Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Reason Lionel Messi, Not Van Dyjk Won D F I F A Best Footballer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reason Lionel Messi, Not Van Dyjk Won D F I F A Best Footballer (352 Views)

Sad Cincinatti Coach: There's A REASON Lionel Messi Is The BEST PLAYER / Kelechi Iheanacho Mocks Chelsea By Hawking F.A Cup - Who Go Buy Cup? / Ronaldo Named Serie A Best Player Of The 2018/19 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Lionel Messi, Not Van Dyjk Won D F I F A Best Footballer by Kojochyke(m): 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
As a Liverpool FC fan, I would have loved for VVD to get the honour.
He played every single game, won more duels, champions league, UEFA best, etc.. Unfortunately Lionel Messi had a bigger statistics according to the record keepers than Van Dyjk or even Ronaldo.

The voters didn't mind the fact that Ronald won with Portugal and Juventus. He only scored 28,missed some games, was missing in Portugal until he knew the likes of Bernado Silva could win the nations league, then claim the spotlight. So he returned for two ganes. Voters and record keepers didn't get confused.
Van Dyjk did a nice job. As a Liverpool fan, it would have been wonderful to have that honor. My coach, my goal keeper, and my defender!
Anyways, voters recognized and placed him in tbe FIFA Best Eleven.

You need statistics, then I guess you need to visit BBC, to actually get the facts.

Long live VVD, Long live Leo Messi, Long live Klopp, Long live Allison..
Long live LIVERPOOL!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/49791263

(1) (Reply)

See The 11 Best Players In The World According To Fifa (photo) / Nicaragua FA Confirms The Best Voting Mix-up(fifa AWARD) / Former Chelsea & Arsenal Keeper Cech Signs With An Ice Hockey Club As A Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.