Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,432 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Meet Jack The Cute GSD - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Jack The Cute GSD (3965 Views)

Rexy, My Cute GSD Is Here... ;) ;) / Cute GSD Puppies Available At Anambra, Around Ekwulobia/nanka Axis / Tasha The Cute GSD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by Pharrell18: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
Dogzam
wizi44:
what is the name of the app
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
Pharrell18:
But it is clearly written that it was a app and definitely the reading is from pictures. And was also noted that the app is not always consistent. The App just dey try identify the breed of the dog and no one is saying it's a standard method. undecided

I asked a simple question chief.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
Pharrell18:
Okay, so there are two types of GSD generally we have the Working line and Showline. A good Showline GSD is a strikingly beautiful dog. Show line German Shepherds are inclined to be larger, more angulated and brighter in color than Working Line dogs. They are predominantly black and red, Workingline GSD on the other hand are bred generally for their working traits rather than their appearance, thus the appearance of these dogs varies a lot. Although powerful and athletic, they are less likely to show the refined conformation typical of show lines; still, many due show exceptional structure. They can be black and tans, saddle backs, bi colors, solid blacks and pretty much every other color. Now to your question, you are getting it all wrong a dog been working line/Showline is TOTALLY different from Pedigree. In simple terms Pedigree simply means been able to trace and document the root of your dog. Jack is working line GSD because she meet most of the physical and non physical standard attributes of a workingline GSD. I'm open to learn if you think I'm wrong tho.

Well firstly I'll commend you for doing a bit of online research. It's very good because you'll be needing it the more in the nearest future.

Secondly, it is you who is getting it all wrong. You'll observe I didn't jump into conclusions but I asked you a question. And please keep an open mind to what I have to say. Looking back at some of my post, I said it there that the line your dog belongs to is not based on the looks, it is based on how your dog was bred. The pedigree of your dog is what will tell you the line he/she belongs to. If you say your dog is a working line GSD, you should be able to prove it, who are the parents or who are the grandparents?...Have they been in a working field before?..Has anyone in his/her lineage been tested in the schutzhund or IPO training before, were they awarded titles? I asked because these are what can point us to the specific line your dog belongs to. You folks need to stop this misconception of using the topline and angulation of GSDs especially when stacked to judge if they are a working line or a showline GSD.

You also mentioned about your dog meeting the physical and non physical attributes of a standard working line GSD. Who told you that bro? Has a professional and licensed judge accessed your dog before?..ln a case whereby there is no judge, the pedigree of your dog points you to what your dog is.

The pedigree you think is just some written and documented ancestral lineage alone?...Nah..it's more than that. It's a big tool in the hand of any breeder. I will never call any of my GSDs a specific line without any proof.

I'll cite an example to you, if you know Household, tell him you need a working line GSD, he will tell you the working line he has is the DDR. Ask for the name of the parents of any puppy you are making enquiries about. Take the names and look them up...look at the names behind each and every dog..you'll fully understand what I'm telling you because behind these said names he'll be giving you, you'll see dogs that have truly worked and have been licensed to use for breeding too. The pedigree says a lot than names of parents alone. The problem is the fact that majority don't know how to read the pedigree of a dog hence they say it's just some names written down. If you're an aspiring breeder, you need to read a lot bro and I mean a lot.

Finally your dog is good, I'm not saying she's isn't well bred or whatever but can you prove it to us that she's a working line?...Not all dogs are working dogs bro. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by agboedeh: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
phunkypalace:

Well firstly I'll commend you for doing a bit of online research. It's very good because you'll be needing it the more in the nearest future.

Secondly, it is you who is getting it all wrong. You'll observe I didn't jump into conclusions but I asked you a question. And please keep an open mind to what I have to say. Looking back at some of my post, I said it there that the line your dog belongs to is not based on the looks, it is based on how your dog was bred. The pedigree of your dog is what will tell you the line he/she belongs to. If you say your dog is a working line GSD, you should be able to prove it, who are the parents or who are the grandparents?...Have they been in a working field before?..Has anyone in his/her lineage been tested in the schutzhund or IPO training before, were they awarded titles? I asked because these are what can point us to the specific line your dog belongs to. You folks need to stop this misconception of using the topline and angulation of GSDs especially when stacked to judge if they are a working line or a showline GSD.

You also mentioned about your dog meeting the physical and non physical attributes of a standard working line GSD. Who told you that bro? Has a professional and licensed judge accessed your dog before?..ln a case whereby there is no judge, the pedigree of your dog points you to what your dog is.

The pedigree you think is just some written and documented ancestral lineage alone?...Nah..it's more than that. It's a big tool in the hand of any breeder. I will never call any of my GSDs a specific line without any proof.

I'll cite an example to you, if you know Household, tell him you need a working line GSD, he will tell you the working line he has is the DDR. Ask for the name of the parents of any puppy you are making enquiries about. Take the names and look them up...look at the names behind each and every dog..you'll fully understand what I'm telling you because behind these said names he'll be giving you, you'll see dogs that have truly worked and have been licensed to use for breeding too. The pedigree says a lot than names of parents alone. The problem is the fact that majority don't know how to read the pedigree of a dog hence they say it's just some names written down. If you're an aspiring breeder, you need to read a lot bro and I mean a lot.

Finally your dog is good, I'm not saying she's isn't well bred or whatever but can you prove it to us that she's a working line?...Not all dogs are working dogs bro. Cheers!
U have a point in what u said bro. But I believe that a working dog is a dog that work. U might get a pup from a working bloodline but the owner might decide not to train it and leave it to lazy around the house or keep it restricted throughout its life. Will u call that dog a working dog. His dog might not be from a working bloodline but still do a lot of work like guarding , hunting, tracking, therapy etc. I strongly believe that wat makes ur dog a working dog is the ability for ur dog to work and not just by coming from a working bloodline.

1 Like

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by Pharrell18: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2019
phunkypalace:

I appreciate you taking time to compose this. I get all you said but want to ask you some questions. But before then I would like us to think where the word "workingdog" came from. I believe a working dog are dogs that help and assist its humans and they excel at jobs such as guarding property, nerding, protecting livestock and so on. I can just in simple terms say any dog that has a daily task and job that are been carried out efficiently is a workingdog.

German Shepherds are originally breed to be a working dog regardless of its pedigree or not, or are we saying without a dog pedigree it can't be a working dog?

Now to my questions:

IF I'm to go for a dog show where there's a professional and licensed judge accessing dogs will the pedigree of my dog be needed before the judge can classify a dog working line or Showline. Or will the judge base his conclusion on the physical and non physical standard attributes.

Secondly, If a dog Pedigree can't be traced how then can one qualifies a dog Showline or working line.

Thanks and hope your day was good.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by Pharrell18: 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
agboedeh:
U have a point in what u said bro. But I believe that a working dog is a dog that work. U might get a pup from a working bloodline but the owner might decide not to train it and leave it to lazy around the house or keep it restricted throughout its life. Will u call that dog a working dog. His dog might not be from a working bloodline but still do a lot of work like guarding , hunting, tracking, therapy etc. I strongly believe that wat makes ur dog a working dog is the ability for ur dog to work and not just by coming from a working bloodline.

Exactly my point sire
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
agboedeh:

Okay, to your first paragraph...be sure to know there is a difference between a working dog and a dog from a working bloodline. A working dog is actually working and he/she is present in service, he/she has been tested, selected and approved. The working bloodline just shows the required dog has a known history of more than five generations of dogs that have worked or in some cases are still working.

When you call a dog a working dog, it is not about mere saying alone, it is not a dog just running after rats alone or killing some bush meat for you. The dog goes through a lot of series of tests even a gun shot test before he/she is selected and approved. Those that failed will not work, they can be used in breeding but they can't be called a working dog. When you take the dog working to the field he/she becomes a working dog.

Now to the aspect of bloodline, yes his dog might not be from a working bloodline and yet be a working dog, but this dog has to show the desired traits needed in a working dog, must have passed the tests, selected and approved. A dog from a working bloodline that is roaming about in a Kennel or he's being caged down is not a working dog, he/she just have an advantage of being picked for a test ahead of this dog we are talking about. When the time comes for trainers to test some working dogs, dogs with no known history of working can never be selected.

For your dog to be guarding , hunting, tracking, etc like you mentioned, it's not just a mere say. He/she would have been approved.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by Endy10(m): 10:52pm On Dec 01, 2019
phunkypalace:

Okay, to your first paragraph...be sure to know there is a difference between a working dog and a dog from a working bloodline. A working dog is actually working and he/she is present in service, he/she has been tested, selected and approved. The working bloodline just shows the required dog has a known history of more than five generations of dogs that have worked or in some cases are still working.

When you call a dog a working dog, it is not about mere saying alone, it is not a dog just running after rats alone or killing some bush meat for you. The dog goes through a lot of series of tests even a gun shot test before he/she is selected and approved. Those that failed will not work, they can be used in breeding but they can't be called a working dog. When you take the dog working to the field he/she becomes a working dog.

Now to the aspect of bloodline, yes his dog might not be from a working bloodline and yet be a working dog, but this dog has to show the desired traits needed in a working dog, must have passed the tests, selected and approved. A dog from a working bloodline that is roaming about in a Kennel or he's being caged down is not a working dog, he/she just have an advantage of being picked for a test ahead of this dog we are talking about. When the time comes for trainers to test some working dogs, dogs with no known history of working can never be selected.

For your dog to be guarding , hunting, tracking, etc like you mentioned, it's not just a mere say. He/she would have been approved.

Mr Ignite himself!
Thank you for your posts. Like i said in one of your previous posts, its good that you've taken it upon yourself to educate people about the core difference between showline, working line and pedigree.

Im sure there are a lot of people who are really learning from your posts. Gladens my heart that you are spoiling market for the so called breeders that are bastardizing the word pedigree.

Please continue this good work.

Op, i love your dog...looks good. So sorry we dragged this into your thread. At least your thread would act as a source of info to people angry
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2019
Pharrell18:

I appreciate you taking time to compose this. I get all you said but want to ask you some questions. But before then I would like us to think where the word "workingdog" came from. I believe a working dog are dogs that help and assist its humans and they excel at jobs such as guarding property, nerding, protecting livestock and so on. I can just in simple terms say any dog that has a daily task and job that are been carried out efficiently is a workingdog.

German Shepherds are originally breed to be a working dog regardless of its pedigree or not, or are we saying without a dog pedigree it can't be a working dog?

Now to my questions:

IF I'm to go for a dog show where there's a professional and licensed judge accessing dogs will the pedigree of my dog be needed before the judge can classify a dog working line or Showline. Or will the judge base his conclusion on the physical and non physical standard attributes.

Secondly, If a dog Pedigree can't be traced how then can one qualifies a dog Showline or working line.

Thanks and hope your day was good.

A working dog is actually working and he/she is present in service, he/she has been tested, selected and approved.

German Shepherds are originally breed to be a working dog regardless of its pedigree or not, or are we saying without a dog pedigree it can't be a working dog?....That's your very first indirect question.

Answer: Your dog can be a working dog even he/she has never been known to be from a working bloodline or if there is no pedigree to tell us she is from this or that but she has to show the desired traits and instincts of a working dog then he/she must meet up with what I wrote in the first paragraph that is he/she has been tested, selected and approved.

Answer: Well depending on the type of shows and rules of the show, normally a working dog won't appear in a show that is only for showline dogs and also vice versa. But if that's the case and they are supposed to be grouped into classes, then yes the judge will be needing the pedigree of your dog to know the specific line he/she belongs to. Then one thing I observed you keep saying is the physical attributes and non physical attributes. Well this is the first time of hearing non physical attributes and I really do not understand what that means but to the physical attributes..I want to believe you are referring to judging your dog according to the breed standard. When a Judge does this he/she is only performing what we know as conformation to the breed standard and this cannot be used to class a dog into a working line or a showline. The pedigree of the dog tells us that.

Answer: It is very difficult and the reality is that one cannot without the pedigree. That was why I asked that question from the beginning that how did you know that your dog is a working line GSD.

Like I said earlier the misconception is always using the topline and the croup of these dogs to judge that but I can assure it is only in this part of the world that is being done and that is because some things are not working in the canine industry. You'll hear people saying slant and straight back, shall I shock you...they all have a straight back but the topline, the croup and difference in angulation is what folks use in classifying a working line from a showline and that is very funny. You might need to read my other post or read on the anatomy of the German Shepherd Dog by Louis Donald. You'll understand better.

With love from IGNITE German Shepherds.

For further enquiries, please do not hesitate to reach out on any of our platform, I'll be more than willing to help.

Twitter: @ignite_GSD
Instagram: @ignitegsd
Facebook: @ignitegsd
Tel/Whatsapp: +2348062682135
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 11:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
Endy10:

Mr Ignite himself!
Thank you for your posts. Like i said in one of your previous posts, its good that you've taken it upon yourself to educate people about the core difference between showline, working line and pedigree.

Im sure there are a lot of people who are really learning from your posts. Gladens my heart that you are spoiling market for the so called breeders that are bastardizing the word pedigree.

Please continue this good work.

Op, i love your dog...looks good. So sorry we dragged this into your thread. At least your thread would act as a source of info to people angry

Lol...the goal is not spoil anyone's market but to lift out the innocent ones out of their ignorance. I see a lot of misleading informations here and I feel sorry for people. I would have love to be jumping into people's thread but sometimes one just have to keep it low and be on the lookout for people who are open minded and have the desire to learn. I believe once they learn one or two things, they'll also spread it. It's not a day job but we'll get there.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by agboedeh: 2:25am On Dec 02, 2019
phunkypalace:

We are still saying the same thing. As far as ur dog works and excels perfectly in doing it. The dog is a working dog.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by phunkypalace(m): 8:00am On Dec 02, 2019
agboedeh:
We are still saying the same thing. As far as ur dog works and excels perfectly in doing it. The dog is a working dog.

Okay what type of work are you referring to here cause it seemhouse to you a working dog is just any dog you put at home to secure your house for you.
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by agboedeh: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2019
phunkypalace:

Okay what type of work are you referring to here cause it seemhouse to you a working dog is just any dog you put at home to secure your houseyou for you.
In my statement, I didn't just say guarding. Hunting, therapy e.t.c
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by 14teenK: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
You guys just turned the thread to another thing, nawa o. Frank, you’re doing a great job with the dog, Tasha says hi
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 7:20am On Mar 04, 2020
Greetings, it's been awhile I posted.. this is actually my first update this year. My girl is doing great and she will be a year soon. I'm stil expecting her to grow a bit more.. but overall I'm stil satisfied.

She doesn't seems to eat her kibble well, she just crunch a little and leave the rest.. but she prefers cooked meal like noddles with fish.. I try to give her more of the kibble than noddles because that should be the right food for her but she prefers human food I try mixing Can food with the kibble and she eats them well.. enough of the talking, show me if your dog is as Cute as mine grin

Enjoy

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by amizzy48(m): 9:58am On Mar 04, 2020
frankdudus:
Greetings, it's been awhile I posted.. this is actually my first update this year. My girl is doing great and she will be a year soon. I'm stil expecting her to grow a bit more.. but overall I'm stil satisfied.

She doesn't seems to eat her kibble well, she just crunch a little and leave the rest.. but she prefers cooked meal like noddles with fish.. I try to give her more of the kibble than noddles because that should be the right food for her but she prefers human food I try mixing Can food with the kibble and she eats them well.. enough of the talking, show me if your dog is as Cute as mine grin

Enjoy
my gsd Is also cute as your

2 Likes

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2020
amizzy48:
my gsd Is also cute as your
Lovely
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 11:20am On Mar 28, 2020
We live in a fragmented and disconnected culture. Politics are ugly, religion is struggling, technology is stressful, and the economy is unfortunate. What’s one thing that we have in our lives that we can depend on? Parents, siblings, Partner, a dog or a cat loving us unconditionally, every day, (Jon Katz)Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day, Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.

Stil Growing

1 Like

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 9:13pm On May 09, 2020
cool

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2020
kiss

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2020
kiss Stil growing @ 14month.. This Friendship is Fur Real

1 Like

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
Been a while i update on my girl, she is doing really great and i am proud of her.... i believe she is still growing and yet to attain her potentials.
She is very protective and has a high drive. Enjoy the pic

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
More tongue

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by frankdudus(m): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
tongue

1 Like

Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by ebonyoyas(m): 3:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
U have a cute dog too bro
frankdudus:
tongue
Re: Meet Jack The Cute GSD by Ojenose: 1:33am On Oct 29, 2020
frankdudus:
So I came across this app today, it runs and shows the type of breed and how pure your dog is. Note the results are not always consistent, test it when my girl was laying doing and it shows 89% but i get a better result with a standing posture. The app try Sha at least identifying the breed is 90% accurate. My thoughts thou.
what's the name of the app

(1) (2) (Reply)

Extra Territorial Rott,4th Attack This Year / My 7 Months Old Male Caucasian Is Up For Sale (Price Reduced) / Meet My Pet Dog And Cat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.