Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses (1003 Views)

Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Showbby28: 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Russia has increased its crackdown against Jehovah’s Witnsses, jailing six adherents for extremism in what has been described as unjust by a move rights activists.

According to a court spokesperson, a regional court in Saratov jailed six Jehovah’s Witnesses on Thursday for up to three-and-a-half years.

“Yes they were convicted,” the spokeswoman, Olga Pirueva, said. “Punishments ranged from three years and six months down to two years (in jail).”

The court found the six men guilty of continuing the activities of an extremist organization, a reference to a 2017 ruling from Russia’s Supreme Court which found the group to be an “extremist” organisation and ordered it to disband, Reuters reported.

Read Also: Serena Williams won’t celebrate daughter’s first birthday due to Jehovah’s Witness beliefs

The latest jailings follow the conviction in February of a Danish builder in Russia for his association with Jehovah’s Witnesses. Dennis Christensen was found guilty of organizing an extremist group and jailed for six years.

Over 250 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia are facing criminal charges, according to the group, with 41 in detention and 23 under house arrest, according to reports.

Under Thursday’s ruling, Konstantin Bazhenov and Alexei Budenchuk were sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail, Felix Makhammadiev to three years, and Roman Gridasov, Gennady German, and Alexei Miretsky to two years in prison each.

The court also banned them from holding leadership positions in public organizations for five years.

Jehovah’s Witnesses say Russia’s constitution guarantees their adherents’ right to exercise freedom of religion and deny wrongdoing.

“The whole logic of the accusation was based on the speculative thesis that faith in God is ‘a continuation of the activities of an extremist organization’,” Jarrod Lopes, a U.S.-based spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witness, said in a statement.

“Instead of searching and proving the guilt of the defendants, the aim of the investigation was to prove their religious affiliation, despite the fact that no religion is prohibited in Russia.”

Lawyers for the men plan to appeal what they regard as absurd convictions, said Lopes, according to Reuters report.

https://www.informationng.com/2019/09/russia-increases-crackdown-on-jehova-witnesses-reuters.html

Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by suprememoney(m): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
A
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Jackossky(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
Russia should have known better...
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by GenSpecifics: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
JW is one of a very few Christian organizations that are truly Christian.

Their stance on not pledging absolute loyalty to any state or getting involved in politics or the military is why they are seen as anti government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
How are they truly Christians when they're a bunch of hypocrites who preach and try to overburden people with their beliefs when they can't even try to live the life of Christ on earth?

I've one of them as a roommate and I gave her a stern warning never to try to want to indoctrinate me with their beliefs, don't invite me to your programs. Na so e dey start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by hisexcellency34: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
Nothing extremist about them. Aside drinking, they are far better than many Christians and Muslims. That they don't do birthdays, celebrate Christmas, vote or pray is their headache
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by technuel: 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ok
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Have their stance on Blood transfusions changed?

That's the only extreme thing I know about them.
They don't do anything that other sects and creeds don't.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by bingbagbo(m): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
How are they truly Christians when they're a bunch of hypocrites who preach and try to overburden people with their beliefs when they can't even try to live the life of Christ on earth?

I've one of them as a roommate and I gave her a stern warning never to try to want to indoctrinate me with their beliefs, don't invite me to your programs. Na so e dey start.

Wise one, flee from the cult jw
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Matt 24:14 ,the preaching of the good news Commanded and preached by Jesus Christ (Mark1:14,15) is an "overburden" that will "indoctrinate" you....

You wey dey "even try to live the life of Christ on earth" ,shebi "GrabHisBalls" be assignment wey your Jesus Christ give you?

Shebi you were sent to the tertiary institution to study "GrabHisBalls".....?

..Going by your moniker and your post,
You no get sense..
CONFIRMED hypocrite, remove the poo in your own eyes and in your brain before you can see & think clearly like some one whose education is worthwhile to herself and the larger society.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
bingbagbo:

Wise one, flee from the cult jw
Gbagbo proud Pharisee spreading poo.

"GrabHisBalls" will grab yours , you already know she's so wise at it....
JWs won't stoop so low to the cesspool you're wallowing in .
Bigots everywhere deceiving themselves.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 8:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Nothing extremist about them. Aside drinking, they are far better than many Christians and Muslims. That they don't do birthdays, celebrate Christmas, vote or pray is their headache

Hisexcellency, JWs pray more than the so called prayer warriors.
Peace.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
Showbby28:
Russia has increased its crackdown against Jehovah’s Witnsses, jailing six adherents for extremism in what has been described as unjust by a move rights activists.

According to a court spokesperson, a regional court in Saratov jailed six Jehovah’s Witnesses on Thursday for up to three-and-a-half years.

“Yes they were convicted,” the spokeswoman, Olga Pirueva, said. “Punishments ranged from three years and six months down to two years (in jail).”

The court found the six men guilty of continuing the activities of an extremist organization, a reference to a 2017 ruling from Russia’s Supreme Court which found the group to be an “extremist” organisation and ordered it to disband, Reuters reported.

Read Also: Serena Williams won’t celebrate daughter’s first birthday due to Jehovah’s Witness beliefs

The latest jailings follow the conviction in February of a Danish builder in Russia for his association with Jehovah’s Witnesses. Dennis Christensen was found guilty of organizing an extremist group and jailed for six years.

Over 250 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia are facing criminal charges, according to the group, with 41 in detention and 23 under house arrest, according to reports.

Under Thursday’s ruling, Konstantin Bazhenov and Alexei Budenchuk were sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail, Felix Makhammadiev to three years, and Roman Gridasov, Gennady German, and Alexei Miretsky to two years in prison each.

The court also banned them from holding leadership positions in public organizations for five years.

Jehovah’s Witnesses say Russia’s constitution guarantees their adherents’ right to exercise freedom of religion and deny wrongdoing.

“The whole logic of the accusation was based on the speculative thesis that faith in God is ‘a continuation of the activities of an extremist organization’,” Jarrod Lopes, a U.S.-based spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witness, said in a statement.

“Instead of searching and proving the guilt of the defendants, the aim of the investigation was to prove their religious affiliation, despite the fact that no religion is prohibited in Russia.”

Lawyers for the men plan to appeal what they regard as absurd convictions, said Lopes, according to Reuters report.

https://www.informationng.com/2019/09/russia-increases-crackdown-on-jehova-witnesses-reuters.html

"Faith in God" labeled a crime?
The Russian Court verdict amounts to rape of Justice and Freedom of Worship.
Putin's persecution of JWs won't deter us,JWs from obeying God as ruler rather than men,Acts5:29.
Banda did it, but JWs are still flourishing in his country.
Hitler swore he will exterminate JWs,he NEVER could.
JWs WILL ALWAYS FLOURISH.
Jehovah has decreed it.
Hallelujah !!!!!!!!!!
Isaiah 43:10-12. 54:17 (ASV).
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Fidelismaria: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Great

Jail them all

Annoying bastards

Jw my foot
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 9:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fidelismaria:
Great

Jail them all

Annoying bastards

Jw my foot

Another bigot spotted.
I pray to Jah the Father, that the scales of bigotry will fall from your eyes and purge prejudice your heart.... IJMNA.
Some day you might even be a JW, no be joke.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
Janosky:

Matt 24:14 ,the preaching of the good news Commanded and preached by Jesus Christ (Mark1:14,15) is an "overburden" that will "indoctrinate" you....

You wey dey "even try to live the life of Christ on earth" ,shebi "GrabH.isBalls" be assignment wey your Jesus Christ give you?

Shebi you were sent to the tertiary institution to study "GrabH.isBalls".....?

..Going by your moniker and your post,
You no get sense..
CONFIRMED hypocrite, remove the poo in your own eyes and in your brain before you can see & think clearly like some one whose education is worthwhile to herself and the larger society.
This one you just did is called 'Ad hominem' you left the topic of discuss to attack 'Grabhisballs'. grin First off, Christ lived an exemplary life. If you must carry the bible to preach, then a lot is expected of you. I call them hypocrites cause they do the opposite of what's scripted in their closet. Some of their girls bleep guys while preaching. That's speaking from the ones I've had dealings with, not the total JW stranger knocking on doors.

Secondly, my moniker has absolutely nothing to do with this discourse. So, quit the blackmail. It's just a pseudonym and doesn't reflect my true character.

Thirdly, I am not a preacher. If I were one, I would definitely do things differently. With that said, when next you quote me on this, be objective. I am really not cut-out for squabbles.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by Janosky: 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
This one you just did is called 'Ad hominem' you left the topic of discuss to attack 'Grabhisballs'. grin First off, Christ lived an exemplary life. If you must carry the bible to preach, then a lot is expected of you. I call them hypocrites cause they do the opposite of what's scripted in their closet. Some of their girls bleep guys while preaching. That's speaking from the ones I've had dealings with, not the total JW stranger knocking on doors.

Secondly, my moniker has absolutely nothing to do with this discourse. So, quit the blackmail. It's just a pseudonym and doesn't reflect my true character.

Thirdly, I am not a preacher. If I were one, I would definitely do things differently. With that said, when next you quote me on this, be objective. I am really not cut-out for squabbles.
1)
You're even more guilty of "Ad hominem" and hypocrite tag you label on JWs.
Even though you claim "some of their girls bleep guys", does that suffice to label all JWs hypocrite?

Are there no black sheep, so to say , in your Church/Family, is that enough reason to label all family members, hypocrite?

@2)
No one has blackmailed you, but you go answer any name you call yourself nau....
Who told you that your moniker has nothing to do with this discuss?
You labeled a group of people 'hypocrite', a defamatory statement,you attached to their person/character. Yet there's nothing positive or wholesome about the image you portray online.
With regards to your alias, how would you feel if your course mates found out & everyone on campus calls you "GrabHisBalls?
Make you tell your Father say your NL moniker na "GrabHisBalls"
@3)
Matt24:14, 1Cor11:1,Jesus Christ commissioned every Christian as a preacher, minister of the good news.
"I am not a preacher." You're dodging Christ's assignment, but even if you're more holier than JWs, there's no justification for your bigotry and prejudice.
Peace.
Re: Russia Increases Crackdown On Jehovah Witnesses by oaroloye(m): 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
MISHIGAS!

THE RUSSIANS ARE VERY FAMILIAR WITH CHRISTIANITY: IT WAS THE FOUNDATION OF THEIR EMPIRE.

The CZAR of Russia was assassinated by a Death Squad sent by the Roman Catholic Pope, in his move to relocate his headquarters from the accursed Rome site, to CONSTANTINOPLE.

In the process, he was having the Russian Orthodox Church destroyed, too.

However, the wily Patriarch bought off his assassins by immediately surrendering the treasury of his Church- a stockpile of Silver, Gold, and Precious Stones, and his complete capitulation and cooperation- which was even more valuable.

Therefore, he and his Church were allowed to live.

At the same time, the Vatican had sent a considerable quantity of Gold ahead, to finance his move.

The assassins hijacked and kept the shipment, which helped finance their own revolution, and separation from Rome and the Russian Orthodoxy.

[See: THE GODFATHERS, by Jack T. Chick.]

Having witnesses (no pun intended,) the cowardly duplicity of the only Christian authorities they recognized- how they both just used people, and threw them and their own principles away, just to further their own selfish interests, can YOU see any way that they could possibly trust anything that claims to be Christian?

Showbby28:

WHAT THE (*Bleep!*) IS A [b]"MOVE RIGHTS ACTIVIST?" WHY SHOULD WE CARE WHAT THEY SAY?[/b]

These things are said to make it appear that here is some legitimacy to what is being said.

There is not.

menxer:

Fight in what aspect?
Did they stand up against the evil of the Nazi against the Jews/other ethnic groups? fellow humans indeed

YES: JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES DID STAND UP AGAINST THE EVIL OF ADOLF HITLER!

They went to the Concentration Camps along with ROMA (GYPSIES) and JEWISH HEBREW IMPOSTORS (who were actively subverting their nation).

All these people were found alive in the so-called DEATH CAMPS because THERE WAS NO "HOLOCAUST."

Therefore, the JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES helped cover up that lie.

THE SOVIET UNION TRIED THEIR BEST TO PROVE A HOLOCAUST- BUT FOUND NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER.

Therefore, they know the Jehovah's Witlesses to be liars, too.

ItsTime4me:
Jehovah's witnesses are very respectful citizens. They try their best to obey the laws of the land they live in. However, they owe their allegiance only to JEHOVAH. The reason? Firstly, think of what 'allegiance' mean. Perhaps some lines of the national pledge explains it. '........to serve Nigeria with all my stength......' Whereas, Matt. 22:37 commands us to love Jehovah with all our soul, heart and mind. So you see, God's word says we should serve Him unreservedly. So, if you serve your country with 'all' your strength, what would be left to serve God? Hence, while Jehovah's witnesses obey the laws of their lands, they owe their allegiance ONLY TO JEHOVAH.

The Jehovah's Witlesses do NOT love GOD with ALL of their Hearts, ALL of their Souls, nor ALL of their Might- but only the little effort and allegiance that THEIR ORGANIZATION says is necessary- which is 1% of their Spiritual Potential, and no more than 10% of their Minds.

THEY DO NOT OBEY THE LAWS OF THE LANDS THAT THEY ARE IN!

THAT is what this whole sh(*Bleep!*)t is about!

henrychubayo:
JW are good people. They live in accordance with Bible principles, obeying God's laws and the law of the land whereever they are. JW are honest cause they live by what they teach and what they preach. i will also Admit that there are few among them that find it difficult to live with those standards. Yes they are imperfect and may not meet up to required standard just like all of us do fall in many ways.

THESE PEOPLE ARE DAMN LIARS!!!

This is what they TELL you, when they are wooing you to join.

It is later, that you FIND OUT that you CANNOT obey The Laws of the LAND, AND The Commandments of God!

If you do not do what THE ORGANIZATION says, YOU WILL BE EXCOMMUNICATED AND SHUNNED by your so-called New Friends!

. MATTHEW 6:24.

24. "No man can
serve two masters:
for either he will hate the one,
and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other."

WHENEVER THERE IS A CONFLICT, AND JEHOVAH'S WITLESS IS REQUIRED (OR ELSE!) TO LOVE THE ORGANIZATION, AND HATE THE GOVERNMENT, AND HOLD TO THE ORGANIZATION, AND DESPISE THE GOVERNMENT!

THAT is the REALITY of the situation.

Which JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES do NOT tell outsiders, BECAUSE THEY HATE AND DESPISE US ALL.

When you JOIN, you are gradually brainwashed into being an INSANE LUNATIC ROBOT- just like all of them.

Unable to THINK for yourself, unable to have your own OPINIONS, or have your questions on things that are definitely wrong taken seriously.

Questions are not ANSWERED; they are "MANSPLAINED."

If they tell you that 2 + 2 = 5, you can ask all the questions you want- but at the end of the day, you MUST give up the "silly idea" that "2 + 2 = 4."

It is whatever the leadership says that it is.

BERTRAND RUSSELL spoke about this- that students should be brainwashed- preferably with music- to believe that "SNOW IS BLACK," AND ANYONE SAYING THAT IT IS WHITE IS "CRAZY!"

[See: THE IMPACT OF SCIENCE ON SOCIETY, by Betrand Russell.]

When Mao Tse-Tung was a librarian, he attended a lecture by Atheist Bertrand Russell.

He then went on to become the second most brutal Atheistic Dictator the World would ever see.

60 million Christians died- "liquidated" as "Counter-Revolutionary Elements" by him.

The Soviet Union used the same method suggested by Bertrand Russell- actually, in that chapter, he even (without naming them,) praised them for using that method.

SO WHEN THE JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES SHOW UP, USING THE SAME ANTICHRISTIAN TECHNIQUE THAT THEY USED FOR DECADES TO SUBJUGATE THEIR OWN PEOPLE- WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO THINK IS REALLY GOING ON?

Would it not be obvious to them, that what they are witnessing (no pun intended- rrreally!) is an UNDERCOVER SUBVERSIVES CELL- such as they ran around the World for DECADES- and not a form of CHRISTIAN RELIGION at all?

Showbby28:

Another good one!

SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS ARE NOT REAL WOMEN, BUT CHEMICALLY-TREATED MEN.

This has been LEGAL by SUPREME COURT ORDER since 1975 (the RENEE RICHARDS CASE).

Men can have a "SEX-CHANGE" operation, and present themselves to the TENNIS ASSOCIATION as women, and use their masculine musclature to CHEAT the REAL women competitors- who are FORBIDDEN to PROTEST.

A Sports official was reprimanded for bitterly calling Venus and Serena "The Williams BROTHERS," after they defeated their people.

He was ordered to render a formal apology, and was suspended for two years.

Despite the Sex-Change, there are still anatomical differences- all of which cannot be covered up surgically.

A natural woman's abdomen indents above the navel, while a man's abdomen indents beneath the navel.

Therefore, for years, there were NEVER any photos of either Venus nor Serena NUDE, or wearing BIKINI'S or HALTER'S that showed the abdominal indent. In recent years, photoshopped pictures have begun coming out.

Serena's miraculous recovery from childbirth was remarked upon.

The truth is that HE was NEVER pregnant, but FAKED it, and ADOPTED the child- just like MICHAEL ROBINSON aka MICHELLE OBAMA- who is another secret transgendered artificial woman.

So the JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES are embracing Serena Williams as one of them.

That is a good excuse to never expose HIS body in public.

THE RUSSIAN INTELLIGENCE WILL HAVE PHOTOGRAPHIC AND DOCUMENTARY PROOF OF THE WILLIAMS BROTHERS' TRANSGENDER.

That is what they DO.

Therefore, they will see the JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES as a Western Propaganda Front, and not a BELIEVING CHRISTIAN CHURCH.

They will have various other evidences that they do not need to share publicly- but which they can use as Blackmail Leverage.

Showbby28:

WHEN THE RUSSIANS ARE FACED WITH CASE-AFTER-CASE OF JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES FLOUTING THE LAW OF THE LAND, WHAT IS IT THAT THEY ARE EXPECTED TO THINK?

According to LORD YESHUA'S COMMANDMENT: if a land does not want his Gospel, his followers are to dust off their clothes, AND LEAVE PEACEFULLY.

He never authorized his Disciples to STAY in a region that does not WANT them.

No one can pretend that THAT is FOLLOWING LORD YESHUA, but practicing SUBVERSION.

Showbby28:

I THINK THAT A GOVERNMENT IS FAR BETTER QUALIFIED TO TELL ITS CITIZENS WHAT THE LAW OF THE LAND IS, THAN ANY CITIZEN CAN POSSIBLY BE QUALIFIED TO TELL THEIR GOVERNMENT WHAT THE LAW IS!

That is why we have COURTS, JUDGES, and LAWYERS.

The Prosecutor says that the Defendant Broke the Law.

The Defendant says that they did not.

The Lawyers present their evidence supporting their cases, and the JURY decided who is right, and the Judge determines sentence.

Or, sometimes there is no JURY of PEERS, and the JUDGE ALONE decides.

THE SUPREME COURT OF RUSSIA DECLARED THAT THE JEHOVAH'S WITLESSES CHURCH IS WRONG.

The AMERICAN Governing Council tells the RUSSIAN Jehovah's Witlesses:

"TELL YOUR GOVERNMENT THAT THEY ARE WRONG!"

How does that make SENSE?

An AMERICAN Religious organization is claiming the RIGHT and EXPERTIZE to tell a FOREIGN GOVERNMENT that it does not know what it is doing.

It is claiming the RIGHT and EXPERTIZE to tell RUSSIAN CITIZENS that THEIR GOVERNMENT does not know what it is talking about!

Showbby28:

ALL THEY NEED IS PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP.

They were ORDERED by the RUSSIAN SUPREME COURT to DISBAND- and they did not disband.

They are COMMANDED by LORD YESHUA to LEAVE THE LAND IN WHICH THEY ARE NOT WANTED- and they have refused to do THAT for THE SON OF GOD.

In what Universe can the actions of the WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY be called SANE?

(1) (Reply)

Something You Need To Know About Water Baptism & Circumcision / Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams / Be On Ur Guard Brethen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.