Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,180 members, 7,957,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help (1383 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / Fresh Pepper Farm / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
I'm planning to start a one acre worth of pepper farm in ogun state

But the problem is I've never been a farmer nor do I know anything related to farming..

I've done alot of research related to this on the internet, and the more I gain more knowledge the less confident I become in myself.. I'm investing all of my savings into this... also thinking of getting a experienced farm manager before I start...

But what I really want is a little bit of field experience... or anyone who owns a pepper farm for his/her self to put me through in practical...

I already purchased the farm land.. but I'm curious on the financial aspect needed before I start..

I'm totally inexperienced so I wanna be prepared for the dangers I'll run into along the way

And what is the average profit margin by the end of the year??

Is this a business worth giving a shot at??

Pls help...
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Davash222(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
Golden Rule;

Don’t invest all your savings at once in one business.
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Davash222:
Golden Rule;

Don’t invest all your savings at once in one business.
Noted, and thank you
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by mansoor093(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
WhatsApp mi...let mi guide u, 08133378964
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2019
mansoor093:
WhatsApp mi...let mi guide u, 08133378964

Thank alot ... I'll message you asap
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Larwin(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good move, your plan should cover all year round farming.

Hope your selected farm is a place where you can get food water. You should check that first too.

We can handle your borehole drilling and geophysical survey for you if you ll be needing a borehole..

Best wishes
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by abegbofarm: 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2019
pls I also want to learn cos I have fail for for 15 months now
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by abegbofarm: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
any hot pepper farmer in and around atan idiroko environment.
pls I need practical knowledge because I have been planting pepper for 15months now but not successful

thanks
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by expert234: 1:37am On Dec 10, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

But the problem is I've never been a farmer nor do I know anything related to farming..

I've done alot of research related to this on the internet, and the more I gain more knowledge the less confident I become in myself.. I'm investing all of my savings into this... also thinking of getting a experienced farm manager before I start...

But what I really want is a little bit of field experience... or anyone who owns a pepper farm for his/her self to put me through in practical...

I already purchased the farm land.. but I'm curious on the financial aspect needed before I start..

I'm totally inexperienced so I wanna be prepared for the dangers I'll run into along the way

Pls help...

Please how much did you purchase the farm land?
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by jethro2: 6:36am On Dec 10, 2019
First step to any crop farming

* Keep that money in the bank or any safe place first

* Take off 3 - 6 months to acquire knowledge in whatever crop you have interest

* Practise on a small scale. May be at your backyard or on a small plot of land

* You can gradually expand the project in later years

* The above save you a lot of fund and headaches

Psalmy2cute:

Pls help...
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 10:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Pls help...
any update on your pepper farm
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
Olaleyeabdullah:
any update on your pepper farm
Yes.. I'll begin transplant the seedlings before the end of this month..
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by tonee1: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Yes.. I'll begin transplant the seedlings before the end of this month..

Can u walk us through this bro? What is the amount u have spent so far, the profit u are looking at and the specie of the pepper planted. Will love to hear from u. Thanks
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Chioma99(f): 5:04pm On May 01, 2021
billyG:
Good day all,
I really enjoyed this pepper thread,having read from page 1 to d last,I must confess I learnt a lot from people who has been practicing pepper farming, every one gav what he has not hoarding of knowledge,I just wanna ask if d Avenir F1 seeds not germinating problem has been taking care of in subsequent batches.h
as I have plan to start a pepper farm, although I have sow d local seeds & hav 90 % germination.

please sir are you sure those local pepper seeds you planted will grow to harvest.

because the rate they keep hyping all this hybrid seeds it just seems as if we don't need to plant local seeds again.

my mum sometime planted some local ata rodo and shombo peppers and we harvested them.

but now hybrid seeds seems to be the big deal and i don't just know if someone here will tell me the difference in results of hybrid pepper seeds and the local pepper seeds been sold in markets.

i just know hybrid seeds mature for harvest faster but local seeds i just don't know of it
Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by billyG(m): 5:10pm On May 01, 2021
Chioma99:

please sir are you sure those local pepper seeds you planted will grow to harvest.

because the rate they keep hyping all this hybrid seeds it just seems as if we don't need to plant local seeds again.

my mum sometime planted some local ata rodo and shombo peppers and we harvested them.

but now hybrid seeds seems to be the big deal and i don't just know if someone here will tell me the difference in results of hybrid pepper seeds and the local pepper seeds been sold in markets.

i just know hybrid seeds mature for harvest faster but local seeds i just don't know of it
Why not,Local people has been planting local pepper b4 this hybrid thing.d pepper hausas are planting & moving products to d south is it hybrid seeds?

1 Like

Re: I'm Starting A Pepper Farm, Pls Help by Chioma99(f): 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
billyG:

Why not,Local people has been planting local pepper b4 this hybrid thing.d pepper hausas are planting & moving products to d south is it hybrid seeds?

that's what i keep wondering everyday sir.

this hybrid seeds are just only been hyped,

local seeds also do well if you plant them well.

those hausa people don't ever buy hybrid seeds but they produce large quantities of peppers.

is there something this companies selling hybrid seeds are not really telling us?

(1) (Reply)

Buy a complete poultry farm with structure with instalment payment / Can Someone Explain This *photo* / Bulldozer Needed In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.