Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Osimhen Speaks On His Comparison With Nicolas Pepe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osimhen Speaks On His Comparison With Nicolas Pepe (563 Views)

Nicolas Pepe Scores 2 Free-Kicks, Stunned Fans React (Photos) / Nicolas Pepe Officially Dribbles Past Van Dijk To Shatter His 50-Game Record / Nicolas Pepe Becomes Africa's Most Expensive Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osimhen Speaks On His Comparison With Nicolas Pepe by emjayyoungwiz12: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2019
Osimhen speaks on his Comparison with Nicolas Pepe
byEm jay -September 22, 2019

Ahead of Lille's Ligue 1 clash against Rennes on Sunday afternoon, Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has expressed his opinion at being compared to Arsenal's record signing Nicolas Pepe.

Osimhen was bought by the French side as replacement for the Gunners' £72m acquisition and is already repaying the decision to snap him up from Belgian Pro League outfit Sporting Charleroi.

Osimhen was speaking at the press conference on Saturday evening where he expressed gratitude for the trust in him.

"Big respect to Nicolas Pepe for what he did for the club," Osimhen who has scored five league goals in five appearances said at the press conference as quoted by InsideFutbol.com.

"Like a lot of people say, I'm replacing Nicolas Pepe, he scored some beautiful and wonderful goals, but I think I am near to bringing in my own qualities to the team.

"Nicolas Pepe and Victor Osimhen are quite different players, so it's OK if ever some people try to compare me and him.

"I feel good to be compared to such a great player.

Lille are placed seventh in the table with nine points but could rise to second place with an emphatic win away at fourth placed Rennes.

Interestingly Pepe, who is yet to score a goal for Arsenal after five league and one Europa League games, albeit is expected to start in Sunday's match against Aston Villa.

Osimhen is under contract until the summer of 2024 at the French club

https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/09/osimhen-speaks-on-his-comparison-with.html

Re: Osimhen Speaks On His Comparison With Nicolas Pepe by Ifiegboria(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2019
Great player. We are proud of you

(1) (Reply)

Phillipe Countinho Involved In Water Baptism,"banishing The Demons Of Barcelona" / I Would Help Ronaldo Win His Sixth Balon D'or - Maurizio Sarri / Ashley Young Joins Inter Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.