Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing (39130 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / Grabbing The Hot Gate ( A Paranormal Novel) By Akintayo Akinjide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2019
ednut1:
Only God knows how their biafra for be. Every 3 streets is an autonomous community cheesy

The problem is not about Biafra

Nigeria's population is growing, and Igboland is one of the really densely populated part of the country.

Hence land is at a.premium there

2 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Stillthebest: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2019
jayson87:
She should write another boring book about land grabbing and get her usual undeserving accolades

I don't like her books also, boring to me. But when grace has taken someone to a shore beyond the imagination of her forefathers, who am I to undermine her?

Everyone prays for such.

Note* she writes good with good tenses, illustrations and connotations just like an authority, but only her stories that I dont find captivating enough.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Dreambeat: 8:21am On Sep 24, 2019
matrixme:
Igbo people really need to learn how to wash their dirty underwears in secret! You've not been granted Biafra, you've started to grab your ancestral lands by yourselves. So what will happen if you miraculously get Biafran license? How exactly do you expect non indigenes to meddle into land grabbing cases? Besides did the ancestral land sell itself to Arthur?
Why is the Biafra issue tormenting some of you.What has Biafra got to due with the issue at hand.Is there any local government in this country that does not have one land dispute or the other.Stop this your inferiority complex because mentioning Biafra on this thread shows you have loads of it.Nuff said!

6 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by gurujoe(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2019
Is because of this land issue in Anambra state that I so much love my Town Nsukka.
If you feel you have money and think you want to trample on the poor. We go use the Oracle change am for you.
Nonsense!
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2019
BluntBoy:

Impossible. I can't tell you lies. grin
For the online love I have for you. Please vote her I believe you won't lie to me so vote tacha for your hippolyta kiss kiss thank you be a man of your words cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Jimasun: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2019
I thought Igbos always say they are brave and others are cowards?
How possible then a single man is terrorizing a whole town?

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Stevewonder004(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Ala nwe mmadu
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by dokyOloye: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2019
matrixme:
Igbo people really need to learn how to wash their dirty underwears in secret! You've not been granted Biafra, you've started to grab your ancestral lands by yourselves. So what will happen if you miraculously get Biafran license? How exactly do you expect non indigenes to meddle into land grabbing cases? Besides did the ancestral land sell itself to Arthur?
Ordinary land dispute, you are beginning to call d whole Igbo race.You haven't even heard from the other party oo.
The ones omo onile sell to 10 different people,leading to chaos, what is it?
Your education is wasted.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Evaromantik1(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Am strictly against oppression of the poor by the rich, but if you had known Arthur Eze well, he's the most generous Igbo Billionaire. Quote me anywhere.

Tomide007:
His fellow oil mogul (Alakija) is building a teaching Hospital in Osun state, Arthur is busy fighting the poor...

2 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by DonBenny77(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
Welcome to Nigeria, where lawlessness rules.

A country where the rich thinks being poor is a disease undecided

Where the poor shouldn't have a say undecided

Just watch, there will be no reaction from the government undecided

Then you will expect that citizens shouldn't take laws into their hands

Spits on wicked men!!!

When I say this country is useless some stupendous Patriots would be quoting me up an down.

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by encryptjay(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
jayson87:
She should write another boring book about land grabbing and get her usual undeserving accolades
Nothing boring in her book, she sure knows how to hook someone to read her books.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2019
I doubt if he actually intends building a university on the land , in question. Afe Bablola owns a modern university and we have not read about land grabbing from any of the community hosting the university.

Papa Oyedepo runs a town with over 15,000 modern houses complete with all amenities yet no story of land grabbing... Those men paid in full the negotiated demand of the land owners.

If he is wealthy and desirous of putting up a university close to his community then he should make them an offer.

That was how one Pamob West Africa limited returned to Nteje, claiming to be a lost indigent and almost grab the entire land of Ifite People in the name of building an animal husbandry business until the some and daughters of Ifite woke up and said, No way.

Till date, after over 20 years of his return to his ’fathers land’ he is yet to build a country home.

Xneg:

Going by what you just said, he also plans to use the land for a university, however the way he's going about it is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2019
patorial:

Oga don't say what you don’t know, even my ancestral compounds that are about 22km from Abba junction were also claimed by Arthur Eze as the land he bought. Though I blame my community chiefs because they all know the bribes they took just to sell people's land.

It is for a while. Nothing but the word of God last forever.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2019
RomanGreen:
smh.....I really wish this were my town that this man is oppressing people to take their land. Not even your wealth can stop the gods of my land from dealing with you. Just get a tuber of yam and say the word.....your oppressor no matter how wealthy will begin to beg you for peace..... Nonsense undecided

Modified

Its possible this town has desecrated its traditions else, the land would have fought back for them.

Nigerian police can never be well again. It will take more than a century to transform that force
bro what's the name of your town
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Who is the government, if not Umahi..
The case is dead..
You guys can't win that.
Umahi can't be Governor for ever this is Ebonyi not Anambra
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Hete: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2019
Lol, Eze n'ukpo dealing with people left right and center,

Na this same kind matter make am deal with Owelle na abagana grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Tomide007: 8:50am On Sep 24, 2019
Evaromantik1:
Am strictly against oppression of the poor by the rich, but if you had known Arthur Eze well, he's the most generous Igbo Billionaire. Quote me anywhere.

Well I don't know him soo much
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2019
Hizzy:
Umahi can't be Governor for ever this is Ebonyi not Anambra
My brother, anaghi agba aka azo ana.
Agbala aka azo ani, onye ji Ji ga-akonye ji na Ani.

The land has been bought to be developed.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Hausaman(m): 9:04am On Sep 24, 2019
Genius100:
These Fulani Herdsmen again.. I always knew Arthur Eze was a Fulani herdsman cool

These are the injustice that will end ipobian pigs republic. Where OSU caste system is still practiced and male children inherit their step mother's. Spits
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2019
MelesZenawi:

My brother, anaghi agba aka azo ana.
Agbala aka azo ani, onye ji Ji ga-akonye ji na Ani.

The land has been bought to be developed.
this is Ebonyi Izzi people no get Joy bro
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 24, 2019
gurujoe:
Is because of this land issue in Anambra state that I so much love my Town Nsukka.
If you feel you have money and think you want to trample on the poor. We go use the Oracle change am for you.
Nonsense!

Leave the gods and the Oracle.

Arusi nyekaria nsogbu, agwa ya na obu osisi ka esi kpu ya...

If the gods disturbs too much, we will tell him, that it was carved from wood.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2019
Hizzy:
this is Ebonyi Izzi people no get Joy bro
Leave story my brother.
You want us to come and start fighting with matchets or guns .....ohhhh nooooo

Dem no get joy doesn't mean others have.
More reason I tell that anaghi agba aka azo ani.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by tranxo(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2019
zicoraads:

Apparently, the phrase, 'The pen is mightier than the sword' is lost on you.

She has a voice. She has an audience. You'll be surprised.

A local voice with a foreign audience will NEVER have any impact at home.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Rumxy(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Osun state has 2 and half universities, OAU, UNIOSUN, and LAUTECH college of medicine.
Anambra state has just 2 universities, UNIZIK and Anambra state university.

All the universities listed above have their teaching hospitals except UNIOSUN which Alakija is building.
Which other teaching hospital did you expect Arthur Eze to build. Your comparison was uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Od1n: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
The man should sue for libel, there's no evidence against him, all are speculations let him teach her a lesson you don't just wake up and start accusing people of doing things.
Altho I'm not from, I live in Anambra. I don't know who paid who but everything aforementioned about police accompanying people in the dead of the night to uproot signs are 100% true. There are certainly powerful forces from Ukpo in play.

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Rumxy(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=BluntBoy post=82512842]

You are not making any sense.

Osun has teaching hospitals too, Federal and state.

Osun state has 2 and half universities, OAU, UNIOSUN, and LAUTECH college of medicine.

All the universities listed above have their teaching hospitals except UNIOSUN which Alakija is building.
Which other teaching hospital did you expect Arthur Eze to build. Your comparison was uncalled for.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2019
dokyOloye:

Afonja,where did you see 'kill' ?

Stay away from my mentions, fool.
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 24, 2019
Rumxy:

Thank you for answering him properly.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by BluntBoy(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Rumxy:

I was not the one that made the comparison. I only reacted to that post.

The guy wrote that Eze's mates (Alakija) is building a teaching hospital while Eze is killing his kinsmen. Someone quoted the post that Anambra had already settled the issue of teaching hospitals.

The problem I had with the post is the pettiness of it. Even if you have all the teaching hospitals in the world, there are other projects in need of funding. Except you tell me that Anambra is absolutely developed and so does not need any project which is why money can be used (wasted) for land grabbing.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by DeRay98(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2019
Tomide007:
His fellow oil mogul (Alakija) is building a teaching Hospital in Osun state, Arthur is busy fighting the poor...

A taste of what Biafra will experience...
In Igboland, the money man is god and everyone else should be seen and not heard.
Of course, they 'll do what they are known for outside business...insults
Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2019
jayson87:

Her accolades are anything but undeserving!
Learn to give honour to whom honour is due.

1 Like

Re: Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing by Lonelypacifist6: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2019
Biggers82:

I can't Close my Gutter mouth I'm an Ewu
fixed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.