Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives (20172 Views)

Court Sacks Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps / Tribunal Sacks Alex Egbona, APC House Of Representative Member In Cross River / Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by quickberry2(m): 10:58am On Sep 20, 2019
Chidiebube Okeoma, Owerri

The National Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal in Owerri on Wednesday sacked a member of the House of Representatives, Obinna Onwubuariri.

Until the nullification of his mandate, Onwubuariri represented Isiala Mbano/Onuimo/Okigwe federal constituency of Imo State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

In her judgment which lasted for about two hours, chairman of the Panel, R. Harriman, ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct a fresh poll in the federal constituency within 90 days from the date of the judgment.

According to the Jurist, the petitioner, Princess Miriam Onuoha, of the All Progressives Congress, was able to prove her petition beyond reasonable doubt.

The jurist said that INEC and the first respondent were unable to defend the allegations of over-voting, mutilation of figures, and the reduction of the petitioner’s votes preferred against them by the petitioner.

The panel, which ordered a fresh poll in the federal constituency, instructed that the first respondent’s certificate of return should be withdrawn immediately.

Harriman said the declaration of the lawmaker who is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, was done in utter disregard of the Electoral Act, as amended.

The petitioner’s aide, Israel Onyema, told newsmen after the judgment that his principal would have been happier if the tribunal had declared the APC candidate the winner of the February 21 poll.

Onyema contended that his principal won the election in the three local government areas that make up the federal constituency.

An aide to the sacked lawmaker said his principal would appeal the judgment.

Source:
https://www.punchng.com/breaking-tribunal-sacks-pdp-lawmaker-obinna-onwubuariri

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Goldencheese(m): 11:00am On Sep 20, 2019
shocked

....we help businesses prepare their business plans, financials, carry out their feasibility surveys and generally support them through diverse business development services. You can try us today.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2019
APC can NEVER win any constituency in Imo

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by faithfull18(f): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2019
K.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by ForeThinker: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2019
Season of sacks

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by chibusho: 11:05am On Sep 20, 2019
country for sell?

cash and carry
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Dozie32(m): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Nigerian senate na scam.. All of them should be probed by FBI and efcc.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Dottore: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Go back home
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Royalfurnitures: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2019
Wow, he is a second timer, What really happened?

Check out my signature for classy and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Kundagarten: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2019
APC using tribunal to get what they couldn't get from the ballot box.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by WinkWrld: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2019
What was he useful for anyways
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Olukat(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2019
This is the best time to win!
Ikedi... roll out the drums, I mean dollars grin
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by solmusdesigns: 11:11am On Sep 20, 2019
grin

Wuru wuru election is a waste of money and time

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Olanipekun1: 11:12am On Sep 20, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
grin

Wuru wuru election is a waste of money and time

[/s]
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by NORSYK(m): 11:13am On Sep 20, 2019
The rerun is only in one LGA not the 3
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by frowland(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2019
My class mate at the University. I used to call him "No Security" as a nick name.
Each time he comes to my house, he will be screaming up and down; "Your lodge no get security, bro o' no security for your lodge"!!! grin So I began to call him NO SECURITY.
You will emerge victorious once more, like always brother!

8 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by bennynaza(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2019
Damn
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Greenback: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2019
country for sell

cash and carry

Courtesy chibusho
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by nonut: 11:27am On Sep 20, 2019
I
frowland:
My class mate at the University. I used to call him "No Security" as a nick name.
Each time he comes to my house, he will be screaming up and down; "Your lodge no get security, bro o' no security for your lodge"!!! grin So I began to call him NO SECURITY.
You will emerge victorious once more, like always brother!
For your mind.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by MrAnele(m): 11:30am On Sep 20, 2019
My uncle ooo
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by frowland(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2019
nonut:
I
For your mind.

On what? Are you living my life or are my living your life? You seem to be suffering from inferiority complex.
Everyone who is great today was someone's friend yesterday. Tomorrow you might be somewhere and your friends will recognize your past days. It's life! Obinna is my good friend way back in school 2001, and life have taken different turns but he still remains a friend.

9 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by NwaBoy: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2019
Do you want to feel better, have more energy and even add years to your life?

The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercise, regardless of age, sex or physical ability.

Contact me for your Exercise & Gym equipment both Home and Commercial Use

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by VillageHead: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2019
Na wa o!

At least hin don attach "Hon." for hin name.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by okeyumez(m): 11:55am On Sep 20, 2019
This guy na fraudster
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by asobo: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2019
Which electoral act. Our judiciary won't kill us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by jkendy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2019
It delights these tribunals across the country so so much in 'sacking' a particular party while upholding the judgement of that other one.
I didn't mention any party by name, in case you'll come for my head grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by princetg: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
cry Back to the villege
Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by olajizz01(m): 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
collinsuchendu:
APC can NEVER win any constituency in Imo
But they have won 2 senatorial seats out of 3.keep wallow in delusion.

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by senatordave1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
NORSYK:
The rerun is only in one LGA not the 3
Apc will win

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Vasgas: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
frowland:

On what? Are you living my life or are my living your life? You seem to be suffering from inferiority complex.
Everyone who is great today was someone's friend yesterday. Tomorrow you might be somewhere and your friends will recognize your past days. It's life! Obinna is my good friend way back in school 2001, and life have taken different turns but he still remains a friend.

"Everyone who is great today was someone's friend
yesterday"
Thank you for that wonderful quote sir. That is why we should see relationship as investment, invest in people life although some might be ingrate but there will be those whom will always come back like the only leper whom came back to Jesus.
Sometimes we don't need to rise, but if someone whom we have invest positively into his/her life rise, automatically you have also risen.
it will you years to dig all the wells, but some wells have been dung already.

@Koinonia

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks Obinna Onwubuariri From House Of Representatives by Edu3Again: 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2019
senatordave1:

Apc will win

Not if PDP stands its ground

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kano Hisbah To Stop ‘immoral Dancing’ At Weddings, Naming Ceremonies / Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside / Former Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Minimah Hands Over To New COAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.