Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) (722 Views)

Hybrid Dual/gas Carburetor For Generator Price In Nigeria / Canadian Citizenship Exam - What You Required To Know To Pass / Original Class 10 Memory Cards.free delivery and free dual otg and usb reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Lizzyab(f): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2019
-I have dual citizenship (Nigeria+Russia)
-I opened a Russian paypal account linked to my Russian bank account when I was in Russia (earlier this year)
-I am in Nigeria now and live here most of the time
-I have an active Russian phone line which I religiously keep alive which I used in opening my Russian bank account and Russian paypal

Questions

-I have heard paypal blocks your account if you access it from a different country IP than the one it was opened in.... I have logged in to my Russian paypal (Same laptop and browser I used when opening it in Russia) 3 times since June until yesterday and so far so good(no transactions yet)....I am expecting some money to be sent from reputable companies to my paypal... If they block it, can it still be accessed by someone in Russia if I send them my details and ask to log into my account? I have the Russian phone number active here in case paypal sends a text or calls...

-Now assuming the paypal issue is non existent and I withdraw my earning to my Russian bank account, Could I then log in to my Russian bank accounts app and send the money to maybe transferwise.com and have them remit the money to my GTBank account here in Nigeria?

Theoretically it sounds doable, and I am still going to go ahead with the experiment, just want to see if someone has had such an experience and how they went about it. I look forward to any input.

Thank you!
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by osacoin(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2019
Not talking as an expert now as PayPal is a learning process...

But first things first
If you have your ID documents with you, you are in a safe position and can do whatever you like, as all you might be asked for is to verify your identity.
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by osacoin(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2019
As per login in

PayPal checks IP login.. they say is to protect you.

So you might not be allowed access to your account on IP switch (your account would not be Blocked)

If this happens calling PayPal would resolve the issue

But don't be scared to try login in from Nigeria
If login is not allowed
You can always return to usual way of login

Or just make the call
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by osacoin(m): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2019
Then getting your money

You can use your proposed method
Make use of exchangers
Or simply add a Nigeria bank Visa card to your account and you can withdraw funds with it

And more...
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Lizzyab(f): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you very much. I appreciate your input! Let's see how it goes...
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by cityofindustry: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2019
There is a feature in paypal that allows you to notify them of location change.
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lizzyab:
-I have dual citizenship (Nigeria+Russia)
-I opened a Russian paypal account linked to my Russian bank account when I was in Russia (earlier this year)
-I have an active Russian phone line which I religiously keep alive which I used in opening my Russian bank account and Russian paypal

Questions

-I have heard paypal blocks your account if you access it from a different country IP than the one it was opened in.... I have logged in to my Russian paypal (Same laptop and browser I used when opening it in Russia) 3 times since June until yesterday and so far so good(no transactions yet)....I am expecting some money to be sent from reputable companies to my paypal... If they block it, can it still be accessed by someone in Russia if I send them my details and ask to log into my account? I have the Russian phone number active here in case paypal sends a text or calls...

-Now assuming the paypal issue is non existent and I withdraw my earning to my Russian bank account, Could I then log in to my Russian bank accounts app and send the money to maybe transferwise.com and have them remit the money to my GTBank account here in Nigeria?

Theoretically it sounds doable, and I am still going to go ahead with the experiment, just want to see if someone has had such an experience and how they went about it. I look forward to any input.

Thank you!
1. Accessing your russian paypal with Nigerian IP is not advisable. They wont block it but one day you might have to login with another device in Nigeria. That is when you will get the device error issue, they will send code to the phone no attached to it. Now if you can receive the code. You are safe. The same message will pop up again, when you are carrying out a large transaction and thats how it will keep doing periodic checks till their system finds a reason to limit your paypal and requests more documents.

My advice about the above is to buy a russian vps and host your paypal account here, that way you would be accessing the account as a russian with a single device and single ip address.

2, For withdrwals
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Lizzyab(f): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
webshopNG:

1. Accessing your russian paypal with Nigerian IP is not advisable. They wont block it but one day you might have to login with another device in Nigeria. That is when you will get the device error issue, they will send code to the phone no attached to it. Now if you can receive the code. You are safe. The same message will pop up again, when you are carrying out a large transaction and thats how it will keep doing periodic checks till their system finds a reason to limit your paypal and requests more documents.

My advice about the above is to buy a russian vps and host your paypal account here, that way you would be accessing the account as a russian with a single device and single ip address.

2, For withdrwals

Thank you for this. I am already looking for a Russian vps to purchase... I am all ears to your suggestion on withdrawals. Once again, thank you
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lizzyab:

Thank you for this. I am already looking for a Russian vps to purchase... I am all ears to your suggestion on withdrawals. Once again, thank you

I was typing then my system shut down. I gave up on trying again.

Get russian VPS at routerhosting.com it's like $10 and dedicated.

The withdrawal I can't type the long story all over again for real. But since you can withdraw to your russian bank. Your problem is solved or half solved

You may DM via my signature below thou.
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Lizzyab(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
UPDATE:

The experiment worked! I sent my Paypal funds to my Russian account. I then decided to try TransferWise and only sent $20 dollars (as a test, online reviews were frightening me grin ).... It took TransferWise 9 days to send it to my GTb account today! (TransferWise asked for a recent PDF copy of my Russian bank account transaction history and my passport). Hurrraayyyy wink wink wink
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lizzyab:
UPDATE:

The experiment worked! I sent my Paypal funds to my Russian account. I then decided to try TransferWise and only sent $20 dollars (as a test, online reviews were frightening me grin ).... It took TransferWise 9 days to send it to my GTb account today! (TransferWise asked for a recent PDF copy of my Russian bank account transaction history and my passport). Hurrraayyyy wink wink wink
You can get a UBA Africard. And withdraw your money from PayPal to it.
It’s a prepaid card

1 Like

Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Lizzyab(f): 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
4601CE:

You can get a UBA Africard. And withdraw your money from PayPal to it.
It’s a prepaid card

Really I will try that and see If it works. Thanks
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
Lizzyab:

Really I will try that and see If it works. Thanks
It works.
Welcome.
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by Tundethejarule(m): 1:03am On Dec 23, 2019
Lizzyab bring PayPal to me
Re: Dual Citizenship (PAYPAL Question) by TSOLAYE1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
You can receive money and it wont be blocked. Don't be scared

(1) (Reply)

Arialaba: All You Need To Know About This New Platform / What You Need To Know About Tax In Nigeria / How Long Does It Take Aliexpress To Deliver To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.