Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,257 members, 7,846,179 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign (4089 Views)

Pressure Mounts On APC To Disqualify Obaseki From Guber Race - Thisday Newspaper / Pressure Mounts On Apostle Suleman & Sheikh Gumi To Contest 2023 Presidency / PDP: Trouble Looms As Pressure Mounts On Ekweremadu To Quit - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Oksman(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2019
FarahAideed:
He should not resign but stay there and fight like Atiku

Exactly that's my my take in all these political manoeuvres'! Throwing-in the towel at this time would be political harakiri. But in all these I think it's really bad to treat the VP this way. His Loyalty may not be enough after all.

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Owamudia: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2019
Earthquake1:

Sowore is still in prison, Osibanjo is being humiliated

No be Afonja again grin

ElZakzaky and Dasuki are still in prison.

GEJ was humiliated by Turai YarAdua, of all people.

Nothing new. Yoruba will never lose. Let's watch!
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by OC831: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2019
That is exactly what they want and they wont get it, he's not going anywhere because if he does then we can as well sell Nigeria and her inhabitants as we are doomed. This is the only man with enough balls to act without the influence of any cabal.

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by TeeMoney99: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2019
Fake news alert!!. There is no single pressure on Osinbajo to resign and he's not resigning. We know some people are eyeing 2023 already. But no amount of fake news can cause a rift between Osinbajo and Buhari. The EAC and ENT had completely different roles but all was reporting to the President. The Vice President also still very much presides over NEC. What has Fowler got to do with Osinbajo. A memo was sent to Fowler and he responded. How is it Osinbajo's business. Y'all should calm down and farabale.

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by maybanks: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2019
If Osinbajo's growing popularity is giving some folks High blood pressure be it within or outside the Presidency. there is a close transformer for them to hug. As far as the Nigerian people are concerned he is going no where. infact he is the next president we are waiting to have come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Arubajagz: 9:47am On Sep 19, 2019
All this sidetalk drama changes nothing. They want us to believe that the VP used to act unilaterally all this while, but that is totally false. This has really been an interesting week. With all that the fake news herdsmedia would have us believe, the VP is still holding the National Economic Council meeting today. Now does that sound like someone that has been 'stripped of his powers'?

Who is afraid of the continued rise of the VP, that is what any sane mind should be asking. Definitely not his boss, who openly praises the intelligence of the man that the masses love as the most active VP in the history of Nigeria.
This is high stakes politics, and we know it is not a game played by angels and saints. Propaganda will always fly around.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Peappy49(f): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2019
I wonder where people are getting all these fake news from
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by leeport: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2019
In the VP's words - farabale the best is yet to come.

I wonder why you think pressure is on him to resign.

This man is committed to serving the nation and we all should support him
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Laghondi2008: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2019
[There is no such news of the VP to resign, This is obviously misleading and aims only to plant seeds of discord in the Presidency while attempting to create unnecessary national hysteria.uote author=nairavsdollars post=82365099]Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

There is intense pressure on Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to resign his position with immediate effect, Daily Independent has exclusively gathered.

Sources close to the vice president said since the latest developments in the presidency started, he has received calls from his mentors and loyalists within the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to quit his position if he realises “the current developments in the presidency are attempts to humiliate him”.

“Since these developments started, a lot of concerned Nigerians have expressed their concern that the vice president should resign in order to avoid further humiliation. I think that is the intention of those behind the plot too. They want to frustrate him into quitting but I don’t think he (Osinbajo) will do that, at least not for now”, a credible source in the presidency said.

Trouble began last month when the Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, issued a memo to Babatunde Fowler, chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), requesting him to account for significant variances in the budgeted collections and actual collections by the agency.

Though Fowler, who is a long standing associate of Osinbajo, replied the memo, many believed it was attempt by the presidency not to renew his term.

Also, President Muhammadu Buhari directed his new ministers to channel all requests for meetings with him through his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari. Many Nigerians kicked against the move, saying that should have been delegated to Osinbajo, who is the number two man in the government.

On Monday, President Buhari dissolved the Economic Management Team (EMT) headed by Osinbajo and raised another, the Economic Advisory Council (EAC).

The new EAC, which reports directly to the president, will be chaired by an economist, Prof. Doyin Salami.

While Osinbajo has no role in the new economic team, it was also gathered that he may no longer be in charge of the Social Investment Programmes (SIPs) of the current administration, as the TraderMoni and other SIPs will now be handled by the new Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.

Another presidency source also confirmed that the staff of the vice president will be reduced in the days ahead “in a cost cutting measure”.

A lot of political analysts have said the latest move is targeted at whittling Osinbajo’s powers ahead of the 2023 presidential election as the cabal in the presidency is scheming towards retaining power in the North after President Buhari may have completed his eight years rule.

However, the presidency has kept mum on the issue and efforts made to speak with media aides of the president and some leaders of the APC proved abortive as they declined to speak on the matter.

Speaking on the latest developments, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), said the setting up of the Economic Advisory team will not in any way reduce Osinbajo’s powers.

“Honestly, I don’t see the development in that light. There should be an independent Economic Management team who are economic advisers to the president, it has always been like that. What Osinbajo is doing, his job under the constitution, is chairman of National Economic Council which involves all the governors of the states.

“This new one that was established is to ensure that there is no lacuna. This one is a policy-framing body, they frame policy and recommend to the government. I think that will not affect Osinbajo’s day-to-day responsibilities as head of the Nigerian Economic Council which has a lot of work on implementing policies at the federal and state level.

“My view is that this new group will strengthen Nigeria’s economic power house and capacity to meet our national challenges. It does not remove anything from Osinbajo. He still retains all his constitutional authorities as the chairman of his economic body”, Sagay said.

On his part, Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic lawmaker, said while there is no rift between Osinbajo and Buhari, loyalists of the vice president should desist from raising false alarm where there is none.

“Osinbajo has performed for the country and for Buhari because of the president’s physical infirmity since he became president. Osinbajo could not have carried out those roles without the permission and authority of the president, his boss. If there is anything wrong in the course of doing his job, it is the responsibility of the president and not the media to call him to order.

“If the two most important people in the country have a problem between themselves which I don’t believe they have, it is the duty of the party to resolve any issues they have. But of course, I am aware that some people who claim to be close to Osinbajo are busy raising false alarm which does not exists,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/pressure-mounts-on-osinbajo-to-resign/

[/quote]
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Peappy49(f): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2019
Resign from where. Fake news
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by budaatum: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by demitola(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2019
There is nothing we will not see or read on this Nairaland! What kind of pressure are you reporting about?
The same man that sat side by side with Mr President yesterday to preside over the FEC meeting is suddenly being pressured to resign? The same man that will also preside over the NEC meeting today is being today? Who are these "invincible cabals"? Tell us their names. Herdsmedia seriously at work here!

Pictures below: Prof Osinbajo at FEC yesterday

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Omotolatolulope(f): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Osinbajo is really a threat to them and will continue to be. Bad news for them is that he isn't going anywhere and will be there to deliver his constitutional duties!
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Laghondi2008: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2019
There is no such news of the VP to resign, This is obviously misleading and aims only to plant seeds of discord in the Presidency while attempting to create unnecessary national hysteria between the president and the VP.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Thormiwah(m): 9:56am On Sep 19, 2019
I think this is the 5 time in this administration that they will try to get his resignation, tueh it won't do
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Davidic101: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Why did you waste your time to write this? It's all trash . Find something better to write about. The vp remains strong. His agencies are still under him and he still controls the SIP's.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by okefranci: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2019
There is no amount of pressure can make our VP Osinbajo to resign his post because he has been doing well for the past four years and I'm optimistic that he will still do well so as a leader he needs to express all those things but that can't way him down
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Laghondi2008: 10:00am On Sep 19, 2019
There is no such news of the VP to resign, This is obviously misleading and aims only to plant seeds of discord in the Presidency while attempting to create unnecessary national hysteria between the president and VP.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Zeemam: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2019
If he doesn't resign, you people should go and drag him out of his office, Nigerians are ungrateful. This man is working tirelessly to make Nigeria great and you people are out there peddling gibberish. Osinbajo will succeed and Almighty will reward him for all he has been doing. MyOsinbajo c
ares
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by hisexcellency34: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2019
His hands are not clean. If he attempts to fight back, they will rubbish him. Do you know how much Osinbajo spent in Ogun to dislodge Amosun?

FarahAideed:
He should not resign but stay there and fight like Atiku

1 Like

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Adex2bash: 10:02am On Sep 19, 2019
This is to draw the attention of well meaning Nigerians to the lies that is making round the country from the camp of those who have chosen to always spread fake news, falsehood and deception about the personality of Osinbajo that he has resigned from being the vice president of Nigeria to not worry themselves neither pay attention to there saying as it is a blatant lie. Osinbajo did not resign, he still remain active vice president of Nigeria neither did he tired of being serving the good people of Nigeria thanks and God bless
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Yellowface1220(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2019
Disgraced will be to all of you that be mocking the VP @Prof Osinbajo because I know he's always a winner, the winner he shall been....
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Lifted2000: 10:11am On Sep 19, 2019
hahahahahahahahahahahaha, anyhow you just want to make fame by hook and crook.
You sat down to cook a bad meal to feed the filthy and feeble minds. Joining the bandwagon of "let me part of those that made up a story about Osinbajo".

Stop lighting up flames in a flowing river and on a immovable rock. In simple terms, Osinbajo is not pressured to resign and so engrossed with his constitutional prerogative as the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger (GCON)
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Dobb: 10:18am On Sep 19, 2019
Why do Nigerians just think one way. So let me share my own thinking. So all of a sudden, the cabals want to frustrate Osinbajo and they want him to leave.
Secondly, why the sudden urgency to frustrate him now? These cabals know that there will be opportunities of Osinbajo becoming Acting president and they are worried about what he can do. Osinbajo can make drastic decisions like he did when he appointed Onnoghen and Matthew Seiyefa who are both Christians and are southerners.
We must also remember that Osinbajo is the Vice President and Vices in schools, organizations and even churches don’t have the ability to do much. Most times you cannot see what they do because they are so limited in power. If you want to know their capacity, give them the opportunity and you will know and we can see what Osinbajo did while being acting President.
We keep attacking Osinbajo that he does nothing, he is an errand boy. If he has been a good errand boy and he has been doing their bidding, why do they want to frustrate him out. He must be opposing them one way or the other. Left to me, I would say he is playing the politics game very well. To us he is doing nothing, but he is obviously frustrating the cabals and the only way to frustrate them is by fighting for the people.
I will say he should stay there. Whatever the cabals are planning, we won’t give it to them.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Yellowface1220(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Fake News Please disregard..
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by hisexcellency34: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2019
E go soon clear for una eyes. When newspapers said Ambode will be denied second term, didnt foolish peuple like you said its rubbish?

Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by hysteriabox(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

There is intense pressure on Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to resign his position with immediate effect, Daily Independent has exclusively gathered.

Sources close to the vice president said since the latest developments in the presidency started, he has received calls from his mentors and loyalists within the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to quit his position if he realises “the current developments in the presidency are attempts to humiliate him”.

“Since these developments started, a lot of concerned Nigerians have expressed their concern that the vice president should resign in order to avoid further humiliation. I think that is the intention of those behind the plot too. They want to frustrate him into quitting but I don’t think he (Osinbajo) will do that, at least not for now”, a credible source in the presidency said.

Trouble began last month when the Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, issued a memo to Babatunde Fowler, chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), requesting him to account for significant variances in the budgeted collections and actual collections by the agency.

Though Fowler, who is a long standing associate of Osinbajo, replied the memo, many believed it was attempt by the presidency not to renew his term.

Also, President Muhammadu Buhari directed his new ministers to channel all requests for meetings with him through his Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari. Many Nigerians kicked against the move, saying that should have been delegated to Osinbajo, who is the number two man in the government.

On Monday, President Buhari dissolved the Economic Management Team (EMT) headed by Osinbajo and raised another, the Economic Advisory Council (EAC).

The new EAC, which reports directly to the president, will be chaired by an economist, Prof. Doyin Salami.

While Osinbajo has no role in the new economic team, it was also gathered that he may no longer be in charge of the Social Investment Programmes (SIPs) of the current administration, as the TraderMoni and other SIPs will now be handled by the new Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs.

Another presidency source also confirmed that the staff of the vice president will be reduced in the days ahead “in a cost cutting measure”.

A lot of political analysts have said the latest move is targeted at whittling Osinbajo’s powers ahead of the 2023 presidential election as the cabal in the presidency is scheming towards retaining power in the North after President Buhari may have completed his eight years rule.

However, the presidency has kept mum on the issue and efforts made to speak with media aides of the president and some leaders of the APC proved abortive as they declined to speak on the matter.

Speaking on the latest developments, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), said the setting up of the Economic Advisory team will not in any way reduce Osinbajo’s powers.

“Honestly, I don’t see the development in that light. There should be an independent Economic Management team who are economic advisers to the president, it has always been like that. What Osinbajo is doing, his job under the constitution, is chairman of National Economic Council which involves all the governors of the states.

“This new one that was established is to ensure that there is no lacuna. This one is a policy-framing body, they frame policy and recommend to the government. I think that will not affect Osinbajo’s day-to-day responsibilities as head of the Nigerian Economic Council which has a lot of work on implementing policies at the federal and state level.

“My view is that this new group will strengthen Nigeria’s economic power house and capacity to meet our national challenges. It does not remove anything from Osinbajo. He still retains all his constitutional authorities as the chairman of his economic body”, Sagay said.

On his part, Junaid Mohammed, a Second Republic lawmaker, said while there is no rift between Osinbajo and Buhari, loyalists of the vice president should desist from raising false alarm where there is none.

“Osinbajo has performed for the country and for Buhari because of the president’s physical infirmity since he became president. Osinbajo could not have carried out those roles without the permission and authority of the president, his boss. If there is anything wrong in the course of doing his job, it is the responsibility of the president and not the media to call him to order.

“If the two most important people in the country have a problem between themselves which I don’t believe they have, it is the duty of the party to resolve any issues they have. But of course, I am aware that some people who claim to be close to Osinbajo are busy raising false alarm which does not exists,” he said.

The plot is simple (assuming there is any) :
Frustrate him to resignation... After which bubu will appoint Ahmed Tinubu as VP, all in a bid for a successful 2023 run for the latter.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by brightsbella(m): 10:40am On Sep 19, 2019
This news is really disgusting. What does it profit you to parade fake news. Very fake!!!
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Joylove2324(f): 10:41am On Sep 19, 2019
Nothing like resigning, Osinbajo is a man of the people and no amount of pressure can make him do such...Osinbajo for president
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Ritchiee: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Dumb paper....Independent tabloid is always against SW.
Did Atiku resign when Obasanjo was all over him.?Resigning when you are the VP because of mere trivialities like agencies or whatever under him taken away?
Atiku went through hell,he did not resign.The best is not to resign.
Re: Pressure Mounts On Osinbajo To Resign by Joylove2324(f): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2019
There is nothing like resigned anywhere, Osinbajo will become our president come 2023 and nothing anybody can do about it������

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Igbos Will Suffer Under Buhari-online Yorubas / Obaseki Host President Gej At Osadebe House Benin-photo / Yet Another Knock For Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.