Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

City Mall, City Swank(with pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / City Mall, City Swank(with pics) (863 Views)

Obiano Inspects Worldclass Onitsha Mall- Pix / 10 Biggest Corruption Cases That Shook Nigeria In 2015(with Pics) / Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by vwvw(m): 1:07pm On Nov 01, 2010
[img]http://arrestedworld.files./2010/11/01112010071.jpg[/img]
Early this year i wanted to do this story badly hoping that the authorities exorcise themselves of the decrepit spirit of recidivism and clean up the mess sooner than domesday.
Alas how true the saying, wonder not how quickly the pampered mongrel quickly returns to puke; the renaissance just will not happen,the squalid CITY MALL is here for a filthy stay.
Now this is the hellish smelling sewer of eye popping city mall in the highbrow Onikan axis of Victoria Island, Lagos.
Inside the building, label adorning prices of exotic goods swoons your senses in wonderment.
Outside the sliding doors, wonderment is replicated in foul smelling odour-worthy incense for the devil. Workers dash past in  flurry and fury.Woe betide the well wisher that ventures beyond a courteous good morning.Often times chit chats along the pavements  are punctuated with grunts and clenched nostrils,fists and feet.The stench is simply unbelievable.The Lagos General Hospital mortuary in morbid envy could not possibly attain such smelling heights.[img]http://arrestedworld.files./2010/11/city-mall-drain1.jpg[/img]
Ahead of me Colonel Harlan Sanders beckons at you with a wide grin.Once i obliged, stomping into KFC to grab fries and glare at fried chicken in buckets.The waiter forgot my order stalled me for half an hour and there was no restroom facility to release my anguish, thankfully the bosses thought it wise to do without a suggestion box.
This state of the art facility is also shooting location for top Nigerian reality show ‘Moments with Mo’ and a movie cinema hall.
So i take a lift to the gents my heart palpitating-i can see the headlines blinking-’JOURNALIST PEES ON SELF IN CITY MALL’. fortunately there was one of the floor, still not anywhere near the rehabilitated toilets at Pen cinema, Agege
The glitzy shops, resplendent with jewels, ceramic vases and electronic gadgets on display behind showy glasses dull the senses for a moment but then it means harm than good when you adjust the rear focal lens.

[img]http://arrestedworld.files./2010/11/30102010068.jpg[/img]Now you see what i mean this is the rear of city mall where you get to see the back story.Piles of rubbish and scores of wires hanging down makes this ‘hanging garden of babylon’ a spot on the 7 squalors of Lagos.
Many people however say years of neglecting the erstwhile center of Government is now taking its toll. Rundown Government buildings now house destitutes, vermints and Ghosts.There’s the Ministry of Works, Nitel, too numerous to mention and lots more.Buildings rotting away and the government will not sell nor repair because of political exigencies.
But then it is unthinkable that billions of naira spent in transforming this edifice, Private Property not Government would come to social and infrastructural disrepute

http://arrestedworld./2010/11/01/not-this-city-mall/
Re: City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by Bawss1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 01, 2010
Thats the smelly reality most Lagosians deal with regularly.
Re: City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by AkinEgba: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2010
Has Babapupa, the BRF arse-licking maga seen this?
Re: City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by Ikengawo: 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
hey lazy.
why don't you get some friends together to clean it up?

it's your country as much as it is fashola's too.
Re: City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by 9ja4eva: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ikengawo:

hey lazy.
why don't you get some friends together to clean it up?

it's your country as much as it is fashola's too.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Una funny mehn
Re: City Mall, City Swank(with pics) by tpia5: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
what are the reporter, the op and some nlers whining about again?

the front of the building was ok, therefore your longerthroat carried you to the back, which btw still wasnt dirty enough for your liking, hence the meaningless diatribe.

as for the gutter- was it still dirty the next day.

there was no restroom facility to release my anguish, thankfully the bosses thought it wise to do without a suggestion box.

cant blame the owners for not having a restroom or a suggestion box.

(1) (Reply)

Americans Can Argue As Much As Nairalanders / Nse Spends N186m On Rolex Watches In 2008 Under Madam Ndi Okereke / Fg Slashes National Assembly Budget By N45bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.