Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... (478 Views)

Finally, I Found The Secret To Sport Investment / I Lost My Life Savings #113,000 To Betting / Wilson Oruma: 'I Lost N2bn To Fraudsters And Relations' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... by Introvertedmarc: 1:03am On Sep 20, 2019
On front page, I came across this link https://www.nairaland.com/5424486/ever-play-bet9ja-virtual-again#82353249 and smiled, not because I was mocking the OP but i reminisced my days of gambling and hoping to hit major bucks, not knowing "my village people just brought my basin with my picture in it.." grin

It started small with N100, N200, N1000, N2000, N5,000, until we got to N100,000... I was watching my life get ruined but how to stop or control it was what I didn't know how to do.. I repented so many times, promised never to back (story for the gods).. as long as I had internet and my atm card with some funds in it, I was on the next game telling you why cerezo Osaka would definitely win Shanghai Spig grin

After 2 years or losing and yes winning definitely, but losing in hundreds of thousand generally, the breaking point was when I was in debt of N500k, had N200k left on me while my business was dwindling, a friend called and said sure odd correct score (100% guaranteed MAFIA leaked).. I said God you have finally answered my prayers, not knowing devil just played general market on my head..

The correct score odd was 7.34 and 10.50 for 2-0 and 3-0 respectively..

Brothers and sisters, I went all in as the previous week I got same info clicked but I played just N1,000.. I had already built dreams in my head of my returns and how to settle my debt, well to cut the long story short I lost, can you believe match ended 5 - 3. How in the world does an alleged leaked game of 2 - 0/3 - 0 end at 5- 3?.. the so called friend switched of his phone as I wanted to unleash volcanic lava on him, only to hear he had spread the same gist and having invested N500k/N500k on both games which was his all just to block out, he was near collapse and breathing heavily, I was told they had to give him milk and bath him grin.. wont lie to you, his predicament actually calmed me down while I counted my losses and moved on.. I lost a lot of personal important needed items just to raise money to pay the debt, Thank God am in a good place now

Solution on how I solved my gambling addiction..

I downloaded an app called "bet locker" there are numerous app for such but God and this particular one saved me, thank God I never visited bet shops as I gambled majorly through my phone as my card was linked to my account.

It blocks your internet from accessing any betting website for a duration of set periods 1week, 1mth, 1yr, 2yrs etc, App cant be deleted during the block period and would de-activate the phone reset function just incase the devil comes knocking.. i can bet you I tried resetting during the period, tried all the websites I knew for new registration.. none opened while the urge gradually left and I became sane again..

Gambling ruines lives, it would render you useless, am not saying you dont have people who have made millions via gamble, but the odds are 1 in 2000, I checked how much I had invested in gamble and it was equivalent to my 1 year rent on the island, money that could have gone very far in my life both for investment and business running.

It's never too late, the bet coys are taking advantage of the economy and increase in poverty, these days I see young men like myself gambling and I just smile and reminisce, I really cant advise every Tom, dick and harry but I hope my experience would teach someone somewhere that gambling is not the best path.

If you dont gamble, please dont... if you do, please try to stop because you would definitely get addicted at some point.

Cc: lalasticlacla
Cc: mynd44

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... by Jentle244: 1:29am On Sep 20, 2019
500k for just a game...I dey mad??

One thing about betting is that u use your spare change and try as much as possible to limit it to weekends
Re: How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... by majamajic(m): 1:55am On Sep 20, 2019
pay after winning

the highest bet scam of all time

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... by chukwuibuipob: 4:23am On Sep 20, 2019
grin wink grin smiley wink grin sad cool grin wink sad when we preach the Gospel truth that BETTING in whatever disguise ruin life,sum dumb ,deaf,kids,Association of Punters will attack U and kal evil man.I have seen landlord sold their house cos of pool debt/to stake.If devil give U 2 milla with right hand,he'll collect 5 milla with left hand.U stake 100Naira hopin to win 100Thousand/1mila ovanite.Dat's dumbness. Listen to the Spirit that tell u to STOP BETTING.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Lost My Rent Equivalent To Sport Bet... by ValCon888: 5:00am On Sep 20, 2019
Betting releases a chemical in your brain that is similar to inhaling cocaine and that is why the addiction is incredibly difficult to stop.

People lose money every day but still go back to play because of the thrill and high they get from it.

The possibility of being a winner of millions one day pushes people into losing their thousands every day which when calculated, is up to the millions they wished to win.

The betting companies know how addictive betting is and that is why they make it extremely hard to close your betting account.
They know if you quit today, they can always catch you tomorrow.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Moment NTA Commentator Said "Super Eagles 2 - Nigeria 1" / Liverpool V Shelfied United. 1-2 Correct Score / Spanish Club Villarreal Celebrate Ike Uche Birthday With Piggin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.