Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,078 members, 7,814,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Rave God - Rise And Fall Of The Oyo Empire - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rave God - Rise And Fall Of The Oyo Empire (416 Views)

Was There Really An Oyo Empire? / Nri, Benin Kingdom And The Oyo Empire Which Was The Most Powerful / Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rave God - Rise And Fall Of The Oyo Empire by HawnsgistMedia: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
'I'd have thought you'd have learned your lesson by now omotola, for how long will i tell you not to go to the stream before the cock crows?'
'But maami, I needed to wash my clothes for the cultural... '
' Gbenu e dake '(keep shut).' Cultural this and cultural that, every time you're always involved in one cultural hullabaloo or the other. Are you the only girl in the village nii?
Omotola smiled winningly and knelt making sure her two knees touched the floor properly.
'I'm sorry mother; I promise not to do this anymore '
Her mother gave her 'the look ', clearly not believing her for a second.
'Just leave my presence, omo alaigboron (child that refuses to listen to instructions)'.
Omotola grinned mischievously and ran out the door to join the remaining girls playing on the clouds.
Yeah, you heard right. Clouds. I suppose i forgot to mention that Omotola is a goddess and so is her mother and everyone in this story. Well almost everyone, Gods need their mortals every now and then.
This story is set in a different universe from ours but on the same parallel dimension. I don't really
understand it, Omotola can explain better. Gods live in the sky and walk on the clouds like its solid
ground. They appear like normal people except for their incredible height, extreme beauty or handsomeness as the case may be and their blue blood. Oh!, and their awesome powers. They were a peaceful sort... Until......
'Omotola that’s not fair na', complained Arike, 'the rules said to strike at the heart, not the head', she
said pointing at the ruined sigidi (a doll filled with immense power).

'By the gods Ari, I didn't strike the top ' She whispered, lightning still dancing on her fingers fromthe strike.

' I went for the heart i swear ', she said frantically, her dark eyes wide in consternation. It provided a
glaring contrast with her pure white hair, a gift from her mother at the time of her creation.
Arike's eyes widened in Fear and looked at Omotola as if waiting for her to combust. A sigidi could not be harmed unless struck from the head. Striking at the heart just made it more powerful but basically harmless. It was IMPOSSIBLE to have been destroyed by a hit to the heart. On the other hand, Omotola SWORE she did not strike the head and a god could not swear falsely. It'll disintegrate them.
'Then what could have happened?’ asked Amaka, the third goddess in their trio of mischief.
Before they could figure out anything, they looked down to see inky blackness begin to contaminate the sky at their feet, moving steadily towards them and spreading towards the village. Instinctively they knew if the inky blackness touched them, it would consume them. The 5 year old toddlers ran as fast as their feet could take them towards their huts. Omotola’s Parents had seen the blackness begin to consume the sky village. Her Father grabbed her and constructed a cocoon of fire and air for her and dropped her in. The inky blackness was already in the house and was coming towards them. Her father and mother faced it hurling lightning and divine destructive power at it. It just kept swallowing each burst of power till it began to consume them. Omotola cried and beat at the cocoon, her parents scream resounding in her ears.

Far below, a farmer and his wife watched the skies as the stars of heaven, the gods of the skies fell to earth blazing with a fiery light.

Download the book below: IT'S FREE!

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/omotola_rave_god_1/13469

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Many Landladies Than Landlords In Benin City / Meet Judith Oracle | Fast Rising Spiritualist / I've Given Up On 1nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.