Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric (2240 Views)

Genevieve, Rita, Uche Jombo Are "Veteran-Spinsters" - Twitter User / Twitter Babes: Tweet Between Donjazzy And A Twitter User (Hilarious Snapshot) / Top 20 Most Followed Nigerian Celebrities On Social Media 2015(+followers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric by daroz(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2010
Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most followed Twitter User In The WOrld And No. 1 In Africa

Tweeples all over the world will remember Nigeria for two things on Twitter; Wande coal’s trending naked picture and Pastor Chris entering the Twitter hall of fame with 2.2 million followers and still counting. I’ve been pouring over Pastor Chris’ Twitter profile since June 6, 2010, the day he joined twitter. He got more than 1.2 million followers in 5 months and more than 700,000 followers in the last two weeks.
Since twitter got popular in Nigeria, only celebrities and medias drew more attention and attracted more followers. Later on, political leaders joined for political reasons, likes of; atiku, Donald duke, ribadu, fashola and more as election draws nearer. None of these popular twitter users got as high as 50,000 followers.

According to Twitaholic, Pastor Chris is the 50th most followed twitter user and most followed user in Africa. Known to be a media tycoon, Pastor is a lover of media and anything related to it. Hence, his decision to join the social network site came as a little or no surprise. One of his church pastors gave us an info as to why pastor Chris chose to join twitter, saying “he thought of the possibility of gathering and reaching out to millions of christ embassy members all over the world at a time for prayer reason. And this prompted him to choose twitter as the best medium to do this”. A source informed us that more of his followers were new to twitter and just joined to follow pastor Chris.

Unlike other popular twitter users, pastor Chris comes online at a planned time which I always made known to his church members. The fact that he tweets short prayers with bible reference, follows no one, and doesn’t reply tweets drew us to the conclusion that he spent few minutes on twitter daily. And if you want to follow the leader, his twitter name is “pastorchrislive”.

if Pastor Chris Oyakhilome decides to run for the presidency come 2011 like pastor Chris Okotie – will might just have our first faith turned politician.
Re: Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2010
Nice.
@op pls post this thread to the Religion section. Too. Thks
Re: Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric by daroz(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
I am really surprised about this. Pastor Chris is one of the few pastors that really study deep and teach the word of God the way it really his. For now, I am not a member of his ministry, but I always spend out time to listen to him on some of his T.V programmes. His teachings have really imparted my life positively in many ways. And u wont believe this, I know a keen muslin friend who secretly have a good collection of pastor chris ministry materials such as c.ds, books and even downloaded messages in Ipod. wink
Re: Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric by Skidoc(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
Re: Pastor Chris Makes 50 Most Followed Twitter User In The World And No. 1 In Afric by Skidoc(m): 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
I don't understand this. Just as the OP posted, he had 2.2million followers back then. I checked it too. Now he has only over 1 million followers. So over 1 million people have unfollowed him between now and October 2010? shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Pls People Can You Tell Me What Is Wrong With This Picture: ,, / Will Smith Breath-taking Mansion!!! / The Actress Who Lose Her Husband To Stella Damasus Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.