Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,801 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! (619 Views)

Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today / King Sunny Ade And His 5 Wives (Pictured) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! by farem: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2019
Chief Sunday Adeniyi Adegeye MFR, known professionally as King Sunny Adé (born 22 September 1946), is a Nigerian singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist in the West African musical style jùjú. One of the first African pop musicians to gain international success, he has been called one of the most influential musicians of all time.[1]

King Sunny Adé
Birth name
Sunday Adeniyi Adegeye
Born
22 September 1946 (age 73)
Ondo City, Ondo State, Nigeria
Genres
Jùjú, African pop
Occupation(s)
Singer, musician
Years active
1960s–present
Labels
I.R.S.
In March 2017, he was appointed ambassador for the Change Begins With Me campaign by the Nigerian minister of Information Lai Mohammed.[2]

Re: BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! by Tolexander: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
One of the African greatest musicians

The first Nigerian nominated for a Grammy award and the first nominated twice.

The day I started respecting this great musician was the day President William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton (POTUS) came to Nigeria in 2001 and referenced Sunny Ade.

1 Like

Re: BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! by mamajj17(f): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
KSA needed to be Celebrated in this Country just the way is been done in Western World! His Legacies must not die now while he is alive ! Shame on our Government Such Talented Legend Man in Africa needed to known in all Area such as Tourism where the Outside World comes in to watch and pay , Music School after him and so on. Happy Birthday Sir.

1 Like

Re: BIRTHDAY: Juju Maestro, King Sunny Ade Is 73 Years Today! by farem: 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2019
Tolexander:
One of the African greatest musicians

The first Nigerian nominated for a Grammy award and the first nominated twice.

The day I started respecting this great musician was the day President William Jefferson “Bill” Clinton (POTUS) came to Nigeria in 2001 and referenced Sunny Ade.

(1) (Reply)

Sex Therapist, Jaruma Gifts N500K To Bbnaija’s Esther; Invites Tacha To Dubai / Michael Jackson’s First Moonwalk Socks To Auction For $2 Million / Rapper Lil Pump Bitten By Snake While Shooting Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.