Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,112 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) (1522 Views)

Solomon Oboh Commits Suicide, Wills Mobile Phone To Girlfriend / Man Dies On Top Of A Palm Tree In Imo State (Disturbing Photos) / Man Dies After Pole Falls On Him While Attempting To Steal Electric Cables. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by GistUpdates: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
A man has drowned attempting to propose to his girlfriend underwater during their “once-in-a-lifetime” holiday.

Steven Weber dived into the ocean to pop the question to Kenesha Antoine through the window of their submerged cabin in Tanzania.

Video footage shows Mr Weber pressing a piece of paper against the glass with the message: “Will you please be my wife?”

He then opened a ring box before swimming up out of view towards the surface.

Ms Antoine, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, posted the film on Facebook on Friday morning with her response: ”Yes! Yes! Yes!”

However a few hours later she revealed that he “never emerged from those depths” to hear her answer.

“We never got to embrace and celebrate the beginning of the rest of our lives together, as the best day of our lives turned into the worst, in the cruellest twist of fate imaginable,” she wrote.

“I will try to take solace in the fact that we enjoyed the most amazing bucket list experiences these past few days, and that we both were so happy and absolutely giddy with excitement in our final moments together.”

Ms Antoine, a lawyer, added: “You were a bright light to everyone you encountered.
You never met a stranger, and you brought so much joy to so many people. You were kind, compassionate, you regularly made me cry with laughter, and you showered me with a love like none I’d ever experienced.”

She also wrote that a few days earlier he had described the holiday as a “once in a once-in-a-lifetime thing that people want to experience before they die”.

“I will find you and marry you in the next lifetime, and the next, and the next, and the next,” added Ms Antoine. ”I love you so much, and I always will.”

The couple were staying at a resort on Pemba Island off the coast of East Africa.
An official at the US Department of State said they were aware of the death of a US citizen in Tanzania.

“We offer our sincerest condolences to the family on their loss,” a spokesperson said.

“We stand ready to provide all appropriate consular assistance.”

See more photos; http://gistmore.com/man-drowns-attempting-to-propose-to-girlfriend-underwater

Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
Madness will never leave some idiots, it's already sealed in their gene
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
As if taking that step would guarantee a lifelong marriage. What happened to simply taking her to a private place, having a nice romantic chat and then taking the shot?
Something has definitely taken over the minds of people to do unthinkable things. It's spreading across the world. This isn't funny anymore.

Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by chariisGRACE(m): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
EXTREME MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
How people go extreme for common things baffles me.

Just go down on one knee
Open the ring box
Bring out the ring
Slide it down her finger.
We for no hear story, but he chose to go extreme.

Anyways RIP
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Onyi22(f): 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
So pathetic, may his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by danny56: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mitcheeew.... Men with too much of drama just to propose to a lady that may be double dating. cry
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by GistUpdates: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Romeo has died for Juliet in Tanzania. ...
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
some men just like unnecessary drama sha...just to propose they will be acting Nollywood drama

All just for social media likes and retweets
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Gistformant: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by Abeymills(m): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Eeediiioootttt
Re: Man Dies Attempting To Propose To Girlfriend Underwater (Photos) by OmoOshodi(m): 9:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Which kind mumu be this

Awon blogger blogger!!!(in Teni's voice)

Carry her enter room...Nack her correct akpako...then ask her if she go marry you when she's yet to recover from the multiple climax

Nonsense!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Was Raped At Age 11 Till I Got To 16 Years By Different Men - Lady Cry Out / Nigerian Man Pursue A Man Who Snatched Bread From Him In Lagos. PHOTOS / How I Was Deceived With Job Opportunity, Kidnapped And Raped – Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.