Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 (1607 Views)

Soludo: This Nonsense Must Stop, Citizens Must Take Power - Aisha Yesufu / Osun Election: Why PDP Leaders Protested At INEC Headquarters – Keyamo / 10 Reasons Why PDP May Win The Governorship Election In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 9:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
It seems the thought of a Yoruba man becoming president is something that has been giving so many people sleepless night. Particularly, the don't want to hear Osibanjo's name and are the once pushing for Tinubu presidency so as to give credence to their Islamic agenda theory. The reassure themselves everyday with wishes that Buhari will seek a third term, that the north will not relinquish power in in 2023 and how the north are power mongers. For one, Buhari will not seek a third term. Nobody wants to be like Obasanjo and it is not in the person of Muhammadu Buhari to pursue such a dishonorable course. Those who see him as a tyrant, jihadist etc etc will however never understand this.
Secondly, there are several northern politicians in the APC who wish to become president in 2023, but this is only a wish as the structures of the party is firmly in Tinubu's hands and Buhari himself will not back a northerner.
On the issue of north and south, the last elections was between two notherners, Atiku and Buhari. In the North however, Atiku was percieved as a southern candidate mainly because of his support base and his allies. As it is now, any candidate the PDP presents 2023 is a southern candidate and any candidate from the Buhari camp is the northern candidate. Besides that, there is no powerful candidate in the north that the pdp will present at the moment except maybe Kwankwaso. Whatever it is, APC will get majority votes in all APC states in the 19 northern states in 2023 presidential elections.

On a final note, if you were so sure Atiku won elections this year but was rigged out, please and please don't comment because you know nothing about Nigerian politics.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Jetrue3oo: 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
This one na south African talk and politics
From bafanabafana
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
Jetrue3oo:
This one na south African talk and politics
From bafanabafana
You are a wailer abi
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Nigeria2040: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
Op suffer no dey taya u?
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by richie240: 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
hmmm. Deep.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Duplik8t77(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
So we should expect Apc to rule forever? But after next level, it should be game over na. Or there will be another level?
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by richie240: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Duplik8t77:
So we should expect Apc to rule forever? But after next level, it should be game over na. Or there will be another level?
Let Nigerians bother themselves at that.
Excz me sir, are u a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
Duplik8t77:
We just want good governance.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by EricBloodAxe: 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
All these newspaper stand political opinions that's discussed by molue drivers, okada riders and wheelbarrow pushers. Very myopic dissection.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
What is wrong with the youths of this nation?
How can you people start talking about an election that is 4 years away when this government is not even performing?
Is like you people are not tired of being a laughing stock among other nations?
SMH
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Johnnyessence(m): 2:29am On Sep 22, 2019
BafanaBafana:
It seems the thought of a Yoruba man becoming president is something that has been giving so many people sleepless night. Particularly, the don't want to hear Osibanjo's name and are the once pushing for Tinubu presidency so as to give credence to their Islamic agenda theory. The reassure themselves everyday with wishes that Buhari will seek a third term, that the north will not relinquish power in in 2023 and how the north are power mongers. For one, Buhari will not seek a third term. Nobody wants to be like Obasanjo and it is not in the person of Muhammadu Buhari to pursue such a dishonorable course. Those who see him as a tyrant, jihadist etc etc will however never understand this.
Secondly, there are several northern politicians in the APC who wish to become president in 2023, but this is only a wish as the structures of the party is firmly in Tinubu's hands and Buhari himself will not back a northerner.
On the issue of north and south, the last elections was between two notherners, Atiku and Buhari. In the North however, Atiku was percieved as a southern candidate mainly because of his support base and his allies. As it is now, any candidate the PDP presents 2023 is a southern candidate and any candidate from the Buhari camp is the northern candidate. Besides that, there is no powerful candidate in the north that the pdp will present at the moment except maybe Kwankwaso. Whatever it is, APC will get majority votes in all APC states in the 19 northern states in 2023 presidential elections.

On a final note, if you were so sure Atiku won elections this year but was rigged out, please and please don't comment because you know nothing about Nigerian politics.
As if you get Ph.D in Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by allthingsgood: 5:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Very very true. I laugh when I hear some ignorant folks saying atiku defeated buhari. That's the most useless lie wailers can swallow themselves. Pdp is a dead party. The next president will be determined by tinubu, apc and buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by allthingsgood: 5:44am On Sep 22, 2019
kingkakaone:
What is wrong with the youths of this nation?
How can you people start talking about an election that is 4 years away when this government is not even performing?
Is like you people are not tired of being a laughing stock among other nations?
SMH

Don't say govt isn't performing. Just say u hate buhari. Even if he turn Nigeria to Dubai, u will still wail

3 Likes

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by allthingsgood: 5:45am On Sep 22, 2019
Duplik8t77:

Many more levels my dear grin
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Flyingngel(m): 7:13am On Sep 22, 2019
Bros, I don't seem to wrap my brain around this your story.
Briefly, let me tell you from my point of view in Nigerian politics what will likely transpire come 2023.
Firstly, Apc and PDP will not find it easy on who will become their Presidential flag bearer.
Tinubu will throw himself into the ring but the Northern Hawks in the person's of Elrufai, Abba Kyari, Babachir lawal e.tc will not make it easy.
Apc may likely handover the ticket to a neutral person- that is a reown technocrat so as to hold on to power.
But to hand over power to the North, I don't see that happening.

PDP will have to battle with Atiku and Wike if he still remain in the party before then for a strong and dynamic material that can stand shoulder high above APC candidate.
Which if not handle properly will destroy PDP beyond imagination.
Finally, we are yet to see the other side of Buhari political permutation.
All we have to do is to wait.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by FarahAideed: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2019
I never knew this guy was so shallow ..SMH
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Shawnnn01: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2019
FarahAideed:
I never knew this guy was so shallow ..SMH
Shallow maybe but a billion times more intelligent than you can ever be in this lifetime

Flyingngel:

Elrufai, Abba Kyari, Babachir lawal e.tc

If the above are who Tinubu need to face over 2023 presidential ticket am sure he will outsmart them. The only person he cant outshine in APC is Buhari. Also Tinubu presenting a consensus candidate is not entirely a wrong idea for so many reason but that consensus candidate must be his choosing n be acceptable to most kingmaker in the APC.

To me the 2023 is viable tool for any Christian from the South to put his politicking skills to work. I expect someone like Amechi to reach out, present himself to both ABBA Kyari/Elrufia n Tinubu squad as an option, you never know what fate can throw up. You also don't need to be an enemy of one of this faction to be friend with another. APC is not the devilish PDP.

That is my take.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Flyingngel:
Bros, I don't seem to wrap my brain around this your story.
Briefly, let me tell you from my point of view in Nigerian politics what will likely transpire come 2023.
Firstly, Apc and PDP will not find it easy on who will become their Presidential flag bearer.
Tinubu will throw himself into the ring but the Northern Hawks in the person's of Elrufai, Abba Kyari, Babachir lawal e.tc will not make it easy.
Apc may likely handover the ticket to a neutral person- that is a reown technocrat so as to hold on to power.
But to hand over power to the North, I don't see that happening.

PDP will have to battle with Atiku and Wike if he still remain in the party before then for a strong and dynamic material that can stand shoulder high above APC candidate.
Which if not handle properly will destroy PDP beyond imagination.
Finally, we are yet to see the other side of Buhari political permutation.
All we have to do is to wait.
You are on point. In a country that is so polarized in terms of religion, Tinubu candidacy is not marketable however the most formidable candidate as of now is Osibanjo thats why some of the hawks are trying to pull him down. I don't see them picking a neutral technocrat judging from the way they appointed ministers recently, in other words, na dem dem. And I agree with you, we will have to wait to see what happens. But my money is on Osibanjo.

2 Likes

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Flyingngel(m): 10:20am On Sep 22, 2019
Shawnnn01 post:

Shallow maybe but a billion times more intelligent than you can ever be in this lifetime

If the above are who Tinubu need to face over 2023 presidential ticket am sure he will outsmart them. The only person he cant outshine in APC is Buhari. Also Tinubu presenting a consensus candidate is not entirely a wrong idea for so many reason but that consensus candidate must be his choosing n be acceptable to most kingmaker in the APC.

To me the 2023 is viable tool for any Christian from the South to put his politicking skills to work. I expect someone like Amechi to reach out, present himself to both ABBA Kyari/Elrufia n Tinubu squad as an option, you never know what fate can throw up. You also don't need to be an enemy of one of this faction to be friend with another. APC is not the devilish PDP.

That is my take.

Well for Buhari to handover the choice of who will become the presidential candidate for APC to Tinubu will be a miracle of the 21st century.
Ask yourself, why did the cabal sidelined Tinubu in the first term ?
Simply they were looking for ways to whittle his political dominance in the Southwest but after realizing that the gamble they are abt to enter will cost them the president,they back down.
Don't you think that by now they have gathered enough dirt to throw at Tinubu thus making him to back down and nominate somebody for the vice like he did before?
Beside, you believe the North will sit back and tell Tinubu to nominate somebody for them?
Talking abt EVIL, PDP and APC politicians are evil not the party.
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by helinues: 10:30am On Sep 22, 2019
We fit dash them PHCN power but not electoral power.

Good to be back
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Flyingngel(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2019
Shawnnn01 post:

That is my take.

North will never give Tinubu the go ahead to nominate anybody let alone himself as a presidential candidate.
Yes agree Buhari is the highest stumbling block for Tinubu but if I ask who control Buhari.
Do you think Buhari can sit down on his own and take decision of such magnitude without the input of powerful Northern leaders?
Southern part of Nigeria are divided as at down due to heavy and selfish political interest. Here everybody is a political leader.
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
allthingsgood:

Don't say govt isn't performing. Just say u hate buhari. Even if he turn Nigeria to Dubai, u will still wail
Be sincere with yourself, has Buhari fulfilled up to 10% of his campaign promises?

I don't hate him but I can't keep shut when I see how incompetent this government is.
Fighting needless battles, focusing on sectional issues instead of priorities, giving false hopes and all.

It is better to say the truth than to support this regime that is not showing any sign of development in the next 4 years.
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by allthingsgood: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2019
kingkakaone:

Be sincere with yourself, has Buhari fulfilled up to 10% of his campaign promises?

I don't hate him but I can't keep shut when I see how incompetent this government is.
Fighting needless battles, focusing on sectional issues instead of priorities, giving false hopes and all.

It is better to say the truth than to support this regime that is not showing any sign of development in the next 4 years.

Nagging and wailing is the easiest thing to do. But can u show me the magic button that buhari will press to right the wrongs of the past 16years Change and development takes time, and it's even slower in a democracy because of all the various divergent interests fighting for relevance. But if other regines were focussed like this one we won't be where we are today. There is no magic that can be done after nigeruas entire wealth was squandered and looted by past regimes. Buhari is not a magician. Addressing these issues will take time. But if u and ur folk can't wait, caneroun us always there for u

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by 7lives: 8:53am On Sep 23, 2019
Flyingngel:
Shawnnn01 post:

That is my take.

Well for Buhari to handover the choice of who will become the presidential candidate for APC to Tinubu will be a miracle of the 21st century.
Ask yourself, why did the cabal sidelined Tinubu in the first term ?
Simply they were looking for ways to whittle his political dominance in the Southwest but after realizing that the gamble they are abt to enter will cost them the president,they back down.
Don't you think that by now they have gathered enough dirt to throw at Tinubu thus making him to back down and nominate somebody for the vice like he did before?
Beside, you believe the North will sit back and tell Tinubu to nominate somebody for them?
Talking abt EVIL, PDP and APC politicians are evil not the party.

So you think Tinubu that decided to support Buhari for the second time, did not know the game is 50/50 and probably had a plan B, just in case the game goes awry?.
Omode o mo ogun o npe l'efo, Tinubu is a grand master, ologbojo baba egungun.
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2019
allthingsgood:

Nagging and wailing is the easiest thing to do. But can u show me the magic button that buhari will press to right the wrongs of the past 16years Change and development takes time, and it's even slower in a democracy because of all the various divergent interests fighting for relevance. But if other regines were focussed like this one we won't be where we are today. There is no magic that can be done after nigeruas entire wealth was squandered and looted by past regimes. Buhari is not a magician. Addressing these issues will take time. But if u and ur folk can't wait, caneroun us always there for u
If you think the system isn't worse today than it was before then I don't think I can help you.
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by allthingsgood: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
kingkakaone:

If you think the system isn't worse today than it was before then I don't think I can help you.

U havent helped yourself let alone help someone else
Re: Why PDP Will Not Take Power In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 4:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
Johnnyessence:
As if you get Ph.D in Nigeria politics.
Better pay me school fees make I begin dey teach you grin

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Court Grants Maina N1bn Bail / Southern Kaduna: Buratai Replies El-rufai On Command Secondary School Request / Where Is Osibanjo? Vanguardngr Joins Trend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.