Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? (8325 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / Relocating To Senegal With Family / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
Pls help a brother.
Am a designer by profession and i need guide on how to reach Senegal by Road.
Can I get direct bus from Lagos?.I just want to learn the Senegalese embroidery on fabrics for six weeks.Pls I need information on accommodation and costs of living in Darker for maximum of six weeks.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by psucc(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
I think you need to make some enquiry from the place you get to learn the trade on accommodation and cost of living there and then get to Lagos to find out how you will get there. In fact the easiest way out is car bonnet sha!

Abeg whenever you land there try to explore grounds, my phone and my fingers want put me for trouble, they are always "insulting" Buhari and I no want go jail.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Niyeal(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
You can use airways
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Hopez456(m): 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
I doubt you can get a direct bus from Lagos. You need to get to either Ghana or Benin republic then connect other countries like cote'dvoire from there senegal. Just my thinking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by umbo: 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
d journey is easy and u need someone who has done it before are u on whatsapp ?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
umbo:
d journey is easy and u need someone who has done it before
are u on whatsapp ?

If you got anything to add bro drop it here. No whatsapp convo needed. Baik

11 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 10:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
psucc:
I think you need to make some enquiry from the place you get to learn the trade on accommodation and cost of living there and then get to Lagos to find out how you will get there. In fact the easiest way out is car bonnet sha!

Abeg whenever you land there try to explore grounds, my phone and my fingers want put me for trouble, they are always "insulting" Buhari and I no want go jail.
thanks guy
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hopez456:
I doubt you can get a direct bus from Lagos. You need to get to either Ghana or Benin republic then connect other countries like cote'dvoire from there senegal. Just my thinking
thanks,benin rep may be better.But I will also check if it's possible to get Senegal from Togo. My friend buy and sale shoes in Togo,He Will do just that for me
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 11:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Acme45:
thanks,benin rep may be better.But I will also check if it's possible to get Senegal from Togo. My friend buy and sale shoes in Togo,He Will do just that for me
pls anyone with current info on cost of living for now in Senegal?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by GMbuharii: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Acme45:

I once went to Togo by road and one of the passengers was actually heading for cote da'voire. We boarded from mile2, Lagos. So maybe you might have to find your way to either Ghana or ivory coast and from there get a ride to Senegal.
But though I doubt it,but try Togo.
Make enquiries 1st @ mile int'l park if you are in Lagos,bon voyage
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Pls which bank or master card in Nigeria today that operates or can be use for daily transaction Senegal?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by doctore212(m): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Acme45:
Olosho is very cheap.
The best days are on Wednesday go to new life hotel at Ikpuocha road, you will see white house hotel, just with 2k equivalent in Naija currency you can bleep oyibo Olosho.

My brother life is very cheap.

Have been in Senegal for 15 years and am not planing of coming back. Since I discovered that hotel, I have been a happier dude.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
GMbuharii:

I once went to Togo by road and one of the passengers was actually heading for cote da'voire. We boarded from mile2, Lagos. So maybe you might have to find your way to either Ghana or ivory coast and from there get a ride to Senegal.thanks
But though I doubt it,but try Togo.
Make enquiries 1st @ mile int'l park if you are in Lagos,bon voyage
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
doctore212:

Olosho is very cheap.
The best days are on Wednesday go to new life hotel at Ikpuocha road, you will see white house hotel, just with 2k equivalent in Naija currency you can bleep oyibo Olosho.

Have been in Senegal for 15 years and am not planing of coming back. Since I discovered that hotel, I have been a happier dude.
pls accommodation for six weeks maximum and feeding not how to get olosho pls

12 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
doctore212:

Olosho is very cheap.

is there Ecobank in Senegal or which Bank master card can make use of?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by KendrickAyomide: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Acme45:
pls accommodation for six weeks maximum and feeding not how to get olosho pls
na woman matter hold that one for life. Not hustling. Misplaced priority

4 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 11:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
doctore212:

Olosho is very cheap.

Inside Life

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 12:03am On Sep 22, 2019
KendrickAyomide:
na woman matter hold that one for life. Not hustling. Misplaced priority
correct
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2019
Acme45:
correct
pls any Nigerian in Senegal for now?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Google63(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2019
Acme45:
pls any Nigerian in Senegal for now?
I was in Dakar in April, and I'll tell you the cost of living there is very high. From taxi fares to food etc. Their immigration officers at the airport are very corrupt too. Just go with as much money as you can for the two weeks.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 10:19am On Sep 22, 2019
Google63:
I was in Dakar in April, and I'll tell you the standard of living there is very high. From taxi fares to food etc. Their immigration officers at the airport are very corrupt too. Just go with as much money as you can for the two weeks.
thanks, I will need accommodation for six weeks and feeding. How can know how much to go with.apart from darker is there any other good city to learn embroidery?
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 10:23am On Sep 22, 2019
umbo:
d journey is easy and u need someone who has done it before
are u on whatsapp ?
yes, pls give me you degit
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by joinnow: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2019
Theyoung can get you to ivory coast then to Senegal

Or ask Africaeagle if they run direct to Senegal from mazamaza.
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 1:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
joinnow:
Theyoung can get you to ivory coast then to Senegal

Or ask Africaeagle if they run direct to Senegal from mazamaza.
thanks for your contribution
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Google63(m): 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
Acme45:
thanks, I will need accommodation for six weeks and feeding. How can know how much to go with.apart from darker is there any other good city to learn embroidery?
I don't know about embroidery, I only went there for a conference and I spent just 2 days. If you can find out any other city apart from Dakar that you can learn it, it'll be cool. Do you speak French? Prepare to eat a lot of bread too, as all they have around there are boulangeries.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by stagger: 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
Acme45:

My brother, I have stayed in Almadies for a few weeks so I can tell you plainly: cost of living in Senegal is much higher than in Nigeria. Everything is denominated in Euros and charged in CFA accordingly.

The first shocker was being asked to pay $10 by an immigration officer whom I engaged with to tell me where to wait as we got in there by 2.30am.

Second shocker was when I paid 25,000 CFA to go from the Blaise Diagne airport into town (N17,250) at the time. N17,000 for airport taxi? Hmm.

To stay in hotel, you pay a tourist's tax of 1,000 CFA per day. Everything is just on the upside: food, drinks, transport, etc. Plenty of Europeans in the country and that is what is driving up costs. Moreover, if you do not speak French or Wolof, sorry for you.

On the flip side, the people are nice. The place is safe: you hardly see AK-47 totting police on the road. Plenty of tourist spots. Plenty of Igbo guys too: very noisy and loud in their ways.

There is Ecobank there. My Payoneer MasterCard worked very well. You can pull out equivalent of 100,000CFA at once so it saves you on fees.

But if you do not have money or you are not going there for business, forget that place.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2019
U can learn Embroidery in Nigeria . Why stress your self

2 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 4:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tina26:
U can learn Embroidery in Nigeria . Why stress your self
am already a guru in embroidery but I just want to embrace the Senegalese design that's all,thanks

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2019
Google63:
I don't know about embroidery, I only went there for a conference and I spent just 2 days. If you can find out any other city apart from Dakar that you can learn it, it'll be cool. Do you speak French? Prepare to eat a lot of bread too, as all they have around there are boulangeries.
can't I get Nigerian food or cook on my own? Because how do one survives on bread alone for six weeks
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by stagger: 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
Acme45:
can't I get Nigerian food or cook on my own? Because how do one survives on bread alone for six weeks

Guy, you have to switch your tastes oo.
Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Google63(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
stagger:

My brother, I have stayed in Almadies for a few weeks so I can tell you plainly: cost of living in Senegal is much higher than in Nigeria. Everything is denominated in Euros and charged in CFA accordingly.

The first shocker was being asked to pay $10 by an immigration officer whom I engaged with to tell me where to wait as we got in there by 2.30am.

Second shocker was when I paid 25,000 CFA to go from the Blaise Diagne airport into town (N17,250) at the time. N17,000 for airport taxi? Hmm.

To stay in hotel, you pay a tourist's tax of 1,000 CFA per day. Everything is just on the upside: food, drinks, transport, etc. Plenty of Europeans in the country and that is what is driving up costs. Moreover, if you do not speak French or Wolof, sorry for you.

On the flip side, the people are nice. The place is safe: you hardly see AK-47 totting police on the road. Plenty of tourist spots. Plenty of Igbo guys too: very noisy and loud in their ways.

There is Ecobank there. My Payoneer MasterCard worked very well. You can pull out equivalent of 100,000CFA at once so it saves you on fees.

But if you do not have money or you are not going there for business, forget that place.

OP he has explained everything. I passed through a similar experience too. I begged the Immigration thiefs at their airport to collect 7k cfa when they insisted on 10k. Cab from the airport to the hotel I lodged was 25k cfa. I spent about 70k naira in 2 days on just transport, hotel and bread. The place is safe, I got to my hotel around 3:30am with peace of mind and no harrassment.

I'll advise you go with about 300k excluding your training fee if you don't want to be stranded there. Just load the money in an Ecobank account, you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Direct Bus To Senegal From Lagos? by Acme45: 7:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
Google63:

OP he has explained everything. I passed through a similar experience too. I begged the Immigration thiefs at their airport to collect 7k cfa when they insisted on 10k. Cab from the airport to the hotel I lodged was 25k cfa. I spent about 70k naira in 2 days on just transport, hotel and bread. The place is safe, I got to my hotel around 3:30am with peace of mind and no harrassment.

I'll advise you go with about 300k excluding your training fee if you don't want to be stranded there. Just load the money in an Ecobank account, you'll be fine.
thanks a million brother,will that 300k be enough for six weeks feeding and accommodation?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Texas. . . . / List Of Best Country To Live In The World - UN Development Index As At Dec. 2015 / If Given 1.3 Million Naira To Leave Nigeria Now, Where Will You Travel To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.