Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) (32935 Views)

Flooded Owerri, Imo State After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) / Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Crenzywilliams(m): 9:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Homeboiy:

I told you that the mods Will not push this topic to front page if I create it

I wanted to take more pictures of the road and flooded street but was discouraged by the mods attitudes here
That's really not cool, we need stuff like this to be pushed to the front page, stuff like ds can actually make some difference when it gets to front page and generate lots of responses. Well done bru, let's keep doing our part in the little ways we can and just hope and pray that our voices gets heard someday.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Crenzywilliams(m): 9:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Homeboiy:

I told you that the mods Will not push this topic to front page if I create it

I wanted to take more pictures of the road and flooded street but was discouraged by the mods attitudes here
Well it's here now man. Good job.��
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by WetSmoke: 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Make they carry broom sweep the remaining comot. grin

3 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by vanunu: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
The contractor did not add enough bittumen to the asphalt.

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Homeboiy: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Crenzywilliams:

Well it's here now man. Good job.��

Thanks bro
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

Abeg how is rain fall in Benin city lm expected to be there by next week and I hate rain so much
u better don't come.. av been round the country have never seen anywhere it rains worse than Benin city
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by LadySarah: 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lol.Gthe road has layers : cool (
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Yonce(f): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

Abeg how is rain fall in Benin city lm expected to be there by next week and I hate rain so much

September is peak rainy season in Benin.
Thunderstorms are the order of the day.
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by amaniro: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mrpsly247:

u better don't come.. av been round the country have never seen anywhere it rains worse than Benin city

Are you joking? Have you lived in Calabar? It can rain for like a week straightgrin

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Olanipekun1: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
ola33t:
[s]

You again. Your villlage people sef tire for your case.
[/s]
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by amaniro: 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
We are in the season na. Just listen to weather forecast. That should help.

Nigeria's weather dey shock weather forecast sef. Weather changes everytime oh
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by WHITELIGHTER: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
This is ring road today in benin

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by SaintLucia: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
id4sho:
ZOO
Chimpanzee I sight u jare, banana fall on u there.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Today's rain is the worst in my history of benin, I lost some of my goods too sad

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

Are you joking? Have you lived in Calabar? It can rain for like a week straightgrin
come and see 4 urself... hope u planning to stay till DEC so that u can see rain on Xmas day
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by kayusely70(m): 10:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Shoddy job by the 'loyal boys'
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by djoey89: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Almost all the newly constructed roads in benin are disposable roads, use and throw away after days.. the man has lost it. Expended so much time in battle and forgot about governing. Contractors are having filled days.

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by adebaba5: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Crenzywilliams:

I will personally go there to check this out.i won't deny the administration of Gowim Obaseki is trying it's best concerning the rehabilitation if roads and connecting routes in Benin city, but personally I think there's no need in fixing a road that gets bad the very next day, we need to do more supervisor as citizens and good people of this great state, call the attention of the government to stuff like ds. Thanks OP for bringing this to our attention. We need to hold these contractors and engineers more accointable for the jobs they do.
most of the roads are substandard. u don't need to be a professional to know that the quality of the road is really poor. another was also washed away a around Esigie street off MM way.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by LANDLORD72: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Bad job by the contractor he should start all over again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
Homeboiy:
This road was tarred 3 days ago

Location is Apostolic street off igbesanwam street

Aruosa street, U. N. A church road, apostolic street was covered by flood

Some persons properties were destroyed

Location again ...its close to igbesanwam primary school

Please front page cos more than 30 people asked me to create a topic
It rained for like 10hrs heavily today in Benin city

benin na the HQ of rain, no place in Nigeria has more rainfall than benin.
i still love the state though.
thanks for this memories
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
angry Instead make the obaseki man fix/do his work. He's busy fighting/ calling pipu thieves. What do we kal dis?.Imagine 3 days old road don turn to ruined Baghdad.Even maiduguri road the home of Bokos dem nor look like dis.

have you ever being to Edo state? if he the Governor wasn't working, would there have being a road to be destroyed in the first place?
abeg Obaseki is working.
you should follow him on instagram, its work, work, work.

Edo is blessed
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:
Substandard... Substandardgrin

bro really?
do you realise this is less than 72hrs of construction? you don't expect it to be rock solid yet.
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by amaniro: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

bro really?
do you realise this is less than 72hrs of construction? you don't expect it to be rock solid yet.

Substandard project and substandard contractors.

4 Likes

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mrpsly247:

come and see 4 urself... hope u planning to stay till DEC so that u can see rain on Xmas day
that guy nor know beni rain
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by amaniro: 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mrpsly247:

Have you been to calabar?grin
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

bro i have being to calabar and i am benin, bro nowhere in Nigeria has more rainfall than Edo state.
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mrpsly247:

FACT
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by Juliusobi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2019
this is unbelievable is this in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by charlesELIKIBA: 10:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

Hence the reason i am never in the country during this season because my state EDO state is the worst, bro get your umbrellas. it must rain.
i hate rain pass u
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by amaniro: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
charlesELIKIBA:

bro i have being to calabar and i am benin, bro nowhere in Nigeria has more rainfall than Edo state.
ok oh I'm not arguing. All I'm saying is that South South has more rain that any other part of Nigeria
Re: Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos) by ionsman: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
These are the kind of road that dolt constructs in Benin. The only standard road he has done in almost 4 years is TV road. To clear gutters is an issue, flood everywhere. This man is a mistake.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sweden Plans To Deport Any Migrants That Earn Less Than 2,322 Euros Monthly / Woman Survived As Trailer Crushed Their Car Along Ikpoba Slope, Benin City. VID / The Best Passports For Unrestricted Travel Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.