Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos (73673 Views)

Governor Alia In Owerri For APC Governorship Campaign Flag Off (Photos) / Peter Obi Loses His Voice, Can't Go To Ogoni Land 72 Hours To Election ( Video) / PDP Plateau State 2019 Campaign Flag Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by donbrowser(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2019
post=82522184:
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari for this good work.

This is what PDP the evil and looting party along with their presidents that looted our national treasury for 16 years could not do for all the wasted years they are in power.

Thanks for coming to our aid President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is something their ogogoro drinking, ineffectual buffon, son of the soil couldn't do for 8 looong years!

We love you Daddy
We stand with you.
I commend the president's effort. Anyways Bayelsa on my mind. Lol

1 Like

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by ofwest47(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
And yet wailers and haters of Buhari says he Buhari has done nothing since he came to power, now see the going on in the devastated Ogoni land of over 50 years , what about the going on at the 2nd Niger bridge not to talk about Ibadan_ Lagos Rail line and the on going Ibadan_ Kano rail project just to mention a few. Please P M B continue and forget about the haters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by nicepoker101(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
post=82522184:
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari for this good work.

This is what PDP the evil and looting party along with their presidents that looted our national treasury for 16 years could not do for all the wasted years they are in power.

Thanks for coming to our aid President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is something their ogogoro drinking, ineffectual buffon, son of the soil couldn't do for 8 looong years!

We love you Daddy
We stand with you.
[/s]
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by nicepoker101(m): 4:47pm On Sep 24, 2019
[s]
post=82522248:

A man after God's heart.
[/s]
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by nagoma(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
BUHARI

1 Like

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by naijadrivablog: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Thank you FG for this... Hope they finish well

See more the land reclaimed and more photos below...

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/09/see-new-look-of-ogoni-land-as-cleaning.html

Fir those that are not aware, before a cleanup is embarked upon, a JIV is embarked upon by stakeholders in the Oil Industry (NOSDRA, DPR, Oil Company whose facility or area of operation is affected and others) before a cleanup and remediation is done.

My questions are:.

1. When was the JIV done to ascertain the current state of those spill sites?

2. Will there be transparency in the Cleanup exercise (watched by Amnesty Int'l and co)

3. WILL there be remediation to return those sites to former state.

4. And closed out

If you dont understand these terms, dig deeper.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Afamed: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2019
Royalfurnitures:
This is mere media hype, a program launched over 2yrs ago is just begining now and they are celebrating it.

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Most of you comment out of ignorance. The process of cleaning up has various stages as stipulated by UN. It has 5 stages. The first stage was the one completed over 1 year, The 2 stage, is what they have just started.
The proposal according to UN, the cleaning will take up to 30 years. Cleaning up of environment is not just the same as cleaning up your car at the closest car wash. Learn before commenting out of ignorance
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by AutoReportNG: 5:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Fir those that are not aware, before a cleanup is embarked upon, a JIV is embarked upon by stakeholders in the Oil Industry (NOSDRA, DPR, Oil Company whose facility or area of operation is affected and others) before a cleanup and remediation is done.

2. Will there be transparency in the Cleanup exercise (watched by Amnesty Int'l and co)

4. And closed out

I think the JIV has been done, its quite unfortunate that one can't post all their activities so as not to be appear sponsored or as if they are paying us to promote their activities and work but the little I knew, seems all what you mentioned have been done.

I will post some pictures if I am free, even UN Environment came to inspect the area last month... let's be hopeful that they will get it right

1 Like

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Afamed: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2019
naijadrivablog:

4. And closed out

All these were analyzed during the Inauguration in 2015. It was a live telecast that lasted for over 4 hours. Besides , the agency and the community in charge, normally give an updates I think , twice in a year. With a widely broadcast on TV stations. All the critical issues , you raised were all taken care of
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by naijadrivablog: 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2019
Afamed:

All these were analyzed during the Inauguration in 2015. It was a live telecast that lasted for over 4 hours. Besides , the agency and the community in charge, normally give an updated I think , twice in a year. With a widely broadcast on TV stations

I am saying as someone who was an insider in that field and have been to most of these communities.

Let us wait and see sha.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by AutoReportNG: 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2019
Afamed:

All these were analyzed during the Inauguration in 2015. It was a live telecast that lasted for over 4 hours. Besides , the agency and the community in charge, normally give an updated I think , twice in a year. With a widely broadcast on TV stations

Thank you, it seems he didn't follow the procedure or maybe he just want to test my understanding LOL... At least I know of this one
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by naijadrivablog: 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
AutoReportNG:

I think the JIV has been done, its quite unfortunate that one can't post all their activities so as not to be appear sponsored or as if they are paying us to promote their activities and work but the little I knew, seems all what you mentioned have been done.

I will post some pictures if I am free, even UN Environment came to inspect the area last month... let's be hopeful that they will get it right

"I think JIV has been done"

No one is insinuating that you are sponsored to write this. Even if you are, you seem to be based in Lagos but your copyrighted photos shows you were at the sites - free travel

All we want is the right thing to be done. We are apolitical but like you, we are interested in automobiles wink
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by 4Play(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2019
This story was run in 2016 with the usual comments: https://www.nairaland.com/3140285/pictures-ogoni-clean-up

3 years later, the same dishonest tactic of giving the impression that something tangible is commencing when image laundering is all that is happening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Afamed: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
4Play:
This story was run in 2016 with the usual comments: https://www.nairaland.com/3140285/pictures-ogoni-clean-up

3 years later, the same dishonest tactic of giving the impression that something tangible is commencing when image laundering is all that is happening.
Don't say what you don't know. The news of cleaning up of Ogoni land will not end in the next 20 years. It's an exercise meant to last for 30 years according to UN environmental department, starting from 2015. The cleaning ups are in 5 stages. Out of which the first stage , was completed a year ago. The second stage just started few months ago.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Omeizadean(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Davash222:
Any clean up without justice for Saro Wiwa is baseless.
Go exhume Abacha's corpse and stab him case close.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by PecE2Make: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
The clean up kicks off always in Ogoni land. When will this decit end? Keep deceiving the world with pictures.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Afamed: 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2019
PecE2Make:
The clean up kicks off always in Ogoni land. When will this decit end? Keep deceiving the world with pictures.
Why not provide a counter pictures instead of this unending wailing
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Banmeallday: 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2019
AND??
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Legendguru: 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
ohh
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by kiddkash(m): 12:45am On Sep 25, 2019
Xneg:
This is what I expected Goodluck Jonathan to have done but he didn't.
when bros J wanted to do it, those fvckers accused him of nepotism, favoritism and diverting money meant for Nigerians to niger delta's
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by ABOVEDELAW: 2:17am On Sep 25, 2019
JUST SHUT UP, WHAT ABOUT JUSTICE FOR THOSE FOUR CHIEFS KILLED ON THE ORDERS OF KEN SAROWIWA OR ARE THEY NOT HUMAN BEINGS? i][/i]
Davash222:
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by Formularcr7: 6:23am On Sep 25, 2019
Staro:

After 4yrs of flag-off.
OK oo ... fingers crossed.

I will wait until the clean-up is completed.
I don't trust this government

but you trust the previous government
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by CoolAmbience(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2019
Davash222:

Your FG is doing this just for their Oil. No need to thank them. You should be apologizing and thanking the people of Ogoni.

Shut up!

What did your FG led by a son of the region achieve with resolving the environmental degradation in the Niger Delta region in 6 years?
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by CoolAmbience(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2019
Davash222:

Oga, that is a case for the Nigerian judiciary.

Saro-wiwa isn't the only person who deserves justice you know.

The ogonis must continue to push for justice for their lost sons.
Re: See The New Look Of Ogoni Land As Cleaning Kicks Off - Photos by CoolAmbience(m): 8:36am On Sep 25, 2019
ShakaZullu:
[s][/s]
Buhari is a criminal
he's the worst president in the world and in the history of mankind
kiss the truth

Don't go and kill yourself on top Buhari matter o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini / Seyi Tinubu: The First Son Of Nigeria And His Security In Abuja / Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Secondary School With Shehu Yaradua In 1961(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.