Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. (5017 Views)

N2.1bn Arms Money Scandal: What I Know About EFCC Probe Of Dokpesi — Lawyer / Fire Guts FCT High Court’s Probate Section / Fire Guts Ebonyi House Of Assembly Complex (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by HighChief4(m): 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2010
THE Kano office of DAAR Communications Plc, owner of AIT/Raypower,  was, on Friday, gutted by fire, with equipment worth millions of naira destroyed.

The conflagration, which lasted for over three hours, however,  claimed no life and nobody was injured while it lasted.

Head of AIT in Kano, Alhaji Abdullahi Addy, who described the incident as sad and pathetic, said the fire started around 8.20a.m when the station was on transmission, saying “we just saw smoke from our studio, but it only affected the office at the sixth floor of the building.”

According to him, the incident was unfortunate, especially as political activities were gaining momentum all over the country,  saying  that the station will bounce back with more determination to please its numerous listeners and viewers in no time.

“We, however, thank God that this fire did not kill anybody and nobody was injured,” he stated.

Speaking during his sympathy call to the station, the former governor of Kano State, Senator Kabir Gaya, described the incident as unfortunate.

“We have been enjoying the programmes of AIT in Kano State and have benefitted a lot from the coverage that AIT is giving to us,” the senator stated.

Gaya, a member of the All Nigeria peoples Party (ANPP) in the National Assembly,  said “I commiserate with the leaders of the corporation for the loss and I want to tell the manager that every disappointment is a blessing,” praying Allah to give multiple blessing to the station.

“We, however, wish this incident will not deter you from re-establishing another station,” Gaya said.

He appealled to the management of the media outfit not to delay in coming back on air even through a mobile station pending the time repairs  are carried out.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/2419-fire-guts-dokpesis-ait-raypower-in-kano-.html
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by baslone: 5:11am On Nov 01, 2010
A.I.T and fire

All the time sha! shocked
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by 175(m): 8:31am On Nov 01, 2010
No wait a min! It was d handiwork of GEJ. Lol
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Coolabbie: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2010
baslone:

A.I.T and fire

All the time sha! shocked
just lyk siamese twins
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 01, 2010
I hope this is not arson ?
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by banom(m): 11:26am On Nov 01, 2010
175:

It was the the hand work of your fathers peni*s, hopeless animal, you are the reason Nigeria is backward. pathetic Idio*t
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by gregg2: 11:34am On Nov 01, 2010
@Banom
175 only joked. Don't abuse him.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by slap1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
banom:

It was the the hand work of your fathers peni*s, hopeless animal, you are the reason Nigeria is backward. pathetic Idio*t
You obviously have no sense of humour.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by seunmsg(m): 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2010

Why do you have to go dis far in attacking someone just because you dont like is comment. Its normal for all GEJ haters on NL to blame him for every little thing. Lets just be tolerant of others views.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by JUO(m): 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
society men and fire
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by kingwills(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2010
people are just trying to pull us down, but they can't succeed.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Odunnu: 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2010
Why does it always have to be Dokpesi?
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by okeyxyz(m): 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
175:

lol @ u
but seriously, i hope dis is not fire wit political origins.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
High_Chief:

“We have been enjoying the programmes of AIT in Kano State and have benefitted a lot from the coverage that AIT is giving to us,” the senator stated.

can someone ask this aboki when he last watched a local station?
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Odunnu: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
Odunnu:

yeah, every few months to election
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by missionma(m): 1:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
God have mercy, i worry worry o.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by gidson12(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
hope its not political sha,
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by abenelo: 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2010

He loves been in d news

IBB and dokpesi will do anything to get sympathy votes, the man is an evil genuis he can manipulate anything
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by comechop(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
banom:

YOU are the reason Nigeria is backwards
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by tyson55(m): 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hmmm, I smell a foul play here. Just my thought tongue
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Adanora: 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2010
u must be crazy, go check ur brain, its faulty
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by orgasm(m): 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
why Ait again? After series of fire incidences d mgt should hv by now perfected measures and mechanism to guide against fire outbreak.first one could be termed accident y subsequent ones lik dis one is gross irresponsibility and recklessness.dnt want to blive is politically motivated.even if dats d case,d security dept has a question mark
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Adanora: 1:32pm On Nov 01, 2010

cos he is careless
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Youngichou(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2010
Adanora:

cos he is careless
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Ultrame(m): 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
banom:

^^^^^
You've got ZERO sense of humour. Even a slowpoke will sense 175's sarcasm from a mile away.

@ Topic, i dont see any political undertone here, the fire has 'natural' written all over it.

Meanwhile, I dont believe any arsonist (political or otherwise) will start a fire when AIT staffers are at work.

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by HamidO1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
There's nothing political about this, AIT is not new to such fire outbreaks. Can't help but wonder if the management of AIT has taking any proactive measures to curtail such happening again. I guess Dokpesi is too busy wasting time and fooling around with IBB in the name of running a campaign organisation. Dokpesi is already an enemy of Nigeria for supporting IBB and I have no sympathy whatsoever for him and AIT as a whole.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by HamidO1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
banom:

For what now? Do you know what LOL means? the guy was only joking. na wa o
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by teeboyseve(m): 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ok they need us to contribute our money for AIT again? Never, not again. Every time fire fire fire.
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by daroz(m): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
He who leaves with the gun will surely die by the gun. That is one of the benefit of dining with the evil genius. More is yet to come
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hamid O:

For what now? Do you know what LOL means? the guy was only joking. na wa o
education him pls
Re: Fire Guts Dokpesi’s Ait, Raypower In Kano. by 1025: 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
yes, like obasanjo said in 2007, 2011 is going to be another do or die affair. 2007 was drop ur presidential ambition or face efcc who knows this time, it cld be say no to jonathan and face fire.
we must also remember that because orji uzor kalu was not loyal to obasanjo, his airline, slok air was refused lisence to operate here in nigeria so who will be surprised if ait offices are going to face fire here and there for dokpesi's open oposition.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dialogue With A Critic - By Sls, 2001 / Biafra Shirt How Sweet It Looks. / Buratai's Convoy (funny Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.