Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote (502 Views)

A Suggestion To All Nairalanders. Kindly Click & Read!! / What Is The Essence Of The Share Button? / How Has Nairaland Change Your Life Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 4:19am On Sep 21, 2019
This is a suggestion to Nairaland owners, admin and website programmers.

Kindly consider modifying the setup of this forum by removing and replacing the LIKE and SHARE buttons with UPVOTE and DOWNVOTE buttons respectively, similar to what is obtainable at Reddit and Quora.

This will go a long way to improve the quality of posts and contributions on this forum, as people get the chance every time to UPVOTE good, thoughtful, reasonable or modest posts, and to DOWNVOTE unsavoury, ill-considered, abusive or unscrupulous posts.

This is merely a request. Would be nice if it can be looked into.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 21, 2019
The observer at work grin

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by whizbee(m): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2019
I sincerely think this will make nairaland more helpful like when it was in it's prime at 2015

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Guest007:
The observer at work grin

Something tells me I know the lady behind this. Thank you.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2019
whizbee:
I sincerely think this will make nairaland more helpful like when it was in it's prime at 2015

Nairaland has really waned in its quality of contributions and discussions. For me it's mainly my local news aggregator. I merely come here to skim through headlines in order to quickly have get local trending news. However, what you get most times is non-newsworthy stories and other stuff that shouldn't even be posted let alone be in front-page.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by whizbee(m): 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Observer007:

Nairaland has really waned in its quality of contributions and discussions. For me it's mainly my local news aggregator. I merely come here to skim through headlines in order to quickly have get local trending news. However, what you get most times is non-newsworthy stories and other stuff that shouldn't even be posted let alone be in front-page.

that's why I used the word prime
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
whizbee:

that's why I used the word prime

I know. Wasn't opposing your stance.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
As expected, a post like this would find it hard to reach front page. Na real wa!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 22, 2019
Observer007:
As expected, a post like this would find it hard to reach front page. Na real wa!

Nairaland has an entertainment element as well. Reading comments and having a laugh is important and an unlike button would deter some people from commenting. The audience isn't the same audience as Reddit and Quora.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2019
Observer007:

Something tells me I know the lady behind this. Thank you.

Beer parlor/ashewo thread grin
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
Guest007:

Beer parlor/ashewo thread grin

Not a clue.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland: Change The Share Button To Downvote by Observer007(m): 4:15pm On Sep 22, 2019
Guest007:

Nairaland has an entertainment element as well. Reading comments and having a laugh is important and an unlike button would deter some people from commenting. The audience isn't the same audience as Reddit and Quora.

You have a point dear, but do you also realize that there are a whole lot more people staying away from this forum altogether because of the stuff that happens here often?

(1) (Reply)

See What Abashe Cow Rearers Did To A Farmer In Ekiti / Milestone Boards For Your Children By Craftsandgiftsng (Pics) / Felicitation To Prof. Kaniye Ebeku, Hon.victor D. Ekaro, Barr. Harvey Ideozu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.