Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,167 members, 7,953,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:03 PM

Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me (661 Views)

Woman Spreads Her Wrapper For Drogba To Walk On After He Built School, He Dances / Tammy Abraham Tells England FA He Remains Available For Selection / Tammy Abraham To Dump England For Nigeria, Meets Pinnick In London. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by RolexOfGeneva(m): 10:35am On Sep 20, 2019
DROGBA: ABRAHAM LEARNT FROM ME

Didier Drogba has revealed that Tammy Abraham learnt from him in training during his time at Stamford Bridge, and has praised the striker's form at the start of this season.

Abraham has scored seven goals in five Premier League games at the beginning of the campaign, with Frank Lampard insisting the England U21 international would have got his chance in the Chelsea first team irrespective of the club's current transfer ban.

The 21-year-old joined the Blues at U8 level and Drogba, who scored 164 times in 381 games in all competitions for the club, says Abraham took inspiration from senior players during his time progressing through the academy.
"Yeah, I've known him [Abraham] since he's been like this," Drogba explained.
"These are kids we used to see, they used to come and watch us training, and I believe they learned a little bit of our skills, how we read the game.

Lampard and Drogba won four FA Cups, three Premier League titles and one Champions League together at Chelsea
"So, you know, we're not surprised because I also trained with them when I used to train with the reserve team.
"It was always a moment for me to give away some skills, some knowledge, and they learnt really fast, really quick.
"So once again, I'm not surprised with what I've seen [with Abraham]."

Source: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11814636/tammy-abraham-learnt-from-me-at-chelsea-says-didier-drogba

Re: Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by RolexOfGeneva(m): 10:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Op. This is front page material oooo.
Re: Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by bashuayi(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2019
no wonder he score goals well
Re: Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by bercarray(m): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
When he was at Swansea and he wasn't performing drogba didn't come out to say this o, it's now he's just saying this, you'll see some chelsea fans feeling relaxed that they've found the new drogba because drogba said he learnt from him, they'll start hailing him now but let him make one mistake. y'all know what will happen next.
Re: Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by lexyman(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
Success have many brothers
Re: Drogba: Tammy Abraham Learnt From Me by otipoju(m): 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
bercarray:
When he was at Swansea and he wasn't performing drogba didn't come out to say this o, it's now he's just saying this, you'll see some chelsea fans feeling relaxed that they've found the new drogba because drogba said he learnt from him, they'll start hailing him now but let him make one mistake. y'all know what will happen next.

Of all the chelsea strikers that have played since Drogba, Tammy seems to be his natural successor.
I wish him well. But he needs a lot of work to do.

Make him commit to Nigeria sha

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Fairly Used Gym Equipments, For Sale At 59 Tejuosho Street / A Destiny Helper / You Snubbed Nigeria At The Wrong Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.