Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize (731 Views)

Dave Bautista's New Look Got Fans Talking (Photos) / Adeyinka Alaseyori & Her Husband Dave Akinyemi Celebrate 6th Wedding Anniversary / Dave Ogbeni Reacts As Backlash Trails His "Happy Independence" Wish To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize by MrAnele(m): 7:57am On Sep 21, 2019
British-Nigerian rapper David Omoregie, popularly known as Dave, has won the 2019 Mercury Prize for his album Psychodrama.

The rapper was joined on stage by his mum as he collected the award.

He went on to dedicate the award to his brother Christopher "who inspired the album". His brother is serving a life sentence for murder.

"I want to thank my brother Christopher that inspired this album, this is your story that we told… I know you’re watching this bro and I’m so grateful”

According to BBC, Psychodrama was inspired by the therapy Christopher is receiving in prison, in which offenders role-play events from their past to help with rehabilitation; and finds the 21-year-old casting an eye over his own life to see what lessons he can learn.

The prestigious Mercury Prize, first established in 1992, is awarded annually for the best album in the UK by a British or Irish act and carries a £25,000 prize.

Source: https://listwand.com/british-nigerian-rapper-dave-wins-uks-2019-mercury-prize

Re: British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize by tstx(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Good for him
Re: British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize by PabloAndreas(m): 8:55am On Sep 21, 2019
I love his music
Re: British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize by MrAnele(m): 3:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
PabloAndreas:
I love his music

Same here
Re: British-nigerian Rapper 'dave' Wins Uk's 2019 Mercury Prize by PabloAndreas(m): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
MrAnele:

Same here
which ones u got...so i can download em

(1) (Reply)

Davido Club As A Married Man / #BBNAIJA: Ex Big Brother Housemate Avala Celebrates Her Birthday / Wizkid Grabs Tiwa Savage's Backside As They Share A Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.