Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Abia: Lawmaker Rebulds Schools,build Water Projects, Bursary Awards In 100 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia: Lawmaker Rebulds Schools,build Water Projects, Bursary Awards In 100 Days (480 Views)

Bandits Need Hospitals, Schools, Build It For Them’ – Sheikh Gumi Tells FG / Anambra State Government Tours Major Water Projects In The State-(photos) / Lai Muhammed Commissioned Irrigation And Water Projects Not A Borehole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia: Lawmaker Rebulds Schools,build Water Projects, Bursary Awards In 100 Days by chuksahamefule: 5:32pm On Sep 20, 2019
In a release via his social media handle which he captioned “100 Days down the line”. The lawmaker representing Umuahia South State constituency Barrister Jerry Uzosike has listed his 100 days in office achievements, the lawmaker who reeled out the projects through his Facebook handle said in keeping to his campaign promises of provision of potable water to his constituents he has completed the construction and reticulation of two water projects in the two major markets in Umuahia south, one in Ahiaukwu Olokoro market and the other in Apumiri Market which he also reticulated to serve round the markets, he also listed a number of other infrastructural projects that he has completed and more ongoing, he highlighted his legislative achievements within the first 100 days in office and promise to keep his doors open as he has always done, recall that honourable Uzosike had spent less than 6 months as a lawmaker in the ABHA.

Read Full Details……….

100 Days down the line..

Dearest Great people of umuahia South state Constituency, Good afternoon all.

I bring you greetings from my family and I.

It is 100 days already that I was sworn in to serve you at the House of Assembly.

May I First thank God Almighty who has kept us alive till today, Let His name be Praise.

I wish also to thank Great Umuahia south People, Stakeholders, Youths and women for your support so far, you are truly wonderful people.

My Thanks also goes to The Speaker of the 7th Assembly, my Big brother in Blood, Mr. Speaker and a great Son of Umuahia, Rt. Hon Engr. Chinedum Enyinnaya Orji IKUKU OMA ABIA, my Boss, for his guidance and love shown me in these eventful 100 days in office, also to my Colleagues in the 7TH House for the fraternity so far.

Thanks also to the Executive Governor of Abia state Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, for showing concern to Umuahia south state constituency since my emergence and approving and mobilizing the contractor for the Umuopara Ring Road and other Road constructions ongoing within my constituency. Your Excellency I am grateful.

However, notwithstanding that I was elected to make good laws, I did promise that I will not only make laws and go home, I promised Umuahia south people that I will serve them with all my strength.

By next week, when the House will resume I and some of my colleagues will be sponsoring about 3 Bills that will impart in the lives of Umuahia south people and the state at large.

I have also been very busy with the committee responsibility given to me and my colleagues by the House, the reports are ready to be laid at the floor of the House.

In fulfilling my campaign promises to Umuahia south people,

I did promise to provide a very clean water project in our 2 major markets that is Ahiaukwu olokoro market and Apumiri Market and reticulate the water in the market environs, the reason is to reduce the rate of infections arising from dirty vegetables, meats etc. that our people get from those markets due to lack of clean water.

I want to announce to u with Joy that as at today the two water projects has reached 80%completion.see pictures annexed.

Also, during campaign, I made a promise to rehabilitate Ehume primary school Hall which also serves as Ehume community Hall in Umuopara.

I can authoritatively inform my constituents that the Ehume project is 70% completed. Also see picture annexed.

All these are done within this past 100 days.

I also promised to maintain just one phone number and that it shall remain active always and that I shall answer your calls and give U attention.

By the Grace of God, I have been answering your calls, I have been there for you, and I have tried my best. I will even do more, God willing.

I have also attracted some School ASUPEB projects including at Egbelu umunwanwa and others now ongoing.

I have encouraged and helped our people where vacancies exist for employment,and many have been privileged

However, my people, I am not a chief Executive and my powers including financial and social are very limited, but I can assure u that I will always keep Umuahia south first.

In the days ahead, when am through with the present projects, others projects will follow.

I shall be having meetings with our youths in all clans, including students for mental reengineering .I shall be empowering our youths through craft and skill acquisition which is more enduring, and education through scholarships. I shall be helping our students at the high institutions who want to learn skill while on holidays to do so as it is in Ghana and other countries.

My promise for Bursary for Umuahia south students in Tertiary institutions will kick of first quarter of next year using Students of Umuahia south state constituency extraction in Abia state university, Abia state polytechnic and Michael Okpara University as pilot scheme.

Our law school students of our constituency will also receive bursary next year.

This I promised, that I will do, God on my side.

Finally my beloved constituents, as we move into the next 100days and beyond, please remember me in your prayers and keep on supporting the State Government and the Leadership of 7th Assembly.

Long live Umuahia south state constituency

Long live Abia state.

I shall count on your support.

Yours truly Jerry Uzosike

Omena hahaha

Re: Abia: Lawmaker Rebulds Schools,build Water Projects, Bursary Awards In 100 Days by Josnac(m): 5:56pm On Sep 20, 2019
So we should come and fry beans for substandard boreholes that will not last up to 3 full months??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Relationship With Late General Sanni Abacha (1) -satguru Maharaj Ji / Crack Down In APC, As Group Releases Osibanjo 2023 Campaign Banner / “We Will Survive this; They Don’t Want Us To Contest For 2023”- Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.