Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly (10094 Views)

URGENT: Honda Accord 97 & Toyota Avensis 2000: I Want To BUY these Vehicles / These Vehicles Are For Sale 08031505760 / COME TO Abuja & CHECK THESE VEHICLES OUT - PRICE REDUCED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by dgov(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
INFINITY FX45, MURANO, ARMANDA, RANGE ROVER HSE/VOGUE

PLS WHICH ONE IS MORE ECONOMI FREINDLY IN TERMS OF MAINTAINANCE
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by femmy2010(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2010
Go for the Armanda.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by dgov(m): 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2010
THANKS FEMMY2010,

MORE ADVISE PLSSS
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by KunleA2(m): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2010
Murano beats them all. Engine in a Murano is a 3.5L V6 while Armada is a V8. So is the Range Rover.

The FX comes close behind. Provided you get the  FX35. Also try and stay away from All wheel drive versions. Not that they are bad, you probably really won't need it anyway.

Good luck out there.

Regards.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by dgov(m): 7:09am On Nov 01, 2010
Thanks Kunle

but i know about 5 people that uses Murano and each of them always complain abt one thing or the other on the gear box.

Kindly assist with more info

Thank you
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by sholasho(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2010
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
FIrstly stay clear off that FX 45.

As to Murano its a good deal, try and ask the model of the people you know that complain about theirs
If you are bouyant enough to get the recent model of the Murano 2007 or 2009 or ealier, then you are safe driving murano and fit all what you want.
As to the late models, nahhhhhh. u re not gonna like it.

Armanda, dont try it except you will use it occasionally, u know what i mean now, you drive it probably once in a monthsmiley when you have some kinda outing.

Range Sport anyday anytime.
Thats cool as well. You can go for it if you want.

But of all, If you get the recent model of the Murano you dont have a problem.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by KunleA2(m): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2010
dgov:

Thanks Kunle

but i know about 5 people that uses Murano and each of them always complain abt one thing or the other on the gear box.

Kindly assist with more info

Thank you

The gear box problem in the Murano that people complain about happens when people use the wrong gear oil to top the gear. That is when problem starts. If you maintain the car properly, you have nothing to worry about.

Good luck out there.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by harpo(m): 12:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
These ar all cars that will require some certain level of spending in terms of maintenance etc, pls just go ahead and buy one and enjoy yourself and stop asking crappy questions,
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by GeorgeD1(m): 12:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
like harpo said, if you really want a fuel efficient vehicle then you won't be buying any of those cars listed above. instead you will be planning on a toyota corolla.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by KunleA2(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
But he doesn't have to be so rude is his remarks. A Range Rover is more expensive to maintain than a Murano. What is wrong in asking if the potential buyer doesn't know? undecided
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by harakiri(m): 1:17pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Post

If you are looking for economy, go for the following :

Honda Pilot
Honda Element
Honda CRV

Toyota 4runner
Toyota Highlander
Toyota Rav4

Nissan Pathfinder
Nissan Xterra

That's about it.All those vehicles you mentioned at not very "pocket" friendly if you catch my drift.

Nuff said.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by GeorgeD1(m): 1:31pm On Nov 01, 2010
i think dgov does not yet realise that cars fall into different classes. there are fuel efficient cars for low budget and there are luxury cars where performance is the emphasis but with high maintenance costs.

those cars (murano, armada, et al) listed above happen to fall into the latter category.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by tkb417(m): 1:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Good one!

from the lil i know, run from Armanda

I think if u can afford these cars, then you should be able to maintain them accordingly.  i dont think you'll spend the kinda amount u use in maintaining an Accord with the kinda of cars you listed.

Be that as it may, from all you listed, Range Sport looks like the ish to me. maybe people like Siena and Inspired can help with some more technical details.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by tkb417(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
George_D:

think dgov does not yet realise that cars fall into different classes. there are fuel efficient cars for low budget and there are luxury cars where performance is the emphasis but with high maintenance costs.

those cars (murano, armada, et al) listed above happen to fall into the latter category.
well said
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by gidson12(m): 2:48pm On Nov 01, 2010
Tnx guys, i'm learnin' a lot here
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by kabukabu50(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2010
Lol poster, can you say NONE of the above, unless you have deep pockets they are all pretty expensive to maintain,the Nissan Murano ,yes its the cheapest and has just a 6 cylinder , is also known for steering hose problems,which can be very hard to fix because it sits right under the engine,and if left unchecked can ruin your pump.

The Infiniti FX is pretty much a luxury version of the Nissan Murano,but if you do get one,take the FX35 not the FX45,thats a V8(which means more expensive tune ups,higher gas consumption)

Nissan Armada,nope you also get a big V8,gas guzzler, same for the Range Rover Sport, grin grin.

If you have the money fine get any one of those,but if you just want a SUV for sure,but still want a decent vehicle,V6 and better reliability,there are plenty of options.
Toyota Highlander
Ford Edge

Honda Pilot
Mazda CX 7
Subaru Tribeca

The bigger the SUV,fancier SUV's have higher operating costs because of complex 4wd systems,high fuel costs and maintainance and are much more expensive to insure.

You can get a great deal buying a mid size smaller SUV because V6s are cheaper to run,you do get some of the nice conveniences found in the more upscale models.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by seunspice(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Me thinks the poster is not basically talking about fuel efficiency but total maintenance costs comparison. I would advice you go for the Murano as most folks in here have said. The fact that the average cost of a Range's shocks is about 700k scares me nuts. My friend had a little accident with his LR3. Cost him 1.4 m to fix it. If you want luxury and must ride a 4*4 without all the attendant luxury costs, pick the Murano. its the closest you would get.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 01, 2010
Is Toyota Prado among the luxury SUVs with high maintenance cost ?. So sorry for the digression.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by Wallie(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
Generally, vehicles that are the least complex tend to require lower maintenance cost but there are more variables involved like first model year of the design, some design change, maturity of the particular model and/or vehicle manufacturer.

All else being equal, the most economical will be Murano and least being the Range or Armanda.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by KunleA2(m): 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
seunspice:

Me thinks the poster is not basically talking about fuel efficiency but total maintenance costs comparison.  I would advice you go for the Murano as most folks in here have said. The fact that the average cost of a Range's shocks is about 700k scares me nuts. My friend had a little accident with his LR3. Cost him 1.4 m to fix it.  If you want luxury and must ride a 4*4 without all the attendant luxury costs, pick the Murano. its the closest you would get.

Well said. I couldn't have said it better.

MerryPlus:

Is Toyota Prado among the luxury SUVs with high maintenance cost ?. So sorry for the digression.

Prado is easy on your wallet. Carry GO!
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by GeorgeD1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
merryplus,
i'm not sure dgov fancies toyotas else prado should have been top of the list for economically friendly but luxury suvs. i guess he has his reason for leaving it out.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by GNBohr: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
what you want in a vehicle should determine your choice but your ability to maintain the vehicle rather than your ability to acquire the vehicle should decide your decision.

Many Nigerians buy vehicles for status statement always, failing to consider the most important factors in vehicle purchase and usage.

Factors to consider when considering a vehicle purchase, particularly in Nigeria:

Fuel consumption
Availability of spare parts
Availability of the brand auto-mechanics
Affordability of spare parts
Rates of wear and tear of parts relative to Nigerian bad roads
Personal ability to conveniently continue to put the vehicle on the road on daily basis
Purpose of buying the vehicle
The likely use to put the vehicle

If you make these factors your cornerstone in your decision, you will know vehicles you can easily acquire but very costly to maintain or those you can not maintain at all.

In answering your question, all the vehicles you mention are upper class and have their unique advantages over the other but if you are not ready or able to Bleep out a minimum of 100k at a go for repair costs then dont go for any of them. But I tell you, if you can conveniently maintain Murano, then with some financial discipline and good care you can manitain an Armada or LR3.

The choice and capability is yours and yours alone
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by toladop(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hyundai Santa Fe is very good. Consider it
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by viperman: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
Just like GNBohr has succintly posted, there are several factors that every buyer should tick-off before buying a car.

As for your target cars above, the one with the cheapest parts and maintenance among the lot is the MURANO, closely followed by the FX35.
To avoid the stress of bad gear oil effects, keep away from the 2002/2003 models.

Now, narrowing down to the two above, I'd confidently tell you(Since i've driven both a couple of times) both are quite different despite being from the same maker, however it depends on what you are looking for exactly.

I'd rate the them like this:

[list]
[li]Performance - FX35, without question. Looking at the FX, its obvious it shares no major design with the Murano; Murano is a 240 hp FWD built on Nissan's Altima platform, the FX on the other-hand is a 280/320HP RWD/AWD built on Nissan's 350Z/G35 platform.
It out performs the murano.
[/li]

[li]Interior Comfort - Murano (not that the FX is uncomfortable, but the seats are very tight, reminds me of a Corvette) grin[/li]

[li]Ride - FX35 (BUT again here depends on what you want. The FX isn't your regular slow-pick-up SUVSUV. It's very sporty car and obviously rides like one, coupled with the fact that its more spread on the floor giving it more balance on top speed)[/li]

[li]Features - Would have to give it a tie here. Most of the useful features are now available in both cars from 2007 models: Nav, bluetooth, Reverse Cam, etc. However, if you're looking at models between the 2003 and 2006, then again, the FX35 takes the cake! [/li]

[li]Sound System - FX35(hands down)[/li]

[li]Exterior Looks - FX35 (my opinion)[/li]

[li]Price - Murano[/li]

[/list]

In summary, if the price is the problem, go for the murano, else if you can afford it and still want something that can be easier maintained - go for the FX35.
ARMADA, is actually a big useless car, in my opinion, though some people like it.

As for the DON of them all - RANGE-ROVER, You only touch a RANGE/BENZ jeep when you become a MAN!  cool

However, should ou decide to go for the toyota's or honda's, hit me up on my website and i'd give you a more detailed and insightful comparisons of major toyota and honda jeeps you should consider, also, check there for some on sale.

www.viperautos.com
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by Decryptor(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Poster, i will advice u to go for a car like the Toyota Highlander. Though it is more expensive than the aforementioned cars you listed, the maintainance and fuel economy is excellent.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
I used Fx and Rangover, they both are cool, but will advice ya not to go for Murano, cos so many of my friends are complaining bout that now
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by chelseabmw(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
I LOVE THIS POST
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by krazynaija(m): 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
Nice thread, now saving money to buy my car in 5years cheesy lol
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by LRNZH(m): 12:49am On Nov 02, 2010
If you're comfy enuff to mention theses SUVs then the FX35 is most reasonable as its more durable, more luxurious, better performance but more expensive than the Murano.

Range Rover is for MEN! Go figure.

Btw guys
Between a Landrover LR2 and an Acura MDX (both 2008 models) which would you recommend generally for use in Naija?
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by dgov(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2010
Thnaks to Femi, Viperman and everybody that has contributed to this topic, its really educative and eye opener. i think i know what i want now and within my budget range.

As for Harpo-------- u dont have to be rude and insultive when commenting. be guided.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by knotty(m): 9:29am On Nov 02, 2010
dgov:

------ u dont have to be rude and i[b]nsultive[/b] when commenting.

Did you mean insulting?
In whatever you do, DGOV, please, don't touch that Armada. It is a big for nothing `room and pallor` SUV. Stay with the Range, if you can afford it now. The reason is, if you settle for less now and end up buying the FX, down the line, you will be tempted to scale up. Then, the Range will start to haunt you, just as it is haunting some of my pals.

Also, consider Audi Q7 as you go. It is a vehicle that says so much in very scanty words!
All the best, man.
Re: Which Of These Vehicles Is More Economically Friendly by kele1975(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2010
Guys is there anything i can do to reduce the fuel consumption of my honda EOD v6 engine.the car is sucking fuel like hell.Regards

(1) (2) (Reply)

»»» Sold!! Neat Kia Sportage 09 @ N1.4M Negotiable ««« / Reporting From The Auction Frontline. Lots Of Pictures. / Registered 2000 Honda Accord Coupe 4 cylinder Engine..Price: N550k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.