Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) (20331 Views)

Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi Flooded After Rainfall / Lagos Airport Flooded After Heavy Downpour / Ikeja After Rainfall (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:10am On Sep 19, 2019
jayAjoku:
Construction professionals are a joke in this country, they’ll build roads without taking into account The Environmental Impact Analysis, that’s if they even do that . How can you have roads with drainage systems that don’t favor effective redistribution of water? Sha wetin concern me
Those areas have decent gutters, but people often block them with waste products.

Although, rain has been falling heavily for quite some hours.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:13am On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

well i miss Ajimobi's flood management team.. yes he is arrogant

but few months to raining season, his bulldozers are always out to demolish buildings blocking water ways and heavy dredging of rivers and water channels are done

the last time any news of flood was reported in Oyo state was 2011, even as other state battle heavy flooding(you can google to confirm)

Although, I am not a fan of Mskinde, but I saw people clearing gutters and streams just last week all around Ibadan.

It's only that people are quick to block them again with waste.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by TLE900: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2019
[/sup][sup]
OgbanjeProphet:
If this had happened at night when people have slept off,the casualties no go be here.

Natural hazards like this should be prepared for and also managed well to limit damages to the lowest minimum.

God help those affected.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by funmike83(f): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2019
The reason for flood in Ibadan is because Ibadan pple are dirty, all the drainage have been by blocked by dirts. Environmental sanitation is for cleaning your environment and clearing your gutters but you see them on thusdays still sleeping and relaxing . most pple see this day as a free day for them . the pple also have to contribute their quota in the society by cleaning their environments. Ashi bodija of all places was flooded, bodija market too. We need to get things right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by wisdomkid: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Abiboss:
It's start blaming Buhari as usual

Is it flooding or the rain we'll blame?
If one is hungry, who will be blamed the hunger, intestines or the human?

There should be a workable plan on ground to ensure there is channels leading to deep seas in case of issues like this.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by nichol17: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Everything about Abiola stadium, Abiola road is full of problem's, Mr. Abiola's generation should watch out for the nearest future please.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by fergie001: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Although, I am not a fan of Mskinde, but I saw people clearing gutters and streams just last week all around Ibadan.

Hmmmmm .......
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by solmusdesigns: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Iamgrey5:

well rain fall report by NEMA and Nigeria Meterological Agency doesnt indicate any increase rain fall or flood release from cameroun, so waste management and river dredging wasnt intensive enough perhaps due to government change and honeymoon phase
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Abiboss: 11:22am On Sep 19, 2019
wisdomkid:

Is it flooding or the rain we'll blame?
If one is hungry, who will be blamed the hunger, intestines or the human?

There should be a workable plan on ground to ensure there is channels leading to deep seas in case of issues like this.
I don't mean we should blame the government.. All this are mostly cause by inappropriate waste disposal by the people...how on earth will someone with is right sense dispose waste in the drainage or by the road side
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by PureFace1(m): 11:22am On Sep 19, 2019
Deepfeel:
Afonja's will still claim to have the cleanest states in Nigeria undecided

Yes we have the cleanest state in Nigeria
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:26am On Sep 19, 2019
fergie001:

Hmmmmm .......
Yes, I was surprised when I saw a few people digging the streams for water challenged through the drainage system to pass through.

Nonetheless, some people ignorantly still throw waste in gutters hoping rain water will wash them away.

According to my mum, rain has been falling since around 1 in mid night in Ibadan till the time she called which was around 8pm this morning.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by fortran12: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2019
adioolayi:
This is a market ....there is a river behind the market...This is not MKO Abiola road that got flooded but a market behind the palms mall fence along Joyce B junction
I was wondering too. I was looking for the express road in the video.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by fergie001: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Yes, I was surprised when I saw a few people digging the streams for water challenged through the drainage system to pass through.

Nonetheless, some people ignorantly still throw waste in gutters hoping rain water will wash them away.

According to my mum, rain has been falling since around 1 in mid night in Ibadan till the time she called which was around 8pm this morning.
Same in Lagos, same in the East...

Just surprised, you are not a fan of GSM, that's all...except one is a staunch APC member, which is allowed....during my days in IBADAN..I rarely come across someone who don't like him; that is before he became Gov.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by TemmyT002(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2019
Damn
I know this place
MKO Abiola ko, Abacha ni
There is a river close to the place, abi na stream
Water dey enter houses anyhow for that side, no be small.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
cucuzee247:
To some, na Buhari still cause the flood. They left out the part the community has to play, like keeping the drainage free of debris. Government aside, we also need to grown up as citizens...

The Government has like 90% role to play, one of the major responsibilities of the Government is to educate the people on the hazards of blocking drainage systems, Developed countries are developed because 90% of their citizens are well educated that is why they only allow highly intelligent people into their countries, unlike Nigeria, where the quality of education is very poor, in fact, people just go to school for the sake of it, this is why we have more illiterate or uneducated people compared to the educated Nigerians.

Nigeria was built on a very weak foundation and nothing we do now can fix this because of tribalism and religious beliefs won't allow us fix our problems. 1st Oct 1960 still remains a terrible day in the history of Nigeria.

If you doubt what i am saying, try arguing with an illiterate and see who wins?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Mercy2006(f): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2019
funmike83:
The reason for flood in Ibadan is because Ibadan pple are dirty, all the drainage have been by blocked by dirts. Environmental sanitation is for cleaning your environment and clearing your gutters but you see them on thusdays still sleeping and relaxing . most pple see this day as a free day for them . the pple also have to contribute their quota in the society by cleaning their environments. Ashi bodija of all places was flooded, bodija market too. We need to get things right
This picture you have painted is peculiar to almost all States in Nigeria. Nigerians are naturally dirty, they have the culture of pouring dirts inside the gutters when its raining,hence the flooding.
By the grace of God,I av been privileged to tour almost all the states in Nigeria and this is common.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Difrent: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
fergie001:

Same in Lagos, same in the East...

Just surprised, you are not a fan of GSM, that's all...except one is a staunch APC member, which is allowed....during my days in IBADAN..I rarely come across someone who don't like him; that is before he became Gov.

the bolded could be because you were staying in an area where he has a lot of support (which every politician has)
if your assertion was true then he could have scored more than 90% votes during elections

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by fergie001: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
Difrent:

the bolded could be because you were staying in an area where he has a lot of support (which every politician has)
if your assertion was true then he could have scored more than 90% votes during elections
All the same he won...

Yes where I stayed was a place that was strictly anti-APC and that was the UI-Agbowo axis.
Though he is always loved right from his SDP days for his philanthropy...just that the APC and PDP then outmuscled him.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Small080(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
Joyce B ke..... Mo foo oh
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
mdchikezie:
.NIGERIA MY COUNTRY, UNTIL WHEN?

Till thy Kingdom come.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Jaymaestro(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

well i miss Ajimobi's flood management team and his compulsory 1000 a month waste disposal fees enforced on markets and business premises with heavy waste.. yes he is arrogant

but few months to raining season, his bulldozers are always out to demolish buildings blocking water ways and heavy dredging of rivers and water channels are done .. he doesnt care whose building it is he demolishes

the last time any news of flood was reported in Oyo state was 2011, even as other state battle heavy flooding(you can google to confirm)

He is arrogant but he changed the city.
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by solmusdesigns: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2019
Jaymaestro:

He is arrogant but he changed the city.

No doubt..,

but extremely Arrogant
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
PureFace1:

Yes we have the cleanest state in Nigeria
Keep dreaming in ur mud house
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Orpe7(m): 6:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
When dem go dey pour refuse inside gutter when rain fall
Awon wereey
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Carlyboi(m): 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
E be like say some ppl send una in Ibadan negative pr on this Nairaland cos na everyday u dey See something talk bout Ibadan!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by PureFace1(m): 5:16am On Sep 20, 2019
Deepfeel:

Keep dreaming in ur mud house

At least I have mud house, what about you that is without house?

The whole South East is not bigger than Oyo State but you still have forest and Villages everywhere because you are too poor to build houses

You call yourselves developers but you have been struggling to develop your region that is not even bigger than Oyo State in South West

The Joke is on you guys
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2019
PureFace1:

At least I have mud house, what about you that is without house?

The whole South East is not bigger than Oyo State but you still have forest and Villages everywhere because you are too poor to build houses

You call yourselves developers but you have been struggling to develop your region that is not even bigger than Oyo State in South West

The Joke is on you guys

Lol typical afonja that has never traveled out of Oyo state speaking, oyo Ibadan big for nothing city full of sh*t
During Biafran war every structure in the East was destroyed we single handedly rebuilt it, come to the east and see how beautiful it is, you will be ashamed of the west region that never experienced civil war living in mud houses , our villages are like towns in the West, it is a law for every Igbo man to have a well built house in his village before getting married, Yorubas inherit mud houses from their parents and live with their grandparents under one muddy roof house
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by PureFace1(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2019
Deepfeel:

Lol typical afonja that has never traveled out of Oyo state speaking, oyo Ibadan big for nothing city full of sh*t
During Biafran war every structure in the East was destroyed we single handedly rebuilt it, come to the east and see how beautiful it is, you will be ashamed of the west region that never experienced civil war living in mud houses , our villages are like towns in the West, it is a law for every Igbo man to have a well built house in his village before getting married, Yorubas inherit mud houses from their parents and live with their grandparents under one muddy roof house

Lol I have been to the East and I Know what I am saying

I served in the East and the East is still the Toilet full of shit

You guys think you can use the fact that Yoruba don't travel to your region to circulate propaganda

The only place with some things in all your states is the Capital and the Capital is still even a shithole, you still have hut houses with raffia roofs in this century in your region and there are still as much mud houses and brown roofs In your region.

What are you building lol?

Your whole region is not even bigger than Oyo State and that is what you have been building shamelessly for more than 50 years with the allocation and resources and with all your building you still can't wait to evacuate it to other place in the country or outside the country.

This is South East below with as much brown roofs I even saw hut houses in your region

Keep deceiving yourself, the joke is on you

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2019
PureFace1:

Lol I have been to the East and I Know what I am saying

I served in the East and the East is still the Toilet full of shit

You guys think you can use the fact that Yoruba don't travel to your region to circulate propaganda

The only place with some things in all your states is the Capital and the Capital is still even a shithole, you still have hut houses with raffia roofs in this century in your region and there are still as much mud houses and brown roofs In your region.

What are you building lol?

Your whole region is not even bigger than Oyo State and that is what you have been building shamelessly and with all your building you still can't wait to evacuate it to other place in the country or outside the country.

Keep deceiving yourself, the joke is on you

Afonja keep deceiving yourself thinking those brown roof mud houses you have in ur overpopulated sh*thole is better than the east, both the North and the West is an eyesore overpopulated with shattered poor houses collapsing everyday

I repeat our region is more beautiful our villages are like towns in your regions, we have well built fance mansion in our villages with electricity while there in the West, is muddy houses with rusted leaking roofs that are 80 to 100 yrs old, keep consoling yourself
Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by PureFace1(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2019
Deepfeel:

Afonja keep deceiving yourself thinking those brown roof mud houses you have in ur overpopulated sh*thole is better than the east, both the North and the West is an eyesore overpopulated with shattered poor houses collapsing everyday

I repeat our region is more beautiful our villages are like towns in your regions, we have well built fance mansion in our villages with electricity while there in the West, is muddy houses with rusted leaking roofs that are 80 to 100 yrs old, keep consoling yourself

Lol are you talking about the same East I have been to?

The same East everyone can't wait to evacuate from to other places in the Country or Outside the country?

I can see your mansions below lol grin

Re: MKO Abiola Road Ibadan Flooded After 3-Hour Rainfall (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2019
PureFace1:

Lol are you talking about the same East I have been to?

The same East everyone can't wait to evacuate from to other places in the Country or Outside the country?

I can see your mansions below lol grin

Afonja keep showing me pictures of your region tagging it east, this houses are the best buildings in the west

(1) (2) (Reply)

Godwin Sule: Bauchi Poly Lecturer Dies In Auto Crash (Photos) / Container Trailer Kills An Okada Rider In Mushin (Graphic Photo) / Ghana To Deport 54 Nigerians For Illegal Entry, Vows To Secure Borders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.