Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,966 members, 7,828,434 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! (2623 Views)

My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by Renderhelp(f): 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
Help @Renderhelp,

I am a single mother with 2 kids. I divorced my husband few years ago.

I stay in Egbeda axis of Lagos and getting an apartment here as an unmarried woman is very difficult.

Since I moved into this apartment I have not had peace, I feel more like a slave than a tenant.

My Landlord makes my kids and I go to his church, we are not allowed to miss any church service or go to another church. He once removed my former church sticker from my door.

We are not allowed to wear trousers, sleeveless, jeweleries or hair extensions in his compound. If we break his rules he would call us witches and threaten to evict us.

We have to sweep the compound and clean his cars every morning.

We share a meter with the Landlord so we have to split the bills. This man always tell me the amount to pay without showing me the bill teller, I usually pay 8k and above monthly!

He doesn't let us in or out of his compound after 9pm. He has made us sleep out twice because of this.

We are the only tenants in his compound. I paid 2 years rent in advance and I have only spent 3 months in this compound. I might turn into a mad woman if I keep on staying here. How can I get back my rent and move?
Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by sunnychibs(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
Sue the 'Bascard'

How can you allow yourself to be turned to a slave,it depends on how you carry yourself sha,show him attitudes,tell him you aren't comfortable in his house if he threatens to give you quit notice,sue him

Damn!

11 Likes

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by Davash222(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Story!!
Believe this, then you can believe Buhari would make one Naira equal one dollar.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
Involve the services of a lawyer and ask for a refund so you can move out. There's also a tribunal that handles this cases, ask at the local government headquarters.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by skedman(m): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Just get yourself a man friend or boy friend then introduce him to your landlord.
It is just a visit and introduction he will change
If you continue like this he will bring his penis to you to massage

7 Likes

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by OlawaleBammie: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
If one is intelligent enof he/she wil knw dat dis is a cooked up story.
Sorry, u didn't cook dis very well, as in, e no don welwel

6 Likes

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by OlawaleBammie: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
If one is intelligent enof he/she wil knw dat dis is a cooked up story.
Sorry, u didn't cook dis very well, as in, e no don welwel
Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by Emmzy201(m): 3:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
poorly cooked lies
if you believe this then you can also believe that Tonto dike is a reverend sister and a virgin

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by NGRsenate: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2019
These are either lies or you’re grossly stupid.

As long as you’re not living there for free then there are limits your landlord cannot cross.

Stay there and be waiting for nairaland to come and beg your landlord

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by Betty50(f): 6:37am On Sep 21, 2019
angry
skedman:
Just get yourself a man friend or boy friend then introduce him to your landlord.
It is just a visit and introduction he will change
If you continue like this he will bring his penis to you to massage
grin grin
Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by Eketem: 7:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Lagos state has so many pro tenant laws, go to the office of the public defender Alausa and report
Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by debbydee(f): 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Interesting.
Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by frozen70(f): 1:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Renderhelp:
Help @Renderhelp,

I am a single mother with 2 kids. I divorced my husband few years ago.

I stay in Egbeda axis of Lagos and getting an apartment here as an unmarried woman is very difficult.

Since I moved into this apartment I have not had peace, I feel more like a slave than a tenant.

My Landlord makes my kids and I go to his church, we are not allowed to miss any church service or go to another church. He once removed my former church sticker from my door.

We are not allowed to wear trousers, sleeveless, jeweleries or hair extensions in his compound. If we break his rules he would call us witches and threaten to evict us.

We have to sweep the compound and clean his cars every morning.

We share a meter with the Landlord so we have to split the bills. This man always tell me the amount to pay without showing me the bill teller, I usually pay 8k and above monthly!

He doesn't let us in or out of his compound after 9pm. He has made us sleep out twice because of this.

We are the only tenants in his compound. I paid 2 years rent in advance and I have only spent 3 months in this compound. I might turn into a mad woman if I keep on staying here. How can I get back my rent and move?

You did not tell us what brought about you being connected or subjected to this kind of control

Two years is enough for you to start preparing to pack our

Stop all the nonsense thing he subjected you to and stand your ground

Worst case he will ask you to pack out after expiration

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by fkj950ax(m): 10:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Renderhelp:
Help @Renderhelp,

1. Get a lawyer. If you can not afford one, go to the OPD office in Alausa or Ikeja High Court

2. Get a friend or family member to accommodate you, while you look for another property.
There are many properties that will take a single parent.

Or pay for a new property and move

3. Write a petition against him, citing all those things above which you find discomforting and state you wish to break your rent/lease and require a refund.

The only thing you can get is a part refund on rent paid. Move on with your life.

Your landlord is a controlling type and has profiled you as a single parent, he can push around.

Alternatively, refuse all he's making you do, and he gives you a quit notice, which is valid when your rent expires in 21 months.
But you'd live in a hostile environment with your children for 21 months.

Just move out

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Has Turned Me Into A Slave!!! by armadeo(m): 12:05am On Sep 29, 2019
Honestly i dont believe a woman who has gone through divorce for any reason will let a man under the guise of landlord do this to her.

OP this are lies

(1) (Reply)

Man Financially Responsible For His Ex-Wife? / Her Husband’s Brother Molested Her Twice. She Needs An Advise! / Fathers,how Do You Feel When Your Daughters Hide From You To Dress Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.