Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Goals Will Come, Says Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Goals Will Come, Says Mikel (1027 Views)

Oliseh Says Mikel Obi Snubbed Him In London / Costa Concedes Goals Will Dry Up / I Never Knew Mikel Could Score Goals - Mourinho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by HighChief4(m): 12:00am On Nov 01, 2010
Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel says he’s playing in his best position this season.

The Nigeria international has been outstanding this term.

He told chelseafc.com, “This position is now my position. This is where I love to play and where I feel most conformable playing. I just want to keep playing here now and keep improving.

“I know people want to see more of my attacking football, but with the kind of club I play for you have to do more for the side than just attacking.”

Mikel believes the goals will soon start coming and says the match against Inter Milan last term was his best since he arrived Chelsea.

“Hopefully you will get some goals from me; I just want to keep playing well and with the way I am playing hopefully goals will come. Maybe there‘ll be one or two, we‘ll see what happens.

“There have been loads, but I guess last season’s game against Inter Milan in Italy was a really good game. The way I played was greatm but that is a tough one for me to answer because I feel I have played well quite a few times, at least I hope I have.”
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by Radiant(f): 1:14am On Nov 01, 2010
You've just realised that you're a footballer after how many years
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by Fadajasi(m): 1:29am On Nov 01, 2010
Leave am oh, the guy na anchor man for chelsea, how many goals did makelele score for chelsea in his career?
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by Radiant(f): 1:51am On Nov 01, 2010
Lol. . .Mikel, Anchorman? wink
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by 12large1: 2:21am On Nov 01, 2010
and wetin be alex song 3 goals already this season
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by HighChief4(m): 2:24am On Nov 01, 2010
12large1:

Maybe thats why Arsenal has shipped in more goals this season than Chelsea, Mikel is a Defensive Midfielder 4 christ sake and he is doing that just pretty well. You can judge Drogba and co for how many goals they have scored.
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by Radiant(f): 2:34am On Nov 01, 2010
What of John Terry?
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by HighChief4(m): 2:43am On Nov 01, 2010
Radiant:

What of John Terry?

Yeah Terry is there and doing well too, but you know Ashley Cole is always going forward and also Ivanovic from the right flank so Mikel always stays put to cover up for them. Secondly Chelsea defend from the Midfield and Mikel is doing the job very well
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by 1025: 11:01am On Nov 01, 2010
@12large1,
anchormen are not judged by how many goals they score rather how many they conceed. alex song can be compared with zidane, pele, messi, maradonna and other great footballers of this life but certainly not makalele.

You've just realised that you're a footballer after how many years
@Radiant,
as a woman, u shld be thinking of how u can be the lucky one. have u seen mikel's house/kicthen? don't u think u will do well running things in that kitchen?
chelsea as a team has scored more goals and conceeded fewer than any other team in the epl since last season till date. chelsea is not lacking in the area of goal scoring and our defence is water tight and the best in epl. wether u like what mikel is doing or not, no one cares. u don't mean to take panadol for another man's headache.
thos who employ mikel and those who pay his weekly salaries are in love with what he is doing so why are u this worried?
ppl were complaining that mourinho plays defensive football and today, chelsea has a coach that hand in goals like anything so we do what we can to take the trophies home. u talk like a frustrated arsenal fan. 5 seasons, no trophy and u are happy. beautiful football that does not yield trophy is useless.
song was there when chelsea did arsenal home and away last season. he was also there when chelsea destroyed them 2-0 this season. song was there when west brom made a mess of arsenal in emirates stadium.
u can take ur frsutrations to somewhere else as mikel no send u.
we want to be winning and that is what we have been doing not minding who the goal scorers are. if mikel score, good and if he no score, we no care as long as he brings calm and peace to our dangerious back 4 and our untroubled petr cech.
last season that we won the premier league, we lost at aston villa and drew at blackburn and this season, we drew at aston villa and won at blackburn so that is an addition to our record as we remain 5 points clear on top of the table.
Re: Goals Will Come, Says Mikel by calyx: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
High_Chief:

Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel says he’s playing in his best position this season.

The Nigeria international has been outstanding this term.

He told chelseafc.com, “This position is now my position. This is where I love to play and where I feel most conformable playing. I just want to keep playing here now and keep improving.

“I know people want to see more of my attacking football, but with the kind of club I play for you have to do more for the side than just attacking.”

Mikel believes the goals will soon start coming and says the match against Inter Milan last term was his best since he arrived Chelsea.

“Hopefully you will get some goals from me; I just want to keep playing well and with the way I am playing hopefully goals will come. Maybe there‘ll be one or two, we‘ll see what happens.

There have been loads, but I guess last season’s game against Inter Milan in Italy was a really good game. The way I played was greatm but that is a tough one for me to answer because I feel I have played well quite a few times, at least I hope I have.
I kindda like the modesty in this response

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Claim African Record With Ethiopia Win / (PHOTOS) Brazil 2014: Official World Cup Ball Is Unveiled. The Ball Is Called……. / Kelechi Iheanacho Is The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.