Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,352 members, 7,822,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars (1272 Views)

A Trip To The Moon: Photos Of How They Assembled Apollo II (NASA). / A One-way Ticket To Mars, Apply Now / Female Figure Found On Mars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by denitro(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2010
NASA is looking for volunteers to fly to Mars - the snag is that you won't come back.
It is actively investigating the possibility of humans colonising worlds such as the Red Planet.
The settlers would be sent supplies from Earth but would go on the understanding that it would be too costly to bring them home.
NASA revealed that it had already received more than $1 million to commence work on the project at its Ames Research Centre in California.
Centre director Pete Worden, who claimed humans could be living on Mars by 2030 despite the inhospitable conditions, said: "The human space program is now aimed at settling other worlds.

"Twenty years ago you had to whisper that in dark bars or get fired."
Who would do it for a little section in the NASA history books?

Send prison inmates there, the lifers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_to_Stay
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/nasa-mars-mission-a-one-way-trip/story-e6frf7lf-1225945124330
Re: Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by earthrealm(m): 10:52pm On Nov 01, 2010
yeah,
am
in.
hv signed up 4 the trip
Re: Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by paddyman(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2010
Nna, how much?
Re: Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
A one way trip to Mars? shocked

Hang on, I'll just get my coat. tongue
Re: Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by SAKUR: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2010
I'm tired of here anyway am in,but they have to send a girl with me preferably a Brazilian .
Re: Nasa Looking For Astronauts For 1 Way Trip To Mars by easylogic(m): 4:32am On Nov 13, 2010
SAKUR:

I'm tired of here anyway am in,but they have to send a girl with me preferably a Brazilian .

with a big a** preferably.I am not so sure how sex would be in a place where gravity is soo little compared to earth.You might have to work alot harder.

(1) (Reply)

We are Geniune Visa Processing and internatinal Job Agent,With Concrete Agreement. / Urgent Help Me Please About Marriage In Schegen Country / Lokoja Okene Road, A Death Trap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.