Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Hard Work, Smart Work Vs Strategic Work–how To Build Wealth With Strategic Work - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hard Work, Smart Work Vs Strategic Work–how To Build Wealth With Strategic Work (205 Views)

Gain Your Financial Freedom Through Hard And Smart Work In 2020 / Work Smart And Make Money From Home (100 % Legit) / People Are Moving From Hard Work To Smart Work Here, See Proof. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hard Work, Smart Work Vs Strategic Work–how To Build Wealth With Strategic Work by shehuolayinka(m): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
By, Dr. Tayo Oyedeji

I chose to address this issue because of the pervasive belief that financial success is a by-product of hard work. My view is that hard work is not enough.

1/ I will address the 2 myths that perpetuate this belief and propose an alternative model.

2/ MYTH 1: Hard work leads to financial prosperity.

The hardest working people I know are construction workers. I work with them on my real estate business and have developed immense respect for their work ethics. Unfortunately, their hard work produces ONLY about $10 per hour.

3/ MYTH 1 (cont.) I have also worked with some incredibly hardworking people in the corporate world and we all know that they don’t always get that promotion or win that contract or get the recognition. There is obviously a lot more to financial success than hard work.

4/ MYTH 2: Don’t just work hard, work smart.

My problem with this myth is the unsaid meaning it often conveys. “Smart work” in many circles means taking shortcuts, skirting the edges of legality, playing unethical games, and speculative investments.

5/ MYTH 2 (cont.)
Shortcuts often lead to dead ends; illegal stuff eventually gets people in trouble; unethical work destroys reputations; and nothing kills capital faster than speculations. I obviously don’t advocate “smart work”

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/09/22/hard-work-vs-smart-work-vs-strategic-work-how-to-build-wealth-with-strategic-work/

(1) (Reply)

Despite The Ongoing Trade Dispute, U.S. Manufacturing Records 5-month High / Amazing Benefits Of Hard Chrome Plating Services / Popcorn Maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.