Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Ben Carson celebrates his 68th Birthday, interview - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ben Carson celebrates his 68th Birthday, interview (272 Views)

COVID-19: David Hargett Is Dead! Ben Bruce's Brother In-Law Dies / Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Ben Carson's Mother Has Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Carson celebrates his 68th Birthday, interview by Naija247blog: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2019
World renowned neurosurgeon and author who gained popularity by being the first man to perform a surgery to separate a siamese twins head, Ben Carson celebrates his 68th year birthday. Benjamin Solomon Carson Sr. who was born on the 18th of September, 1951 has a course to celebrate his birthday as he was earlier interviewed today concerning the wonderful day in his life.

How/where are you celebrating your birthday and with whom?
“I will be celebrating with my lovely wife, Candy, just like I have for the last 47 years.”

How did you get your start in politics?
“I don’t consider myself ‘in politics’ but I have always been interested in what can be done in the political arena to better the lives of the American people. The National Prayer Breakfast in 2013 was an unexpected springboard into the political arena, because the very next day there was an op-ed entitled ‘Ben Carson for President.’ After that, everywhere I went, I was followed with signs that said ‘Run Ben Run’ and so I did. Then, I met the president, and when he was elected and asked me to serve as HUD secretary, I thought about all of the children I had operated on in Baltimore and how I had to send them back to housing that wasn’t safe or healthy. I knew that this would be a way to serve those families and the American people, it has truly been an honor.”

What’s an interesting book/article you’re reading now or you’ve recently finished? And why?
“I am currently reading ‘Coming of Age in the Other America,' by Stefanie DeLuca, who is a sociology professor at Johns Hopkins. The book tells the stories of young black men and women growing up in public housing in Baltimore and the challenges they face in their journey to adolescence and adulthood.”

What’s a trend going on in the U.S. or abroad that doesn’t get enough attention?
“In January 2017, President Trump promised that ‘The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer,’ and I’d say one place where you can absolutely see that is the president’s dedication to ending the homelessness crisis in this country. There are roughly 553,000 Americans currently experiencing homelessness, 35 percent of whom are unsheltered. In this administration’s eyes, these numbers are unacceptable. We currently have nearly $2.4 billion allocated in the 2019 budget to support local housing and service programs aimed at ending homelessness and we plan on exploring opportunities to help local communities combat this crisis.”

How’s the Trump presidency going?
“Thanks to President Trump and his pro-growth economic policies, it truly is ‘morning again’ for ALL Americans. A rising tide floats all boats, and under President Trump, American families are earning higher incomes, paying lower taxes, and are once again enjoying the benefits of a successful economy. Unemployment is at a 50-year low and at historic lows for the African-American and Hispanic communities. Over 6.3 million new jobs have been created and nearly 2.5 million people have been lifted out of poverty. When you look at these statistics, which are not widely reported, it becomes quite difficult to paint a bleak picture of this presidency.”

What’s a fun fact that people in Washington might not know about you?
“My wife and I both grew up in Detroit, but we had to go all the way to New Haven, Conn., to meet, where we bonded over our love for music. The rest is history!”

Source: https://naija247blog.home.blog/2019/09/18/birthday-interview-with-hub-secretary-ben-carson/

1 Share

Re: Ben Carson celebrates his 68th Birthday, interview by drips8(m): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2019
A lot of Americans now criticize him just because he switched to the republican party and supports trump.
Re: Ben Carson celebrates his 68th Birthday, interview by maisauki: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2019
I love watching the film on his biography titled Ben Carson and His Gifted Hands

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Urinary Tract Infections Without Antibiotics? / ODSG Signs Mou To Build 1.1billion Dollars Medical City In Ondo / Hearing Conservation And Protection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.