Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Dangote Group, Others To Get 50% Tax Credits From FIRS – Fowler - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Group, Others To Get 50% Tax Credits From FIRS – Fowler (152 Views)

Who Are Those Behind Dangote Group ? (photos) / Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Group Donates 35 Cars To The Lagos State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Group, Others To Get 50% Tax Credits From FIRS – Fowler by Innerkonsult123: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dangote and other private companies are set to access 50% of expenditure in tax credit from the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). According to FIRS executive chairman, Tunde Fowler, the plan is to solve infrastructural deficit in the country by reducing the actual amount of tax to be paid by private companies, while these companies also share the cost of infrastructural projects with the Government.
The details: While speaking in Abuja, Fowler stated that more than 10 local companies had applied for the scheme to receive 50% of expenditure in tax credits. He said the plan was to make sure that those companies get 50% of expenditure in tax credit.  Providing further details on the biggest benefactors from this arrangement, Fowler stated that only two companies have benefitted from the partnership of receiving tax credits for infrastructure projects thus far, Dangote Group was mentioned and another anonymous company. Alluding that the arrangement may reduce the amounts he collects, “It may reduce the amount of my collections initially, but … as I expand my tax net, I would make up for that reduction, we believe we would generate more revenues from the additional infrastructure that would be created,” he stated.  Improving Revenue: Basically, oil revenue has been depleting in recent times with high cost of debt servicing, and the government has been making moves to explore other sources to boost revenue away from crude sales. Fowler, speaking further said a move to include value added tax (VAT) on all online transactions was expected to come into force in January 2020. He said e-commerce was, at present, a tax loophole. “There are a lot of areas that are not yet captured, I believe that Nigeria should review the VAT rate to 7.5%,” he said, though any such change would have to be implemented by the government.” What this means: The tax credit scheme was signed into law, under an executive order, by President Muhammadu Buhari in January. With the arrangement, companies who agree to share the cost of infrastructural projects with the Government will not have to worry about paying 50% of cost incurred on road construction and related public goods.

Source: Nairametric 

Contact InnerKonsult for Professional Services on Tax, Accountancy and CAC Services. O8038460036, www.innerkonsult.com

(1) (Reply)

Purchase Youtube Views / All Business And Individual Package Services / 1 Year Old Pin Verified Nigerian Adsense Plus Domain For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.