Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) (1534 Views)

Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe / Man Break Down In Video After Losing Bet Staked With His House Rent Money [WATCH / Man Hangs Himself On A Tree At Lagos Airport Way This Morning (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by HeWrites(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
A middle-aged man identified simply as papa Ebube, has taken his own life by hanging self in his one-room apartment after reportedly losing Bet9ja stakes.

Igbere TV gathered that the incident happened in Arrietalline area of Yenagoa, Bayelsa state, in the early hours of Sunday (today), Sept. 22.

According to residents in the area, papa Ebube may have committed suicide because he lost his betting ticket that could have earned him millions of naira.

Documents found on him when the police arrived, showed that the deceased was a graduate, tricycle rider and a great lover of sports whose son is expected to graduate from the Nigerian military school this year.

Igbere TV gathers that the deceased has a wife and two children who left him early this year, owing to constant domestic violence under his watch.

As at the time of filing this report, the police has since evacuated his remains to the morgue.

Contacted, Police Spokesman, SP Asinim Butswat, said investigation was ongoing to unravel the circumstances surrounding his death.

He described late papa Ebube as a native of Imo State, adding that an autopsy would be carried out on his body.

“On Sept. 22, at about 8.00a.m., we received a distress call that one 'papa Ebube' of Arrietalline street, allegedly committed suicide in his one-room apartment.

“When homicide detectives visited the scene, the corpse of the suspect was found hanging on a rope, tied to the ceiling fan, with some documents littered on the floor.

“Body of the deceased has been evacuated to a General Hospital for autopsy. An investigation is ongoing,” he said.

http://igberetvnews.com/1013210/man-hangs-self-loosing-bet-photo/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by HeWrites(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2019
Lalasticlala

Seun
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by Callisco: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
Papa Ebube, a native of Ogun state? Unless maybe he married an Igbo woman and she was the one that named the child Ebube
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
Gambling kills... check your transaction list from the time you started and you would see much you could have saved..
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by vastolord4(m): 5:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
Clap for yourself okay!
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by Sunofgod(m): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Solkjaer....,see ohh!
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by jkendy(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
grin grin grin
Can someone tell me what our generation is gradually turning into
This betting of a thing has long existed in the Western world before it was introduced to this country but how many people have we heard that killed themselves bcoz they lost a game/bet

Condemn me for all I care but I can't come and waste my precious RIP on a loose cannon who f00lishly took the wrong exit door to destruction.

Leh me come and be going
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nigeria police transports corpse like it's an animal.

2 Likes

Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by donbachi(m): 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2019
And he allowed his village people to win their own bet.
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by StrikeBack(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
angry angry angry
and under 1.5 killed him
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
Watch how government tells you what not the reason for the suicide is.
They could blame it on BBN, Bobrisky, or anything else but the truth
Re: Man Hangs Self After Losing Bet (photo) by daddytime(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
Hmmm

So bad that he also had to lose his life bet....

(1) (Reply)

How UBA And Customer Defrauded Me / U.S. City To Pay ₦4.6Billion To Family Of Lady Murdered By Police / Finland Police Arrested Car Thief Using DNA Found In Dead Mosquito

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.