Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts (22232 Views)

I Almost Fell Into The Outrage Trap. Permanent Structures Remained Intact / Jimoh Isiaka Shot During EndSARS Protest Dies At BUTH - Seyi Makinde / MC Oluomo Was Stabbed With A Poisoned Knife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by TITOPE(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2019
Musiliu Akinsanya aka MC Oluomo who is the Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, has reacted to the backlash he received over his invitation to speak at a programme in the University of Lagos UNILAG.

MC Oluomo was invited by the National Association of Geography Students, UNILAG chapter to give a speech at their function today September 19th but the invitation was greeted with widespread criticism. Many Nigerians felt that MC Oluomo who is not educated, should not be given a platform in a citadel of learning such as the University of Lagos.

Reacting to the criticism, MC Oluomo who spoke through his aide, Jimoh Buhari, said he could did not attend the event again as he is currently in Abuja attending to urgent matters. He wondered why Nigerians would not want to give an opportunity to a person like him. Speaking, Oluomo said.

“I don’t know the reason people are going against the invitation because the people who invited him knew what they wanted him to say. If he had gone there and said something wrong, then the critical reactions would have been justified.

“Is it a crime not to be educated?
Should people who did not go to school go and commit suicide?

I think that if someone did not go to school and has a large following, it is enough reason for people to invite him to occasions. Those who invited him for the event had a strong reason for doing it.

“People are judging MC Oluomo based on hearsay. You don’t judge a book by its cover. We are also making efforts to change the negative impression people have about him.”

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/09/mc-oluomo-reacts-to-nigerians-over-his.html

7 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Barondenigeria: 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
cheesy
That's the next Governor of our Lagos!

Eko Gbi gbi!! MC lo lé sé o! #Oluomo2023
Ómó wa ni e jeo sé! grin
#MC4Show
#Eko4MC! grin

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by BarrElChapo(m): 2:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
Celebrating thuggery maybe Harvard will one day invite El Chapo De Guzman cheesy

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by lyriclekidd(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Okay
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Mikepenny5(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
People that invited him and him also are very funny how can you invite someone like that one day unilag May invite Evans

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by anungangampu: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Since they can rally around Buhari why not Mc Oluomo.

Awolowo would be crying wherever He is now

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by stillseth: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Na una problem be that...E no concern me..if I see the mc and e give me money I go collect am.

5 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by skultrick(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wetin Musa no go see for gate. Even agbero get aide.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by ronalmagic10(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
You are making effort to change the narrative so that you can clean up his battered image and present him as governor abi. Continue

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by adebuk47(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Rubbish

In another news, he has been denied
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Bukayot: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ok
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by NwaOhafia: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Being a thug is good business here in lagos. I still wonder if it's only here in lagos or there are other places you could find that in the world

4 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by tommykiwi(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
UNILAG should have invited Tinubu rather than his boy.

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by zinosleek(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
You do not have to go to uni to acquire knowledge. Regardless of his background he still have some knowledge of transportation in lagos that can never be acquired in school.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by dheespectre: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
G
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Sunofgod(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thugs!

1 Like

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by EsquireTee(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
Say according to his aide jimoh buhari.... We celebrate too much mediocrity in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by larj(m): 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
I think it would be interesting to hear this man speak. He's either going to be a good example that one does not need a college degree to be an intellectual asset , or on the other end that, one is quite useless to the academic community if you have no degree.
I'm bias to the former from experience. Having had a personal encounter with someone Nigerian politicians grin Harvard can't teach you some of the things they practice. It's only conceived in the mind of Lucifer or someone influenced by him: terrible practical knowledge. They should let the man teach them this knowledge and the street smartness grin. We need to start finding the antidote to some of these poisons.

4 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by AustineCJ: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
This is super story..they should invite Evans next.
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by yesloaded: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by flowx(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
Where's ?

He should come and react o because I want to know his opinion about this matter.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by obajoey(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
TITOPE:

Strong point, but be engaged in something people would be proud of.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by AceRoyal: 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Our educational system is a reflection of the state of the nation.
What's the relationship between Oluomo and geographic?

I weep for the present and future state of this nation.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by WeRblessed(f): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
Some of them that have PhD what have they contributed to the lives of Nigerians?

Being educated is being informed. It's not just about majoring in one course and after each semester you get tested and graduate.

Their are some moral lessons that uneducated persons can teach students

8 Likes

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by passyhansome(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
NIGERIA PRACTICE THUGERYTOCRACY, BEEN RULED BY THUG

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by AceRoyal: 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
WeRblessed:
Some of them that have PhD what have they contributed to the lives of Nigerians?

Being educated is being informed. It's not just about majoring in one course and after each semester you get tested and graduate.

Their are some moral lessons that uneducated persons can teach students

What "moral" lesson does MC Oluomo have to teach university students?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by mrvitalis(m): 2:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
Agboro get aid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by FuckDaMods: 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
Urgent matter in abuja my black hairy ass ... He couldn't show because of the shame and criticism he'll face.
Look at the dirty touts all over Lagos causing discomfort to the commuters, Spitting on my face becos they are shouting owoda. Imagine how much worse they would behave If we allow their king to be a special guest in unilag.
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by RexTramadol1: 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
The outrage is balderdash
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by femijay8271(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
mrvitalis:
Agboro get aid
U b young Jon d wicked!
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
TITOPE:
Musiliu Akinsanya aka MC Oluomo who is the Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, has reacted to the backlash he received over his invitation to speak at a programme in the University of Lagos UNILAG.

MC Oluomo was invited by the National Association of Geography Students, UNILAG chapter to give a speech at their function today September 19th but the invitation was greeted with widespread criticism. Many Nigerians felt that MC Oluomo who is not educated, should not be given a platform in a citadel of learning such as the University of Lagos.

Reacting to the criticism, MC Oluomo who spoke through his aide, Jimoh Buhari, said he could did not attend the event again as he is currently in Abuja attending to urgent matters. He wondered why Nigerians would not want to give an opportunity to a person like him. Speaking, Oluomo said.

“I don’t know the reason people are going against the invitation because the people who invited him knew what they wanted him to say. If he had gone there and said something wrong, then the critical reactions would have been justified.

“Is it a crime not to be educated?

I think that if someone did not go to school and has a large following, it is enough reason for people to invite him to occasions. Those who invited him for the event had a strong reason for doing it.

“People are judging MC Oluomo based on hearsay. You don’t judge a book by its cover. We are also making efforts to change the negative impression people have about him.”

http://www.titopeblog.com/2019/09/mc-oluomo-reacts-to-nigerians-over-his.html
lol@changing the negative impression... U mean cleaning the blood money properly? Or as usual build churches and mosques or charity?? My brother u can't unfry an already fried egg.. Think if u will!!!!
Re: MC Oluomo UNILAG Invitation And The Outrage: Jimoh Buhari Reacts by Kawabonga(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
He even has an aide...well well cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Not Comment On Uzodinma’s New Position On Us ― IPOB / National Assembly Passes Students Loan Bill / Governor Babagana Zulum Welcomes El-Rufai To Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.