Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? (237 Views)

Onele Twins, Paul Eberechukwu & Peter Uchechukwu To Be Ordained Catholic Priests / Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 20, 2019
Most marriages today are handpicked by pastors.During singles crusade which such a pastor organises,he will proclaim that he saw a vision that God told him that a male member and female member who have not met each other in their lifetime and who are not even attracted to each other in the first place will be a good couple.Before they know it,and out of desperation,they have been coerce to tie the knot as a husband and a wife after few weeks of meeting each other.Most time there may not even be sex between them.
I want to ask,can God chose who one should get married to between two adults who should know what is best for themselves?
Is it God that speak to pastor before he get married to his own wife?
Lastly,is that the reason why we are having fail marriages and domestic violence presently?
Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
GOD has stopped generally choosing wives for men because of how Adam accused HIM on choosing Eve for him causing him to fall into temptation.there are three methods GOD uses
1. Go and find for yAself (he who finds a wife has found a good thing)
2.if u ask HIM, he will lead u to your wife(ask and u shall receive)
3.thorugh arranged marraiges( yes, GOD can reveal it to ur pastor or anointed spr or biological parents)
Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2019
Failed marraige and domestic violence is purely because pple are immature and not patient to see things thru

1 Like

Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hmm....My dear it is a big risk to trust any pastor to chose a life partner for an individual. Because:
You never can be sure if he is truly called by God.

Even if he's called by God, you never can tell if he's lying that God showed him anything.

It is better to keep off attending such singles crusades, yet be nice, welcoming male suitors who show interest, and date wisely. Where a pastor makes such choices for a person, it is good for the person to pray for clarification/meet another reliable pastor for clarification. The way great men of God have failed in marriages and have scandalous tags, makes one wonder if they still have a relationship with God.In this forum a girl wrote how her pastor was trying to trap her for a man in the church simply because she is pretty and successful.
Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by Shepherd00: 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
Do you mean 'Match making?' because no pastor ordains marriage.
Marriage was ordained before Man first saw the light of the sun.
Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by ochibuogwu5: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
No matter who said,
God will confirm to you personally,
If you seek him and you are not already into sexual sins with that person thus
"Call to me, I will answer you and I will show you secret and mighty things that you did not know about" (Jeremiah 33:3)
"When the Holy Spirit comes, he will remind you about all that I have said to you and will reveal to you things about the future" (John 16:13)
Re: Can A Marriage Ordained By A Pastor Be Blissful? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
tongue

(1) (Reply)

Your Words Are More Powerful Than The Devil. / Jesus Christ Proof: Dawkins In Shock Archaeological Evidence Claim Over Messiah / Sin Under Grace And Be Cast In Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.