Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? (1989 Views)

7 Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria / The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria / Top 7 Most Beautiful Campuses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
University of Lagos

University of Lagos is the institution where things happen and dreams come true. A prestigious university with a perfect blend of academics with exciting social activities, UNILAG is the most liberal university in Nigeria. It has consecutively produced the highest number of first class lawyers called to bar in previous years and consecutively, the best mathematics students in Nigeria. The saying ‘all that glitters aren’t gold’ must have emanated from this home beauty where all appears to be rosy. UNILAG is the school artistes want to be, her student are those artists want to entertain. Every other person considers this school as the first point of contact to students and is where they all want to visit. UNILAG is indeed the desire of many Nigerians.

Obafemi Awolowo University
Africa’s most beautiful campus is an old slogan you must have heard from students or alumni of Great Ife. A lover of beautiful thing knows Ile Ife is a place to be, either as a tourist or student. OAU is one of the safest campus in Nigeria where you walk at midnight as if it were non. The sensational school anthem which explicitly states what the Great Ife students stand for is recited by many who have fallen in low with the school and its operation. To many, it doesn’t even matter whether it’s the slowest or fastest, what matters is its Great Ife. Theirs is certainly only one great Ife in the universe, another is a counterfeit.

Ahmadu Bello University
This is the first choice of many northerners and Nigerians at large. The ancestral home of many politicians and arguably the largest university institution of sub-Sahara Africa. ABU appears to be the school that enjoy government intervention the most in Nigeria. It’s home of many southerners one of the best in Nigeria. ABU is the most liberal university in northern Nigeria.

University of Ilorin
University of Ilorin has a clear track record of being the only government owned university that has run 18 years without a day strike. Parents who would not waste their children’s time by a second wouldn’t think twice before selecting it for their children. Many prospective students also are obsessed with the idea of getting a free iPad upon resumption and are usually anxious to resume. Many who might not like the school for technically paralyzing union activities of lecturer and students would deny their love for an ASUU-free institution.

University of Nigeria
UNN is the king of the east. Graduates and students wouldn’t mind rubbing it on your face how much of lions and lionesses they are. It’s the only university named after Nigeria, holds a good reputation among schools and has successful alumni singing its praise everywhere.

University of Ibadan
UI is arguably the best university in Nigeria. It has consecutively lead the back on many index and has maintained standard. While many candidates drift away due to low chances of getting in based on policies such as admitting only 3,500 undergraduate students yearly and high competition, many Nigerians know exactly where the crème de la crème of Nigeria go. The home of serenity, lovely environment and a place to see in Nigeria.

Covenant University
Covenant university is the only private owned university that beats others by a landslide. It has soar to compete favourably in ranking with the big boys’ institution in Nigeria. A coordinated arrangement, high turnout of first class graduates yearly and smooth academic calendar put it in the spotlight. While many candidates might shy away from an institution with many extreme rules for adults and would want some air of freedom as enjoyed in government owned schools, their parents on the other hand feel it’s the best place to shape, reshape and put their children on the right track.

Many universities in Nigeria are a no-go area. Some would begin harassment from the gate by searching everything you have on you. At some schools, tension rising and daily and polies upon policies aimed at crippling social activities in the guise promoting academics. At the end of the day, it’s these institutions that manage to strike a balance that still lead the pack in academics and other of endeavours.

The polytechnic version would follow soon.

1 Like

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Godwin2am(m): 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
I AIM THESE UNIVERSITY BUT AFTER MY WAEC I WAS NOT FINACIALLY STABLE I MOVED TO NOUN: NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY; THEIR COURSE MATERIA ON COMPUTER STILL TALK ABOUT WINDOW 97WITH POOR ONLINE STUDIES
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Godwin2am:
I AIM THESE UNIVERSITY BUT AFTER MY WAEC I WAS NOT FINACIALLY STABLE I MOVED TO NOUN: NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY; THEIR COURSE MATERIA ON COMPUTER STILL TALK ABOUT WINDOW 97WITH POOR ONLINE STUDIES
grin But all of them except CU are cheap. The one that might cost you more due to higher standard of living might be Unilag.

4 Likes

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by culf: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
unijos ought to be there
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
culf:
unijos ought to be there

Be there doing what?

1 Like

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
culf:
unijos ought to be there
It shouldn't at all, I was expecting University of Benin

3 Likes

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Inasmuch you wrote a good article, there is a flaw in your rating. It is either you used perceived view or your own view to rate those schools. It would have been better you stated the most sorted universities in Nigeria and add source . Jamb website should be a reference link
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by XINOIX: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Don't forget UNIMAID
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Oblongata: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
Back in the days when we talked about desired universities, you aligned them with courses which the graduates excelled the most, not just buildings

Ife was engineering

Law was LASU

Medicine was UI

Arts was UNILAG

Business was unilorin.

Etc

It is no doubt that covenant is the most desired university in Nigeria now

They have facility for making research, this is the bases universities are ranked...

Most of our federal institutions have outdated books as well as academicians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 22, 2019
Oblongata:
Back in the days when we talked about desired universities, you aligned them with courses which the graduates excelled the most, not just buildings

Ife was engineering

Law was LASU

Medicine was UI

Arts was UNILAG

Business was unilorin.

Etc

They have facility for making research, this is the bases universities are ranked...

Truth. Raw, blunt, undiluted truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by oz4real83(m): 5:14am On Sep 22, 2019
And you didn't add UNIBEN which should have been number 1 on that list Just ask your people how many times they applied for admission in uniben before finally settling for the school they attended/attending now.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 22, 2019
asuustrike1:
Inasmuch you wrote a good article, there is a flaw in your rating. It is either you used perceived view or your own view to rate those schools. It would have been better you stated the most sorted universities in Nigeria and add source . Jamb website should be a reference link
I've been around for a while now. The most sort after university might not be the most desired one by many Nigerians. Many Nigerians might like their children in CU but would eventually send them to IMSU for financial reasons. Some would like UI but know their chances are slim because the requirements are stringent. They choose where is easier to pull a string. I've studied schooling in Nigeria over so many years and know for a fact that many people desire other schools but shy away due to personal reasons.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 22, 2019
Oblongata:

Ife was engineering

Law was LASU

Medicine was UI

Arts was UNILAG

Business was unilorin.

Etc

Candidates don't desire schools based on which one makes the most research. Many of them don't even know. You obviously didn't read the article. For someone like me, I wouldn't even consider CU for a second. I wouldn't be locked up somewhere and controlled like a robot for 4 years. Those years mean more to me.

1 Like

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 22, 2019
oz4real83:
And you didn't add UNIBEN which should have been number 1 on that list Just ask your people how many times they applied for admission in uniben before finally settling for the school they attended/attending now.

A second generation government owned school would queue.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Oblongata: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2019
BananaTree:

Candidates don't desire schools based on which one makes the most research. Many of them don't even know. You obviously didn't read the article. For someone like me, I wouldn't even consider CU for a second. I wouldn't be locked up someone and controlled like a robot for 4 years. Those years mean more to me.
my brother

Covenant university is a destination for many international students. They recently increased the fees of non-Nigerians. If you talk of most desired in Nigeria, then you are referring to the rest of the world, not just Nigerians.

Covenant university’s rating is higher than every other in west Africa. It is in top 7 in the whole africa. It is a prospective destination for international students
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 22, 2019
Oblongata:
my brother

Covenant university is a destination for many international students. They recently increased the fees of non-Nigerians. If you talk of most desired in Nigeria, then you are referring to the rest of the world, not just Nigerians.

Covenant university’s rating is higher than every other in west Africa. It is in top 7 in the whole africa. It is a prospective destination for international students

The attached pictures are the recent THE ranking stat of both CU and UI. You can see the percentage of international students yourself.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/covenant-university

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/university-ibadan

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by SPLENDID25(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2019
XINOIX:
Don't forget UNIMAID
because of what actually? their reduced JAMB point?
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by culf: 8:23am On Sep 22, 2019
asuustrike1:
It shouldn't at all, I was expecting University of Benin
it should, honestly
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2019
OP, u just listed the best schools though nt in particular order. well let me rearrange it cos of next time.
unilag
ui
oau
abu
unn
cu
unilorin
.p.s: this is based on criteria that determine the best
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 22, 2019
Remove covenant and add uniben, what is uniilorin doing there?
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Oblongata: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2019
BananaTree:

The attached pictures are the recent THE ranking stat of both CU and UI. You can see the percentage of international students yourself.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/covenant-university

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/university-ibadan

Yes I am aware...

I didn’t say ‘prospective’ for nothing.

with the recent ranking of CU it is bound to be a destination for prospective international student.

Recently CU increased the fees of international students, that says a lot!

Bye
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2019
Oblongata:

Yes I am aware...

I didn’t say ‘prospective’ for nothing.

with the recent ranking of CU it is bound to be a destination for prospective international student.

Recently CU increased the fees of international students, that says a lot!

Bye

Lol. Bye.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by nlPoster: 10:48am On Sep 22, 2019
Oblongata:

Ife was engineering

Law was LASU

Medicine was UI

Arts was UNILAG

Business was unilorin.

Etc

I might be biased, but all of these are actually Ife, especially Arts.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Ikegift4real(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2019
We have two universities in Nigeria,
University of Nigeria Nsukka
and
Others grin .
Super lions and lionesses let's gather here. (Ekpo ref grin)
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
nairalandposter:

I might be biased, but all of these are actually Ife, especially Arts.

Has OAU gotten back it's lost law accreditation? I think the guy just wanted LASU on his list because that school doesn't come come on any index.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by nlPoster: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
BananaTree:

Has OAU gotten back it's lost law accreditation?

Seems not, I had forgotten about that.

With the accreditation, OAU should top the list, together with some other universities.
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
What of EKPOMA..?
Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by KrazzyAndy(m): 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2019
EVILFOREST:
What of EKPOMA..?
E dey evil forest wink

Re: Are These The 7 Most Desired Universities In Nigeria? by WoeBetide666: 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
Covenant University? Desired? By parents probably

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Lifecam Hd-3000 Webcam For Waec Registration / When Is Oau Post Ume Coming Up? I Need To Know: / Masters Degree Programme In It At Lautech,maryland Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.