Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Urgent Help Abeg. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Help Abeg. (1169 Views)

Help Me Wish My Guy Journey Mercy Abeg (he Needs Our Prayers) / Abeg, Anyone Taken Nigerian Food Product Into The United States Before? / Nigerian Visa Urgent Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Abeg. by rockchic: 12:46pm On Oct 31, 2010
hi, everyone. please i need advice. i have an interview at the embassy soon.

i am going to the US for a conference (since i recently got two weeks leave from my office). the conference is just for four days, after which i intend to go and visit my fiance's sisters for 10 days.

what documents do i need for this interview? please reply asap. the interview is in 7 days. thanks
Edit/Delete Message
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by Vicjustice: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2010
rockchic:

hi, everyone. please i need advice. i have an interview at the embassy soon.

i am going to the US for a conference (since i recently got two weeks leave from my office). the conference is just for four days, after which i intend to go and visit my fiance's sisters for 10 days.

what documents do i need for this interview? please reply asap. the interview is in 7 days. thanks
Edit/Delete Message
   What do you mean by documents for interview?
   By the way, what documents did you submit to support your application?
   Also, give us more details regarding your intended trip and conference:
Who is sending or inviting you, what are you representing?
   Give as much information as you can give so we may assist.
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by rockchic: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
Vicjustice:

What do you mean by documents for interview?
   By the way, what documents did you submit to support your application?
   Also, give us more details regarding your intended trip and conference:
Who is sending or inviting you, what are you representing?
   Give as much information as you can give so we may assist.

Documents like things the consulate officer might ask me.

I am a med dr, so the conference is related to my field. it will last for five days. After the conference, i want to travel to another state in the US to visit my fiance's sisters.I will stay with them for ten days then return back. sponsor is my mother.
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by rockchic: 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
also how many days booking do i need for the conference?
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by Vicjustice: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2010
rockchic:

Documents like things the consulate officer might ask me.
   As part of visa application process, you must have submitted every needed document to support same, so, it's unlikely that the visa officer would ask for more documents except if you have to support claims with it or, you're required to make verification with such.

rockchic:

I am a med dr, so the conference is related to my field. it will last for five days. After the conference
   If you're a medical Doctor, then, the conference orginisers or your board of directors should cover you, then, why worry about the documents to present?

rockchic:

After the conference, i want to travel to another state in the US to visit my fiance's sisters.I will stay with them for ten days then return back. sponsor is my mother.
   Are you a genuine medical Doctor? If so, how come your own mother is the one sponsoring you, what happened to your medical board? Are you sure it's not your plan to run away and hide under your fiance's sister?

rockchic:

also how many days booking do i need for the conference?
   Why the question about how many days booking you need if really you're a genuine Doctor going on a conference? You should know how many days your confrence would last and so on

Anyway, goodluck with your pursuit, but i think you should have asked for other advice, ie, hints on how to beat the visa officer instead of this lame attempt to fool us as though we're the deciding officers.
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by rockchic: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2010
Vicjustice:

As part of visa application process, you must have submitted every needed document to support same, so, it's unlikely that the visa officer would ask for more documents except if you have to support claims with it or, you're required to verify such.
   If you're a medical Doctor, then, the conference orginisers or your board of directors should cover you, then, why worry about the documents to present?
   Are you a genuine medical Doctor? If so, how come your own mother is the one sponsoring you, what happened to your medical board? Are you sure it's not your plan to run away and hide under your fiance's sister?
   Why the question about how many days booking you need if really you're a genuine Doctor going on a conference? You should know how many days your confrence would last and so on

Anyway, goodluck with your pursuit, but i think you should have asked for other advice, ie, hints on how to beat the visa officer instead of this lame attempt to fool us as though we're the deciding officers.
Oga no need for insult oh, biko. I didn't submit any documents when filling my application. By documents i mean bank statements, letter of invitation from my future sister inlaw etc. Actually i dont know if i need her tax and all that, since i am staying in her house, but she isnt the one sponsoring the visit. i already have my mothers bank details and her tax. Secondly, my organization is not paying for the conference because they DID NOT send me for the conference. I am going on my own accord, so i can add it to my CV and also broaden my knowledge in my field.
Thirdly, yes i am a doctor. Which medical board infact, which board in Naija sponsors individuals to travel? does Nigerian Bar association sponsor lawyers to travel? How much do you think doctors in naija earn, that i would have saved up enough to pay for the journey and my two week stay on my own?

Lastly, my conference is four days, but i only booked one day, as i couldnt get a space in the hotel where the conference is taking place, so i got another one nearby but plan to change if space comes up.

Please there is no need for insults abeg. thanks
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by Vicjustice: 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2010
rockchic:

Oga no need for insult oh, biko. I didn't submit any documents when filling my application. By documents i mean bank statements, letter of invitation from my future sister inlaw etc. Actually i dont know if i need her tax and all that, since i am staying in her house, but she isnt the one sponsoring the visit. i already have my mothers bank details and her tax. Secondly, my organization is not paying for the conference because they DID NOT send me for the conference. I am going on my own accord, so i can add it to my CV and also broaden my knowledge in my field.
Thirdly, yes i am a doctor. Which medical board infact, which board in Naija sponsors individuals to travel? does Nigerian Bar association sponsor lawyers to travel? How much do you think doctors in naija earn, that i would have saved up enough to pay for the journey and my two week stay on my own?

Lastly, my conference is four days, but i only booked one day, as i couldnt get a space in the hotel where the conference is taking place, so i got another one nearby but plan to change if space comes up.

My sincere apology if you feel insulted, i didn't mean to offend you; you see, experience has tought us not to just trust anyone except proven beyond doubt. Sorry about that.
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by funkybaby(f): 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2010
rockchic:

Which medical board infact, which board in Naija sponsors individuals to travel? does Nigerian Bar association sponsor lawyers to travel?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

biko, help us ask him.

rockchic:

Oga no need for insult oh, biko.

grin grin grin grin grin

and to think that the Arrow called vicjustice accuses me of insulting other posters
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by funkybaby(f): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
Vicjustice:

My sincere apology if you feel insulted, i didn't mean to offend you; you see, experience has tought us not to just trust anyone except proven beyond doubt. Sorry about that.

grin grin grin
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by Vicjustice: 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2010
rockchic:

. . . Which medical board infact, which board in Naija sponsors individuals to travel? does Nigerian Bar association sponsor lawyers to travel? How much do you think doctors in naija earn, that i would have saved up enough to pay for the journey and my two week stay on my own?
Actually, Medical board/society or even hospitals as well NBA can send their staff or representatives to a conference oversea. But thanks for your explanation, i now understand that you're going to the conference on your own.
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by Maverick05: 11:05am On Nov 03, 2010
@VicJustice, abeg help on this thread (Re: Tourist Visa To New York For 2weeks)
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by suxes2005(m): 11:16am On Nov 03, 2010
@Poster, well if truly you are a Dr. then u must be ready
to submit your personal statement of account,

As per your sister in law, its either you fill another form
stating you want to go and meet her or remove her
name from your application and state that you are going
for conference

USA embassy wont give u less dan 3 months I guess
so u could go meet your sister after the conference.

If its ur mum dt wud sponsor, that means you are a fresh graduate
going for knowledge. Its somehow bro.
Which hospital do u work with?

SHALOM
Re: Urgent Help Abeg. by MOG2009: 1:00am On Nov 04, 2010
@Poster.

Thanks for letting us know your urgent concern. While reading your post, I will like to point an issue that I think you should first addressed.

Firstly, You need to establish the purpose of your trip either is for visit, vacation or as tourist etc. I noticed you kind of confused or you had  multiple locations ( conference and visits to sister in law).

Secondly,   you've got  good chances of getting a B1/B2 visit because of your profession (Med Student) and also the conference is related to your field of study or area of specialization. For further info on the likely visa type, see the following link, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-460440.0.html

However, the US Embassy doesn't believe in paper work outside their country that they can't verify. Rather they somethings base their judgement on their skilled interviews conducted by consulars through  questions and answers section. I will advised you to have these following documents available such as hotel reservation for five days as conference attendee( tourist catergory), Med School I.d, letter of leave/vacation or from Med school stating you as a student, letter of sponsorship from your mother ( notorized this letter).

(1) (Reply)

Be In South Africa For Christmas / Canada Visa Application Status / Was Denied Entry Into The US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.