road only experience can explain this statement)
coupled with the countless trucks plying the road and the locals not allowing vehicles move except they pay a certain fee(I knew all this after my experience in the next paragraph)

So upon stand still and being told I could sleep here I came down with my heavy luggage( the driver said just pay an okada to help you cross them take keke to warri)
What I wasn't told was that i would have to trek almost 1km with heavy luggage INSIDE mud(many parts too muddy you need to enter inside bush) squeezing through trucks before I see a bike and that the road ahead is so tight that i would have to come down at some point for the bike to navigate besides vehicles them re-enter in front

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Well you don't expect all the roads in Nigeria to be like that of the USA who gained their freedom in the 1700s. Nigeria is just 59 oo. It will take time to have good roads everywhere. Don't quote me by saying Some Countries in Africa that got independent same period with Nigeria have 100% perfect roads. You're not seeing the damaged sides
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by kannymoore(m): 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jgoldie:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

We must chop Brokoto peppersoup at Baruwa someday.

You live in Baruwa or Ayobo itself?
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Jgoldie: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
kannymoore:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

We must chop Brokoto peppersoup at Baruwa someday.

You live in Baruwa or Ayobo itself?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Abdujapha(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jgoldie:

If that's a compliment...thank you sah

Yeah it, you're welcome.
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Beautyaddy: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2019
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by Beautyaddy: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Anekeu:
Well you don't expect all the roads in Nigeria to be like that of the USA who gained their freedom in the 1700s. Nigeria is just 59 oo. It will take time to have good roads everywhere. Don't quote me by saying Some Countries in Africa that got independent same period with Nigeria have 100% perfect roads. You're not seeing the damaged sides

What a Very Stupid Excuse. angry

When did Singapore gain its independence?...1963...three whole years after Nigeria. angry

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by aljharem(m): 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
wherewere2wear:
They are working on the road already na

which work ?

Please dont deceive people here

1 Like

Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by sapeleboi(m): 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
cry
Re: Sapele Road In Warri Is Bad (Photo, Video) by OyinO: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2019
A death trap in an oil producing state. What a shame!!!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Blasts Indians Over Maltreatment Of Blacks / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / 20 Things To Know About The Calabar Sea Port (A Must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.