Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,100 members, 7,825,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable (319 Views)

Lauretta Onochie On Sowore Arrest: “DSS Saved Him From Setting Self Ablaze” / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by Idokojimmy: 11:01am On Sep 24, 2019
The arrest of Omoyele Sowore by government security agencies is at best justifiable and inevitable; his recent mobilization on social media for his hatchet plans of #RevolutionNow protest under any guise is ill-conceived and untimely. I am not a government official either am I its apologist. But some issues are audible to the deaf and visible to the blind. The seduction the word REVOLUTION comes with seems to make those who believe in the preposterous cause of some form of freedom from imaginary oppressors.

Why do I consider it irresponsible and nonsensical? Well first and foremost, the use of the word REVOLUTION makes light and nonsense of the efforts of the likes of Gandhi the father of nonviolent resistance against imperial Britain, to Toussaint L’Ouverture the great leader of the Haitian revolution and Leon Trotsky who was generally regarded as the architect, along with Vladimir Lenin, of the Bolshevik Russian revolution of 1917.

Omoyele left the government no choice, treasonable crimes include whoever intends to remove otherwise than by constitutional means during his term or office
(i) the President of the Federal Republic or
(ii) The Governor of any State of the Federal Republic, or even incite to mutiny amongst others.
Sowore openly called for revolution, a call for nationwide civil disobedience. I personally believe he left the government no choice. He brought this upon himself.

I am shocked that prominent Social Media activists are now calling for his release. I beg to differ with them. Government should rather ensure Sowore’s trial is followed to its logical conclusion. The man sought to bring down a democratically elected government in an illegal manner. He should be made to face the music period.!!!!

Suffice to note that there is a democratically elected government in place, in which Sowore was a Presidential candidate. Soon after the general elections and having lost he now wants to usurp power from a legitimate government through violent means?
No!!! Nigerians are wiser now than ever.

Meshach Gideon writes from Gombe

Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by youngkid93: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2019
E no concern me
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by bluebay(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2019
Are you from this country?
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by FarahAideed: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2019
Nigerians are not tired of suffering
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by Idokojimmy: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2019
Ever since Sowore joined forces with Mazi Kanu I knew he was set for doom!
Re: Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest And Trial Is Justifiable by GoodofNaija: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2019
APC e-rats writing all sorts to justify their stipends grin

(1) (Reply)

Poverty: We Must Win The Fight Against Corruption - Buhari / Spiritual Efforts Needed To Defeat Boko Haram — Buratai / DELTA: Over 200,000 Prepaid Meters For Deployment – BEDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.