Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? (717 Views)

Basic SEO Tips And Guidelines For Blog In 2022 - Tuplea / Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / Blog For Blog. Site For Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2019
Good day guys, have got a client am working with that owns a blog
Lately, he has been thinking of promoting his blog by doing adverts. He's done facebook advert and a couple of ads too online now he is particular with advertising his blog on newspaper.
Have been trying to discourage him from doing it. I feel it will not bring needed results cos is not online.
Guys is it advisable he should go ahead and advertise his blog in newspaper? Will it bring needed result? Has anyone try to do the same, if yes whats the result like?
Thanks
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 11:42am On Sep 18, 2019
Would appreciate your advise on the best way to publicise a blog. Just recommend any that is effective
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
Wouldn't want this client to waste money without getting any result. base on experience is it better to advertise a blog in a newspaper?
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
It's a pure waste of money.
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by bodmek(f): 5:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
It will waste his money except he is advertising on their online platform. If he advertise on punch, vanguard and the likes, it will profit him. And instead of advertising he could list his blog on their site for a fee, this will help his search engine ranking because such site are authoritative domains.
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks guys. That means I may have to discourage him. Its a risk though, cos he'll only assume am scared to take risk since I don't have any strong example to prove otherwise
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by chiboy441(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Online platform will work, but I remember vanguard personnel asked me to pay 300k for them to include a paragraph containing my link.

I actually rejected the offer as it's expensive. Instead pay pay someone for professional advice.
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
wow...300k? that's outragious!!!
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by bodmek(f): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
300k is outrageous, you can list your blog on some authority domains and build back links
Here's a list of them

DailyTrust.com.ng - N40,000
AuthorityNGR.com - 30,000
TimelyPost.ng - N20,000
MetroDailyng.com - N20,000
PeopleDailyng.com - N20,000
DailyStream.com.ng - N25,000
TheReporters.com.ng N15,000

I hope these helps

1 Like

Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by chiboy441(m): 2:28am On Sep 20, 2019
bodmek:
300k is outrageous, you can list your blog on some authority domains and build back links
Here's a list of them

DailyTrust.com.ng - N40,000
AuthorityNGR.com - 30,000
TimelyPost.ng - N20,000
MetroDailyng.com - N20,000
PeopleDailyng.com - N20,000
DailyStream.com.ng - N25,000
TheReporters.com.ng N15,000

I hope these helps

Let's take example of the two sites DailyStream and TheReporters, they are not even on the Google 1st page, even being search with direct link.

As I have listed on the other thread, we can list site anywhere, but let it be a useful one.

DailyTrust , is there on the front page, with some good amount of rankings ( Recommended).
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 6:17am On Sep 20, 2019
DailyTrust , is there on the front page, with some good amount of rankings ( Recommended). [/quote]

Guess they knew, that's why it's 40k
Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by chiboy441(m): 10:44am On Sep 20, 2019
[quote author=mike2

Guess they knew, that's why it's 40k[/quote]

Well instead of listing blog there with 40k, it's better to use the money for social sharing.

1 Like

Re: Please Guys, What Do You Make Of Newspaper Adz For Blog? by mike272(m): 11:46am On Sep 20, 2019
[quote author=chiboy441 post=82400260][/quote]
How does social sharing work? What's it like?

(1) (Reply)

If You Have Smartphone And A Paypal Account. Come And Earn Free Money / Create Unlimited $350 + 100$ Credit Adwords Accounts And VCC / How To Get Domain Name And Web Hosting For FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.