Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

The Best low-priced Flagship Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Best low-priced Flagship Phone (2413 Views)

I Want To Buy A Flagship Phone / Infinix Hints Its Flagship Phone Is Coming Soon / Why I Would Not Be Upgrading To A New 2018 Flagship Phone This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Seeing this topic, I know y'all are like ?? ?? ??
Well, in this post, I will be talking about a phone which used to be a flagship, but in 2019, it will have to be placed in the upper midrange segment. Dont worry, you will get to know the name of this device in another post on this same thread.
Hint: A.K.A 2017 most underrated flagship
Rings a bell??
launched at $700, Yea am talking about a flagship phone from 2017 which packed a lot of goodies in its time, goodies that most 2017 flagships didn't have.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm snapdragon 835 processor(adreno 540 GPU that plays fortnite shocked ) with average antutu score of 210,000 coupled with a 6inch QuadHD p-Oled screen. With a compact-for-a-6inch size of 151.7 mm (5.97 in)x 75.4 mm (2.97 in)x 7.3 mm (0.29 in) weighing at 158 g (5.6 oz), compact-for-a-6inch indeed.
Its equipped with a Dual 16 MP Sony Exmor IMX351 (f/1.6, OIS, 3-axis, laser & phase detection AF) + 13 MP wide-angle(f/1.9), Video at 4Kat 30fps, 1080p at 60fps, 720p at 120fps rear camera, and a not too perfect 5 MP front camera, but luckily, this bad boy is already camera2api enable by its oem,thereby making it very easy for the installation of the infamous Google camera,also known as gcam. There is also a pixel 3 port available on xda.
Moving away from that, This device received praises in its time for having one of the most mature audio quality, retaining the headphone jack as other premium smartphones stopped providing it, and including multiple audio sensors for input and a 32-bit Quad-DAC(Digital Analog Converter) for output.*use a good quality headphone/earpiece for madddddd sound performance*.
Coming to software,the devices runs on a skinned version of android nougat, and can be updated to pie via OTA.
This device ships with 4gb ram and 64gb of internal storage for its base variant, and 128gb for the "+(plus)" variant, and don't forget storage is expandable via the SD slots on both variants, cool right? That's because the phone was made for mostly video recording, its cine mode does wonders( no need for cinema fv5 app smiley ), not forgetting that this device can take shots underwater due to its ip68 rating **its water/dust proveeeee** .
A very fast , I mean very fast fingerprint scanner is placed at the back of the phone, embedded with it's power button.
The device comes with a 3300mah li-po battery, well,that sounds small but with a 10nm processor, oled screen, software optimization and darkmode(high contrast mode by the oem), this phone can carry you through a day and half on a full charge, or 7-8hours screen-on time of usage, not bad tho

Now to pricing, the reason for this post
The base Variant/plus goes for
$134(48,000 naira)/$155(57,000 naira) or even lesser for a preowned( a.k.a UK used) on amazon/eBay
While aliexpress sells new/refurbished (check to confirm) for 59-62k for the base variant and 71-75k for the plus
While jumia sells a brand new base variant for 84,000
Note: it can also be gotten from sellers on Nairaland too,you just have to be careful who you deal with wink
in 2019,this phone is called "THE BEST SUB $200 SMARTPHONE"
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
and its name issssssss **drum rolls**
LG V30 **applauds**

thanks for reading
cc lalasticlala mydn44 honsole Fibonacci2526 gptech grandmufti protein0 bobo65 henry007 tfortony misstechy imfortress godspeed nonichuks chester48 atheistandproud

what do y'all think?

3 Likes

Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by Kvngfrosh(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2019
Name??¿
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
PIE UPDATE REVIEW:
Finally!! .... Updated my V30+ (Indian Variant) to
Android P Via LG Bridge and here are the
changes that I've noticed so far:
1. Gesture Navigation support.
2. Native Dark (High Contrast) Mode.
3. Now you can go live on YouTube directly from
the camera app.
4. Screenshot Thumbnail preview.
5. Tons of AOD and Icons customisation options.
6. Native Screen Recording.
7. Volume key default adjustment options.
8. A new Part Slo-Mo option.
9. New Face Unlock animation (Similar to
Iphones).
10. Dual App functionality.
11. More control options in Game Tools.
12. Weather for Alarms.
13. Background colour options for Home Touch
buttons.
14. New layout for the Gallery app.
15. LED flash alerts for incoming calls (I'm not
sure whether this was available before the
update or not).
Please feel free to add any other new features
that I haven't mentioned above in the comments.
P.S Since I've updated my phone just a couple
of hours ago so I can't tell the changes in
performance yet.

SOURCE: https://www./258508511324867/permalink/683028538872860/?app=fbl
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
techcapon naijatechguy what do you guys think about the write-up? fair? first time doing this grin grin
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by yungsmart(m): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
techcapon naijatechguy what do you guys think about the write-up? fair? first time doing this grin grin
So you finally got it for your YouTube videos shey. I share same dream.
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by mikkycoins(m): 2:46am On Sep 24, 2019
One of the most underrated smartphone in existence
The only downside is the selfie camera
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2019
yungsmart:

So you finally got it for your YouTube videos shey. I share same dream.
haa cheesy no ooo, not yet. Just decided to make a post bout it
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2019
mikkycoins:
One of the most underrated smartphone in existence
yea.... But with gcam, kiss
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by kvngjesse(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2019
Lol nice one.
Didn't take me time to get the name lol
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by TechCapon(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
you tried but I'll score you 5/10
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2019
TechCapon:
you tried but I'll score you 5/10
grin cheesy grin grin am nor writing again
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by TechCapon(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
grin cheesy grin grin am nor writing again
no, you should keep it up because that's the only way to improve. The major mistake you made is to keep readers in the dark about the device ur talking about. The name of the device ur writing should come first because that's the only way the write-up will make sense. Also ur formatting needs to be worked on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2019
TechCapon:
no, you should keep it up because that's the only way to improve. The major mistake you made is to keep readers in the dark about the device ur talking about. The name of the device ur writing should come first because that's the only way the write-up will make sense. Also ur formatting needs to be worked on
yea...i wanted to put everyone in suspense grin
...well, I will improve I guess, but writing isnt really my thing, I just did this one out of the love i have for the phone and its relatively low price
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2019
mikkycoins:

do you know that even with that, the stock front camera is better than that on the samsung a70
check YouTube to doubts
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by mikkycoins(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
do you know that even with that, the stock front camera is better than that on the samsung a70
check YouTube to doubts
I want to know its quality from an offline user
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2019
mikkycoins:
cc Fibonacci2526 bobo65 any help?
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by fibonacci2526: 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2019
mikkycoins:

It's really good with Gcam.
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by jaywalker04(m): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
and its name issssssss **drum rolls**
LG V30 **applauds**

thanks for reading
cc lalasticlala mydn44 honsole Fibonacci2526 gptech grandmufti protein0 bobo65 henry007 tfortony misstechy imfortress godspeed nonichuks chester48 atheistandproud

what do y'all think?
Did you get refurbished, used or new?
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2019
jaywalker04:

Did you get refurbished, used or new?
none smiley
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by jaywalker04(m): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

none
Ohh, sorry, my bad. Nice write-up though. I actually admire your determination, it inspires me. But I agree with the flaw TechCapon was talking about, keeping readers in the dark. Some people don't have that much patience to read to the end. More power to your elbow.
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2019
jaywalker04:

Ohh, sorry, my bad. Nice write-up though. I actually admire your determination, it inspires me. But I agree with the flaw TechCapon was talking about, keeping readers in the dark. Some people don't have that much patience to read to the end. More power to your elbow.
thank you very much sir smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by Kvngfrosh(m): 12:06am On Sep 26, 2019
U sha Kept me in suspense
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2019
Kvngfrosh:
U sha Kept me in suspense
grin
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:46am On Sep 26, 2019
smiley
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2019
cheaper alternative: lg g5

1 Like

Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
cheaper alternative: lg g5
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2019
Stormyweather:
Phone is mint and comes with an applied screen protector and a pouch.

Battery is really strong

Camera is nice

4/128gb

Android 8

Lagos

Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 6:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by michaellovaldo(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It's really good with Gcam.
What about battery life ma,how many hours of screen on time do u get on heavy usage?
Re: The Best low-priced Flagship Phone by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lg g6

(1) (Reply)

I Prank My Sister Using Tinubu Mobilisation Network To Send Her ₦950,000 / Multilink Internet / Nokia Asha 311 Or Tecno N3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.