Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,400 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala (23043 Views)

Cameroonian Woman’s 3 Children Die After Eating The Poisoned Food She Prepared / Man Kills His Mother, Two Children With Cutlass In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Man Caught With Human Hands In Ekiti After Robbers Wrote Letter To Residents.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Opaline: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
sunnychibs:
Village people at it again.

NPF should get to the root the matter ASAP

This is not really a village people something! It depends on how and where the processed flour was made and kept. Some people actually add some preservatives which sometimes turns out to be poisonous.. A friend of mine and his family nearly died after the mum bought okpa flour from the market. Thank God their father wasn't around and so he didn't partake in the meal. He was the one who rushed them to the hospital if not, they would all have died... Its just a clear picture of the so called preservatives used in the flour.

God go sha save us...

2 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
Are u sure they didn't use sniper as the insecticide?

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by RexTramadol1: 7:30pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is serious

Amala Dudu
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Royalfurnitures: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Sad news, May their souls RIP

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by baby124: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
It’s poison. It’s not Amala. Amala dudu is made from yam! Nigerian police is so lazy. They should be looking for a killer or maybe it was suicide carried out by the mother.

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by oluadeez: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:
There is no mystery to their deaths.
When amala flour is not properly processed, it carries within it a substance capable of producing cyanide.
The way they died, as well as other indicators, point to only one thing.
Cyanide poisoning.
cyanide no be a poison wey dey react quick, it will unless der were mixture of phostocin Poison powder with the flour. R I P
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by OlawaleBammie: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
sunnychibs:
Village people at it again.

NPF should get to the root the matter ASAP

Wat are u sayin oga?? soo police can investigation village people at their coven abi??

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Ooye12: 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2019
Amala Beaham shocked
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by femi4: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:
When amala flour is not properly processed, it carries within it a substance capable of producing cyanide.
Cyanide poisoning.
wrong
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by AmuDimpka: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
Even the food brownish color looks terrible ....

Why do people eat that stuff
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by LadySarah: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Very ugly looking something.
Sorry to My Yoruba countrypeople grin grin
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Onyeka8: 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
May they RIP Amen.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by ValCon888: 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
AreaFada2:

They or whoever processed it probably added cassava. Most cassava breeds have high HCN levels. Very poisonous.
Thank you bro. That was the part that confused me. I know yam has no toxicity levels. I suspected cassava was added to the mix and your comment reinforces my belief. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Menance: 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
Kill me grin grin
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Joystark(f): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
E come be today when I dey plan to chop proper Amala for the first time? shocked
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Palehair: 8:23pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is a case of cyanide poisoning, it happened to my dad, thank God he reacted to it early
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by laivwire(m): 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Reminds me of a family whose father stored Atrazine (a white powdery toxic herbicide) in the store. In his absence, the family wanted to make Amala but yam flour wasn’t enough, the children remembered Daddy kept ‘some’ in the store, went for it and added it to the pot to make the Amala sufficient.

Well, they all had to be rushed to the hospital save for the father who met them in a critical condition.

Lets be safe y’all
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Abuloma80(f): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
tat123:
A 45-year-old mother and her two children have died after consuming suspected poisonous yam flour otherwise known as 'Amala' in Odo-Ayedun Ekiti in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State

The eldest of the children was 14 while the younger one was 12. It was gathered that yam flour, which they consumed, was procured by the husband and prepared by the mother of two. All members of the family who ate the meal were found lifeless after dinner, except the father who is in a critical state at the Federal Teaching Hospital in Ido Ekiti.

Two dogs that reportedly ate crumbs of the food, were also found dead in the apartment. Lawmaker representing Ikole constituency II at the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Adeoye Aribasoye, confirmed the tragedy to newsmen on Thursday in Ado Ekiti.

Aribasoye had raised the issue at the plenary of the House where he called for sympathy and investigation into the matter. Recounting the sordid scenario to newsmen, he said: “A great tragedy occurred at Odo Ayedun Ekiti on Saturday. it was a mournful day for us as a family of three died mysteriously.

Speaker of Ekiti Assembly Funminiyi Afuye sympathised with Aribasoye and the entire people of his constituency for the tragic incident. He, however, directed the House Committee on health to launch investigation into the matter with a view to unravelling the causes of the mysterious incident. When contacted, the police public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu confirmed the incident. He said the police will join hands with other institutions to investigate the cause of the deaths.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/mother-two-children-die-after-eating.html

RIP to the deceased and get well soon to the father.
Just looking at the colour of that food should tell one that it's loaded with poison. As white as yam is, yet amala is this dark and black. What else could make white to be dark other than bacteria, fungi and other poisonous substances? So over to amala eaters. Be warned and have a rethink on this your ancestors delicacy. This is a 21st century, there are a 1000 and one substitutes and a 1000 ways of making a healthy amala flour.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Ademoore07(m): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:
Cyanide poisoning.
Get my point clear. No matter how u prepare yam flour, it can never be poisonous. Some species of yam tuber(chinese yam) can be poisonous when processed with heat which leads to GIT disorder but wont generate cyanide. U need to have a knowledge of cyanide chemistry b4 u can come to such conclusion. I know of a root tuber plant called bitter cassava (Manihot utilisima) very rich in cyanide that was why it is called so and very poisonous.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Ademoore07(m): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2019
oluadeez:
cyanide no be a poison wey dey react quick, it will unless der were mixture of phostocin Poison powder with the flour. R I P
Oga, cyanide is very poisonous even without addition of phostocin. The specie of yam used is what makes it poisonous. Have u heard of bitter cassava? Why was is not found in nigeria? It is because of its high cyanide content.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by solz007(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
May Their Souls Rest In Peace Amen!

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by chinchum(m): 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:
Cyanide poisoning.
Amala and cyanide.....

Amala (yam flour Elubo) is made from Yam and sometimes unripe plantain. Cyanide is extracted in processing Cassava to make Garri. I have a feeling you are mixing Garri and Yam flour. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Mercy2006(f): 9:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
LadySarah:
Very ugly looking something.
Sorry to My Yoruba countrypeople grin grin
Maybe you should be saying sorry to many of your people who can't do without it too grin grin
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Hugo7(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2019
Food poisoning....most likely during the processing..i pray the man lives so he can give more details, which can help save lives.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thoughts and prayers with their loved ones so sad
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by hopefulLandlord: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:

Proof?
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by nicepoker101(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
Very dirty food.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by oloriLFC(f): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
solmusdesigns:
embarassed

Na wa, and na amala con dey hungry me tonight

I just ate mine o. I will wake up tomorrow sha
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by oloriLFC(f): 10:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
nicepoker101:
Very dirty food.
How can you call what people relish "dirty"? The looks might not be fascinating but we from the the South West enjoy it. Tenkiu
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by nicepoker101(m): 10:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
oloriLFC:
How can you call what people relish "dirty"? The looks might not be fascinating but we from the the South West enjoy it. Tenkiu
That food is extremely dirty especially that black one.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by imagrg(m): 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2019
May God rest their souls!
Anyway, the hustle continues.
See best and fastest paying survey site in my signature below.
It's global..no VPN required.
Good bless your hustle!
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Mercy2006(f): 11:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
oloriLFC:
My dear,pls people like the person you quoted aren't worth it
.Just ignore them.
They are always saying something negative about the yorubas
If it's not the food,it's the dressing or how they are 'superior' and God knows what else
.To think that many of their people actually like it more than someone like me

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor & 2 Church Members In Plateau State(photos) / Ex-lawmaker Gets Seven-year Jail For Drug Trafficking / Drama Between A Police Officer And A Man Who Refused To Settle Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.